~-=Official Android Central Rezound Off Topic Thread=-~

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Why not? There's no area for us Rezound owners to actually "sit" and converse with each other about things.

Works well on other forums I'm on and ideally helps to keep OT posts out of topical threads.

Reactions: android4life007

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Is the phone made of lead, too?

Sometimes, I don't think China really wants to get along in this 'global marketplace' that we all live in.

On a side note, in before the lock. ;)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Why is a lock necessary? The purpose of this thread is to provide an area for multi-topic discussion that is not necessarily related to the phone. Please don't be so quick to condemn.

It's better to post banter here than in unrelated threads.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Why is a lock necessary? The purpose of this thread is to provide an area for multi-topic discussion that is not necessarily related to the phone. Please don't be so quick to condemn.

It's better to post banter here than in unrelated threads.

lol. I agree it's a good idea. :)

In other forums I've seen over the years, this was the place to get warned, banned or beheaded. I'm sure it will work well here, tho. Just playin'.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Alright, how about this.

A Chinese company builds an Android phone which looks like the iPhone, and the OS has been "themed" and looks like the iOS layout. This Chinese company has patented that phone design and screen layout and now vows to sue Apple if they try to release the iPhone 5 in China.

Chinese Company Used Leaked iPhone 5 Specs to Build Knockoff, Hopes to Sue Apple for Patent Infringement | Trending Now - Yahoo! News

This has me laughing my ass off.

That is pretty damn epic. I want one just for the name alone.

I like turtles

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Alright, how about this.

A Chinese company builds an Android phone which looks like the iPhone, and the OS has been "themed" and looks like the iOS layout. This Chinese company has patented that phone design and screen layout and now vows to sue Apple if they try to release the iPhone 5 in China.

Chinese Company Used Leaked iPhone 5 Specs to Build Knockoff, Hopes to Sue Apple for Patent Infringement | Trending Now - Yahoo! News

This has me laughing my ass off.

Wait, you mean MIUI?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Wait, you mean MIUI?

That's exactly what I thought when I first read this story yesterday. We had a MIUI ROM for the original Inc like two years ago and I'm sure it existed well before that!

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I used MIUI on my old Droid X. I liked it, but full functionality wasn't there at the time. TBH since upgrading to the Rezound I'm actually content with Sense and just simply cleaning up my home screens.

You know I'm also kind of interested in the fact that Samsung is still the supplier of the processor of the iPhone 5. Not sure if it's just the profitability of the deal that kept Samsung in it despite the recent lawsuit or what.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It's way too laggy. Even their ICS build. Used it on the dinc for a day and couldn't stand how slow it was.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Weird, I don't recall the GB version for the Droid X being laggy.

I really need to pick up Android programming for my own amusement. That... and making mods for Minecraft haha.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I really need to pick up Android programming for my own amusement. That... and making mods for Minecraft haha.

Could have been the dinc. It was certainly so on the GNEX though.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

I minecraft. I spent unholy amounts of time I'm that game when it was in alpha and beta. Not much sense release though...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
It's addicting. I'm currently playing SSP in hardcore mode with a couple of mods.

Millenaire adds a new style of NPC buildings, that offer quests, unique goods, expanding towns, and a basic economy system.
Timber! allows you to chop down a whole tree buy breaking the bottom block. Axe required.

Sethoth

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Here's an off topic one: So my friend recently bought a Razr and extended his contract. Not even a month later he dropped and smashed it. Anyone think Verizon will let him buy another at the discounted price since he's paying for service and doesn't even have a phone now? He's considering the Rezound due to the price drop.

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Here's an off topic one: So my friend recently bought a Razr and extended his contract. Not even a month later he dropped and smashed it. Anyone think Verizon will let him buy another at the discounted price since he's paying for service and doesn't even have a phone now? He's considering the Rezound due to the price drop.

Did he get the insurance?? If not then I suggest calling VZW and asking very politely for another phone at the discounted price especially considering the time frame :) They are usually pretty cool about requests. If the first VZW rep gives you trouble then try and try again and also ask to speak to someone with more authority if necessary.

I highly recommend the Rezound over any phone at the moment :cool:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Love these off topic threads...do I need a rezound? My daughter thinks minecraft is the best game ever. She has played all the "high graphic" games too. What a cool kid.