Question for Rezound users of Spotify app

anon26174

May 24, 2010
Visit site
So the Spotify app got an update today and one of the things mentioned in the Google Play description is the addition of an equalizer for Ice Cream Sandwich users which can be found in the Spotify app settings.

Clearly, other devices can see this (according to the reviews), but when I updated the app, I don't see an EQ under settings at all with this new version (0.5.3.56).

Just wondered if the issue is unique to me or something all Rezound users are seeing. It might be an HTC thing as there are now some similar complaints on the app.

Thanks!

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Didn't know there was an update til I read your post. I updated, and I do not see the Audio Effects menu under Settings. What does HTC do that makes it so tough for devs to give us the same functionality everyone else gets?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere that the Equalizer/Sound Effects was only for Spotify Premium subscribers... I haven't had the app installed on my phone for months, I can try installing it and activating the 48-hour premium trial and see if it shows up there, probably late tonight after job #2.

anon26174

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm a premium subscriber too. Anyway, encouraging (or perhaps discouraging) that I'm not alone in this and that it's probably an HTC device bug *sigh*.

I sent a note to customer care and they responded with these suggestions, which I presume are simply an auto-response:

- If you installed the Spotify Android app from the Market, uninstall it and install the version from the Spotify website instead.
- If you installed the Spotify Android app from the Spotify website, uninstall it and install the version from the Market instead.
- Don’t store any offline playlists i.e. use Spotify as for streaming-only. If you really can’t live without offline playlists, keep the number of playlists stored offline down to a minimum.
- Don’t play an local files through Spotify.
- Try an older version of the app. The current version is 0.4.12, but there are reports that version 0.4.04 is much more stable on ICS. This version pre-dates Facebook logins though, so only downgrade if you have an “old” (non-Facebook) Spotify login.
- Change your password. Bizarrely Spotify suggest this might help.
- Uninstall, delete cache, re-install. Repeat these steps every week or so to get around the “breaks after a few days” problem.
- If you have lots of playlists, delete most of them then try again.

I tried the first one – I didn't even realize the version at m.spotify.com was a different version than the one in Google Play – but I still don't see the equalizer.

In the end, the EQ may not even matter that much or could suck, but it's annoying to not have functionality because of bad coding/testing when it's promised.

Last edited:

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, but I just updated Spotify on my 4G Xoom, and it does have the EQ available... So it is a Rezound (or HTC) issue

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums