~-=Official Android Central Rezound Off Topic Thread=-~

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Maybe everyone should be a fan of the hardware or software rather than a brand. I used to be a severe Sony geek. Lately(and by lately I mean the last 10 years), Sony has stopped making cutting edge devices with tons of features and has been making crap that barely works(with the exception of their TV's...still top notch as far as I'm concerned). And in those 10 years I've branched out and bought devices from other manufacturers that stack up better than the Sony offerings. In the end it's all about what you want and suits you better but in this day and age brand loyalty seems to only bring severe disappointment.

Yea, I hear ya Smith. I held the Sammy Nexus at the same time as the Rezound - the Nexus felt cheap & uncomfortable in (my) hand. I don't care for anything I've seen by Moto. LG -- nah. To me ... HTC has the closest overall quality to that fruity company who would rather sue competition than innovate.

I just hate the non-swappable battery trend at HTC. It may force me to accept another OEM's device next time.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Why make it a "force"? Why not just do what you did this time? Play with all the available hardware and see which you like the best? I went from Moto to Samsung to Moto to HTC to Samsung(and several different tablet brands as well). What if LG came out with a knock out phone. 24 hours of 4G/Screen on battery life super slim, high res everything and it fit every possible need you had? Would you pass it by just because the manufacturer? I'm seriously not trying to be preachy, but don't miss out on something awesome just because it has the wrong name on the front(or back)

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I am reviving the OT thread! Because, c'mon, why not? Surely there are other things to talk about from time to time.

For example, there's about to be a whole lot of Rezound rooting going on in my house soon, hooray! Both my husband and I are going to root. I haven't had a rooted phone since my Incredible, his old DInc2 was rooted. Can't wait. Any advice from the rooted folks?

Sent from my Rezound using Android Central Forums

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
On a Different Note,
"Android apps used by millions vulnerable to data theft" Android apps used by millions vulnerable to data theft - TechSpot News
They say that the Devs are to blame, how long these people have known about this?
I always had a bad feeling about using Banking Apps (Wells Fargo, Chase etc.) so thats why I stopped using them a long time ago.
I wonder if my Security App "Webroot" is capable of doing anything to protect my passwords etc.
They won't tell us which Apps were tested but if they were indeed the BIG NAME popular Apps then it is safe to assume that the lesser known Apps are likely to be even more insecure.

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm nervous about the password locker apps. I'm unsure as to how anyone could implicitly trust those?

I do use my credit union's app but that's it for banking type. Hmmm... Would be interested to know which apps they're talking about.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I am reviving the OT thread! Because, c'mon, why not? Surely there are other things to talk about from time to time.

For example, there's about to be a whole lot of Rezound rooting going on in my house soon, hooray! Both my husband and I are going to root. I haven't had a rooted phone since my Incredible, his old DInc2 was rooted. Can't wait. Any advice from the rooted folks?

Make backups. If you're flashing an RUU, backup your internal SD card too. I didn't when I flashed one and I lost all my titanium backups in the process. Other than that, whaddayawaitin' for, get rooting!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Backups are definitely in the works... And currently, we are waiting for both kids to be sleeping because they're young enough to be button pushers, which we don't want when trying to root. Hoping we have time to get it done tonight, can't wait!

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, the backing up is done and my husband's phone is unlocked... We got hung on one area of root so will try to get back at it tonight when kids are out.

For today, the little folk and I have been painting pumpkins and I have been putting off writing I need to do for the mag I write for... Just not feelin' it. Fun and excitement at my house, haha! Maybe I'll paint an Android on a pumpkin, haha. My son would love it!

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, the backing up is done and my husband's phone is unlocked... We got hung on one area of root so will try to get back at it tonight when kids are out.

For today, the little folk and I have been painting pumpkins and I have been putting off writing I need to do for the mag I write for... Just not feelin' it. Fun and excitement at my house, haha! Maybe I'll paint an Android on a pumpkin, haha. My son would love it!

My daughter loves the little Android guy, that's a great idea for a pumpkin decal lol
Have you tried Androidify yet? It's tons of fun, for the kids of course :p

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
My daughter loves the little Android guy, that's a great idea for a pumpkin decal lol
Have you tried Androidify yet? It's tons of fun, for the kids of course :p

Haha, yes! I love Androidify. My little folks haven't used it, but I sure have! My boy will like it when he's a bit older.

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, no root just yet (these phones are tougher to root than our old phones, that's for sure!) but I did get an Android painted pumpkin done. A little off proportion but I like it anyway.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351119122097.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351119122097.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 21

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
One Rezound rooted, one to go. My husband got his all done last night finally, so I will now start the process on mine this weekend. I'm pretty nervous but excited to get started. More excited to get finished, haha.

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Can we rename this thread to the "where I talk to myself" thread? :D

Anyway. No wire trick yet, but I did find the proximity sensor calibration app. However, I have no idea how to use it. Anyone got an tips?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Can we rename this thread to the "where I talk to myself" thread? :D

Anyway. No wire trick yet, but I did find the proximity sensor calibration app. However, I have no idea how to use it. Anyone got an tips?

Did you read the initial post I linked in the other thread?...the instructions are there...under "Usage" :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12