Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: ~-=Official Android Central Rezound Off Topic Thread=-~

Quote Originally Posted by android4life007 View Post
    How hard would it be for someone to abuse or accidentally mess up this proposed Apple Smartphone Disabling System? I can already see something catastrophic happening and this being banned forever.
    I never cared for Apple or any Apple products in the first place but now I REALLY DON'T LIKE THEM to say the least. Making Samsung pay $1Billion just means that people lose jobs and we the consumers may end up paying for it by having to pay more for Samsung products in the future. And now they are targeting other companies as well?.....If you ask me that's the last thing the world needs right now.
    The main reason behind it is they they know they are loosing market share to android and other systems. Iphones are a stagnant product with no chance of improving once they are released. Android can be developed and expanded on due to the large Dev community, apple just cant match that, at last count, and this was some time ago, there were 69 versions of Android available on the market, that means more choices for the customer rather then a one and done model. The posted numbers clearly show it, so now they are trying to force it with these lawsuits, I fully expect a load of appeals before this is done.
    android4life007 likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

What do you guys think of the new Android Central look? Its going to take a bit for me to get used to but I like it IMHO the way Android Central looks and feels is far superior to other forums by far.
    I was terrified when I logged in. Then, much like after the first time, I became used to it, and then began to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by tarnak View Post
    The main reason behind it is they they know they are loosing market share to android and other systems. Iphones are a stagnant product with no chance of improving once they are released. Android can be developed and expanded on due to the large Dev community, apple just cant match that, at last count, and this was some time ago, there were 69 versions of Android available on the market, that means more choices for the customer rather then a one and done model. The posted numbers clearly show it, so now they are trying to force it with these lawsuits, I fully expect a load of appeals before this is done.
    I don't think most Apple users care about variety, dev support or updates. I've asked the few Apple elitists I know what OS they are running ... they always respond with a blank stare.

I'm not saying they're bad. That's just them ... could not care less about any technical details.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > OG Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2

Global Posts
    1,179 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

On a different note, how often do you get the "stuttering voice" issue when you make or receive a call in your area? It seems to happen in my area about one out of every 6-10 calls... just have to hang-up and call back or wait for the person to call back because all you hear is blips of their voice through silence, second call usually works all the time. I know it is not my phone, every phone I have had over the last 2 years does this (enV Touch, Inc2, Samsung Stratosphere, and Rezound). Also seems to occur more often when it is a cell to cell call, and I have had it occur in Bismarck and Minot, ND. Anyone else have this happen once in a while?
    Last edited by acejavelin; 09-11-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Once in a blue moon - well ... every other third blue moon. I think it happens to me because cell coverage at my house is much weaker than the rest of the city. Happened on my DInc and Blackberry, too.

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    On a different note, how often do you get the "stuttering voice" issue when you make or receive a call in your area? It seems to happen in my area about one out of every 6-10 calls... just have to hang-up and call back or wait for the person to call back because all you hear is blips of their voice through silence, second call usually works all the time. I know it is not my phone, every phone I have had over the last 2 years does this (enV Touch, Inc2, Samsung Stratosphere, and Rezound). Also seems to occur more often when it is a cell to cell call, and I have had it occur in Bismarck and Minot, ND. Anyone else have this happen once in a while?
    I only seem to have something similar to that happen when I talk to my folks who refuse to change out their wireless landline phone system. Gotta love it when they call me and suddenly the line drops. Nope it's not me, because about 5 min later I get a call back with the message: "sorry son, the battery on the one phone died so I had to grab the one from room xyz" Only for it to happen again 10 min later.

/rant

sorry

Global Posts
    1,179 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Hmmm... I have tried to isolate this (I am a VoIP/Telecom technician with 20 years experience) and can only deduce it is a Verizon Network issue, several times a month I get or make a call and when the call is answered, one party usually seems to hear fine, the other party only hears a tiny blip of audio about every 1.5-2 seconds from the very start of the call until disconnect. I drove my son crazy for a about an hour tonight calling him a good 50+ times to make this occur, he is on Verizon in Minot, and I am in Bismarck, and both of us have impeccable voice and 4G signal (I can see the tower a 1/3 mile away from my kitchen window, he is on the 11th floor of an apartment building and is 2 blocks and eye-level with a VZW antenna array) and about every 5 to 10 calls, a bad one with the exact same symptoms. Very odd, everyone around here knows what I am talking about, but no one says they have every called VZW about the issue, saying stuff like "Cellular voice calls suck, that is just he way it is and always has been, they are not supposed to good quality or reliable" (do people really believe that?) and it has been going on for two years since I moved here. When I lived in Rochester, MN, it happened like a dozen times over a 4 year period that I can think of.

Guess I was just trying to get a feel for others if this is a wide-spread issue, or just a more localized one... anyone else have any input?

ROM
    Verizon Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Hmmm... I have tried to isolate this (I am a VoIP/Telecom technician with 20 years experience) and can only deduce it is a Verizon Network issue, several times a month I get or make a call and when the call is answered, one party usually seems to hear fine, the other party only hears a tiny blip of audio about every 1.5-2 seconds from the very start of the call until disconnect. I drove my son crazy for a about an hour tonight calling him a good 50+ times to make this occur, he is on Verizon in Minot, and I am in Bismarck, and both of us have impeccable voice and 4G signal (I can see the tower a 1/3 mile away from my kitchen window, he is on the 11th floor of an apartment building and is 2 blocks and eye-level with a VZW antenna array) and about every 5 to 10 calls, a bad one with the exact same symptoms. Very odd, everyone around here knows what I am talking about, but no one says they have every called VZW about the issue, saying stuff like "Cellular voice calls suck, that is just he way it is and always has been, they are not supposed to good quality or reliable" (do people really believe that?) and it has been going on for two years since I moved here. When I lived in Rochester, MN, it happened like a dozen times over a 4 year period that I can think of.

Guess I was just trying to get a feel for others if this is a wide-spread issue, or just a more localized one... anyone else have any input?
    I personally have never heard of or experienced anything like the problem you're describing. I do live in CA so I'm not sure if it's because of location or what but that issue sounds very annoying. I remember 8-10 years ago when cell phone quality was considered to be terrible and unreliable and now most of the time it is very reliable and its common for the person on the other line to not even notice you are using a cell phone since the call quality has improved.
    -We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children.

Son of a buck ... once again, HTC is going with non-removable batteries. I think fans of HTC phones are screwed. The trend at HTC really does seem to be to copy Apple's WORST feature: non-removable batteries.

HTC Win8X:
    HTC Windows Phone 8X preview | Ubergizmo

ROM
    Verizon Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    Son of a buck ... once again, HTC is going with non-removable batteries. I think fans of HTC phones are screwed. The trend at HTC really does seem to be to copy Apple's WORST feature: non-removable batteries.

HTC Win8X:
    That would definitely be a deal breaker with me. I always get the largest capacity batteries I can get. I used to hate having to worry about my battery dying on me every day.
    There are too many cons for me to not have a removable battery
    -We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children.

Global Posts
    1,179 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

I have a feeling this will get to be more and more prevalent... it makes business sense, it limits the life of the device for the average user since most people are not going to open a sealed phone to replace the battery, meaning people have to get new phones more often, thus buy more from the manufacturer (hopefully). It also decreases manufacturing costs, a removable back has to be engineered and use higher quality materials to withstand repeated removal/installation procedures, connectors have to be installed instead of hard wired batteries thus increasing costs, I know these things only cost a few dollars per device, but after markup they could be worth $10 in profit times 200,000 devices is $2M more in pure profit, plus most users will need to get a new phone sooner.

I don't like that this is becoming the norm, but like most "disposable" electronics, this is the route it is going to... consider the Diamond Rio PMP300 (arguably the first real MP3 player) it used a single AA battery in 2000, but when is the last time you saw an MP3 player/PMP with a removable battery anymore? And lets face it, cell phones are considered disposable, 2 years get a new one is what every manufacturer wants, except Apple, they want you do throw out the old and get a new one every time a new one comes out.

ROM
    Verizon Stock ICS

Have you guys seen the GS3 commercial where people are waiting in line for the Iphone? I don't have a SGIII but it says alot about Iphone and Android in general, loved every second of that commercial!
    Thanked by:
    acejavelin likes this.

Have you guys seen the GS3 commercial where people are waiting in line for the Iphone? I don't have a SGIII but it says alot about Iphone and Android in general, loved every second of that commercial!
    Yea, it's a great commercial. Made me LOL a couple times.

Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post

HTC Win8X:
    Maybe everyone should be a fan of the hardware or software rather than a brand. I used to be a severe Sony geek. Lately(and by lately I mean the last 10 years), Sony has stopped making cutting edge devices with tons of features and has been making crap that barely works(with the exception of their TV's...still top notch as far as I'm concerned). And in those 10 years I've branched out and bought devices from other manufacturers that stack up better than the Sony offerings. In the end it's all about what you want and suits you better but in this day and age brand loyalty seems to only bring severe disappointment.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney

I want a Rezound.

sent from my DInc4g using AC forums

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Maybe everyone should be a fan of the hardware or software rather than a brand. I used to be a severe Sony geek. Lately(and by lately I mean the last 10 years), Sony has stopped making cutting edge devices with tons of features and has been making crap that barely works(with the exception of their TV's...still top notch as far as I'm concerned). And in those 10 years I've branched out and bought devices from other manufacturers that stack up better than the Sony offerings. In the end it's all about what you want and suits you better but in this day and age brand loyalty seems to only bring severe disappointment.
    Yea, I hear ya Smith. I held the Sammy Nexus at the same time as the Rezound - the Nexus felt cheap & uncomfortable in (my) hand. I don't care for anything I've seen by Moto. LG -- nah. To me ... HTC has the closest overall quality to that fruity company who would rather sue competition than innovate.

I just hate the non-swappable battery trend at HTC. It may force me to accept another OEM's device next time.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Why make it a "force"? Why not just do what you did this time? Play with all the available hardware and see which you like the best? I went from Moto to Samsung to Moto to HTC to Samsung(and several different tablet brands as well). What if LG came out with a knock out phone. 24 hours of 4G/Screen on battery life super slim, high res everything and it fit every possible need you had? Would you pass it by just because the manufacturer? I'm seriously not trying to be preachy, but don't miss out on something awesome just because it has the wrong name on the front(or back)
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney

I did not say future models were out of the question.

ROM
    CM9/Countershrike v. 2.3A

I am reviving the OT thread! Because, c'mon, why not? Surely there are other things to talk about from time to time.

For example, there's about to be a whole lot of Rezound rooting going on in my house soon, hooray! Both my husband and I are going to root. I haven't had a rooted phone since my Incredible, his old DInc2 was rooted. Can't wait. Any advice from the rooted folks?

Sent from my Rezound using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Verizon Stock ICS

On a Different Note,
    "Android apps used by millions vulnerable to data theft" Android apps used by millions vulnerable to data theft - TechSpot News
    They say that the Devs are to blame, how long these people have known about this?
    I always had a bad feeling about using Banking Apps (Wells Fargo, Chase etc.) so thats why I stopped using them a long time ago.
    I wonder if my Security App "Webroot" is capable of doing anything to protect my passwords etc.
    They won't tell us which Apps were tested but if they were indeed the BIG NAME popular Apps then it is safe to assume that the lesser known Apps are likely to be even more insecure.

ROM

I'm nervous about the password locker apps. I'm unsure as to how anyone could implicitly trust those?

I do use my credit union's app but that's it for banking type. Hmmm... Would be interested to know which apps they're talking about.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TheAutoMomma View Post
    I am reviving the OT thread! Because, c'mon, why not? Surely there are other things to talk about from time to time.

For example, there's about to be a whole lot of Rezound rooting going on in my house soon, hooray! Both my husband and I are going to root. I haven't had a rooted phone since my Incredible, his old DInc2 was rooted. Can't wait. Any advice from the rooted folks?

Make backups. If you're flashing an RUU, backup your internal SD card too. I didn't when I flashed one and I lost all my titanium backups in the process. Other than that, whaddayawaitin' for, get rooting!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

ROM

Thanks! Backups are definitely in the works... And currently, we are waiting for both kids to be sleeping because they're young enough to be button pushers, which we don't want when trying to root. Hoping we have time to get it done tonight, can't wait!

ROM

Well, the backing up is done and my husband's phone is unlocked... We got hung on one area of root so will try to get back at it tonight when kids are out.

For today, the little folk and I have been painting pumpkins and I have been putting off writing I need to do for the mag I write for... Just not feelin' it. Fun and excitement at my house, haha! Maybe I'll paint an Android on a pumpkin, haha. My son would love it!

ROM
    Verizon Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by TheAutoMomma View Post
    Well, the backing up is done and my husband's phone is unlocked... We got hung on one area of root so will try to get back at it tonight when kids are out.

For today, the little folk and I have been painting pumpkins and I have been putting off writing I need to do for the mag I write for... Just not feelin' it. Fun and excitement at my house, haha! Maybe I'll paint an Android on a pumpkin, haha. My son would love it!

My daughter loves the little Android guy, that's a great idea for a pumpkin decal lol
    Have you tried Androidify yet? It's tons of fun, for the kids of course
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast