Got a rezound today!

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
After numerous replacement nexus phones due to signal issues I was offered the rezound as a replacement. I was hesitant but am I glad I chose it. This phone is simply awesome as it is. The screen is top notch and runs like butter. I thought I would let everyone know that a new convert has arrived lol. I had the thunderbolt awhile back and loved it despite its shortcomings. I am looking forward to exploring more on this phone and probably throwing some roms on for the heck of it but I am finally happy with is offered without feeling any need to change it. We will see how battery goes but I am in a 3g only area so it wont be bad until we get 4g.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Welcome aboard the Rezound train. Had mine since November, and I still love it! I don't think I have had any other phone for that long and still loved it...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I had signal issues with the Nexus as well, it was a nightmare. My Rezound gets constant 4-5 bars 4G signal strength.
As for the battery I would not expect much, all smart phones have terrible battery life. Do yourself a favor and get an extended battery so you wont have to worry about your phone dying on you. I can't believe people deactivate the 4G to save the battery, that's no way to live, just get an extended battery and avoid all that BS :cool:

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I went ahead and got the extended battery because they sent me a regular one for free so I figured I would have one of each. I like the red lights because my University colors are Red and Black so it doubles as school spirit. One thing that I noticed is ehrpd 3G is literally ten times slower than Rev. A. I speed tested it on ehrpd and got 536 ms and down: 140kb and up: 240kb. I then dialed ##778 and went into modem settings and switched Rev. A to enable and restarted and re did the test and got 169ms down: 1,210kb! and up: 700kb. Can anyone else in a 3g only area try this out? These differences are huge and I am keeping it on Rev.A until 4G is here.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Congrats and enjoy your Rezound. I was given this amazing phone too because my bolt was acting up and subsequently the refurbs on it were a problem too. I am pleased so far and have had it close to two months. Love the red and red is my favorite color LOL
My battery life is ok and am on 4G

Again, welcome.....

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
No 4g in Houston?

Anyhoo, based on numerous reports the Rez should serve you lots better on the reception end. Still loving this thing, and no epeen envy thus far..though that may change the coming weeks with Motos and HTCs latest and greatest likely being announced. ;-)

Welcome!

DRKayak

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
He must be living in an outskirts town of Houston. Houston was one of the first Verizon 4G cities.

Houston, we have the Rezound!

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I go to school in a non 4g area. I have it al over Houston all the way to the beach even! Thanks for the warm welcome. Reception far exceeds my expectations

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I go to school in a non 4g area. I have it al over Houston all the way to the beach even! Thanks for the warm welcome. Reception far exceeds my expectations

Ah gotcha. Hope you can connect to the school's wifi instead!
I think of the Rez owners as a special group of Android folk, using a device that til this day is way underrated but luckily has a great group of devs and other users who recognize it for being arguably one of the best android devices released to date. I sure do!

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh I do and get about 20 mb! I'm actually very impressed with this phone. I'm not sure why it's been given the back burner treatment because I never would have thought it was this good from what's been pushed.

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I think its a great choice, I really don't think we can max out this phone, At least with my regular use I have not topped it out yet. The battery is not the greatest, but that's the same with every smart phone, unless there is a great leap in battery tech or power management, I don't see that changing any time soon, just have a car charger handy and you should be set. I usually kill mine using the camera and posting pictures, the camera is one of my favorite features.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had a customer the other day wanting me to take her pic in the new sunglasses she just had purchased from me...she took out her phone. Tada....a rezound!

sent from my Rezound

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I think its a great choice, I really don't think we can max out this phone, At least with my regular use I have not topped it out yet. The battery is not the greatest, but that's the same with every smart phone, unless there is a great leap in battery tech or power management, I don't see that changing any time soon, just have a car charger handy and you should be set. I usually kill mine using the camera and posting pictures, the camera is one of my favorite features.

With a bit of tweaking and a custom rom it can definitely kick some ass in the battery dept. This is how long I was able to keep my phone on after charging before I plugged it in this morning again. Posted a GSAM battery monitor screenie to prove it was actually used in the meantime. This was with little over 3 hours of screen on time at about 40%.

pP9m7wSQskYqM01_yxSfmkUAXtztvh1KJTNp7inFIVN2A1hiXTnJ0lZWynmzxC-BeAtB0906X7Q

mithed

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the family. I have had mine since January and have loved it from the start. Its an underrated phone, but I don't care, it just means that those other people don't know a great phone when they see one!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance