Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

Default ~-=Official Android Central Rezound Off Topic Thread=-~

Why not? There's no area for us Rezound owners to actually "sit" and converse with each other about things.

Works well on other forums I'm on and ideally helps to keep OT posts out of topical threads.
    Thanked by:
    android4life007 likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

Default Re: ~-=Official Android Central Rezound Off Topic Thread=-~

Alright, how about this.

A Chinese company builds an Android phone which looks like the iPhone, and the OS has been "themed" and looks like the iOS layout. This Chinese company has patented that phone design and screen layout and now vows to sue Apple if they try to release the iPhone 5 in China.

Chinese Company Used Leaked iPhone 5 Specs to Build Knockoff, Hopes to Sue Apple for Patent Infringement | Trending Now - Yahoo! News

This has me laughing my *** off.

Well, it is china after all, they could actually win the case, verdict applicable only in China of course.

Is the phone made of lead, too?

Sometimes, I don't think China really wants to get along in this 'global marketplace' that we all live in.

On a side note, in before the lock.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)
    Dell XPS 12 (great Ultrabook convertible for mobile work!)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

Why is a lock necessary? The purpose of this thread is to provide an area for multi-topic discussion that is not necessarily related to the phone. Please don't be so quick to condemn.

It's better to post banter here than in unrelated threads.

Quote Originally Posted by xxfallacyxx View Post
    Why is a lock necessary? The purpose of this thread is to provide an area for multi-topic discussion that is not necessarily related to the phone. Please don't be so quick to condemn.

It's better to post banter here than in unrelated threads.
    lol. I agree it's a good idea.

In other forums I've seen over the years, this was the place to get warned, banned or beheaded. I'm sure it will work well here, tho. Just playin'.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Alright, how about this.

A Chinese company builds an Android phone which looks like the iPhone, and the OS has been "themed" and looks like the iOS layout. This Chinese company has patented that phone design and screen layout and now vows to sue Apple if they try to release the iPhone 5 in China.

Chinese Company Used Leaked iPhone 5 Specs to Build Knockoff, Hopes to Sue Apple for Patent Infringement | Trending Now - Yahoo! News

That is pretty damn epic. I want one just for the name alone.

I like turtles
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Alright, how about this.

Wait, you mean MIUI?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Wait, you mean MIUI?

I couldn't say if it is MIUI or not, I didn't get a look at the OS. It's possible.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Wait, you mean MIUI?

That's exactly what I thought when I first read this story yesterday. We had a MIUI ROM for the original Inc like two years ago and I'm sure it existed well before that!
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

I used MIUI on my old Droid X. I liked it, but full functionality wasn't there at the time. TBH since upgrading to the Rezound I'm actually content with Sense and just simply cleaning up my home screens.

You know I'm also kind of interested in the fact that Samsung is still the supplier of the processor of the iPhone 5. Not sure if it's just the profitability of the deal that kept Samsung in it despite the recent lawsuit or what.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

It's way too laggy. Even their ICS build. Used it on the dinc for a day and couldn't stand how slow it was.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

Weird, I don't recall the GB version for the Droid X being laggy.

I really need to pick up Android programming for my own amusement. That... and making mods for Minecraft haha.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

I really need to pick up Android programming for my own amusement. That... and making mods for Minecraft haha.
    Could have been the dinc. It was certainly so on the GNEX though.

ROM
    Viper

I minecraft. I spent unholy amounts of time I'm that game when it was in alpha and beta. Not much sense release though...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

It's addicting. I'm currently playing SSP in hardcore mode with a couple of mods.

Millenaire adds a new style of NPC buildings, that offer quests, unique goods, expanding towns, and a basic economy system.
    Timber! allows you to chop down a whole tree buy breaking the bottom block. Axe required.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

HTC Patents Challenged by Apple Probably Valid, Judge Say - Businessweek

Apparently HTC is back in the mix of the patent wars.

Here's an off topic one: So my friend recently bought a Razr and extended his contract. Not even a month later he dropped and smashed it. Anyone think Verizon will let him buy another at the discounted price since he's paying for service and doesn't even have a phone now? He's considering the Rezound due to the price drop.

ROM
    Verizon Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Sethoth View Post
    Here's an off topic one: So my friend recently bought a Razr and extended his contract. Not even a month later he dropped and smashed it. Anyone think Verizon will let him buy another at the discounted price since he's paying for service and doesn't even have a phone now? He's considering the Rezound due to the price drop.
    Did he get the insurance?? If not then I suggest calling VZW and asking very politely for another phone at the discounted price especially considering the time frame :-) They are usually pretty cool about requests. If the first VZW rep gives you trouble then try and try again and also ask to speak to someone with more authority if necessary.

I highly recommend the Rezound over any phone at the moment
    -We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children.

Global Posts
    10,566 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Love these off topic threads...do I need a rezound? My daughter thinks minecraft is the best game ever. She has played all the "high graphic" games too. What a cool kid.
    android4life007 likes this.

ROM
    Verizon Stock ICS

What do you guys think of the new Android Central look? Its going to take a bit for me to get used to but I like it IMHO the way Android Central looks and feels is superior to other forums by far.
    Last edited by android4life007; 09-10-2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Typo
    -We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children.

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Beanstalk with Hells-Core

Quote Originally Posted by android4life007 View Post
    What do you guys think of the new Android Central look? Its going to take a bit for me to get used to but I like it IMHO the way Android Central looks and feels is far superior to other forums by far.
    I like it a lot, the appearance is nicer than most other forums... I am sure I do not use it to anywhere near it's full potential though, time to clicking around and see what I can figure out.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by android4life007 View Post
    What do you guys think of the new Android Central look? Its going to take a bit for me to get used to but I like it IMHO the way Android Central looks and feels is far superior to other forums by far.
    Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    I like it a lot, the appearance is nicer than most other forums... I am sure I do not use it to anywhere near it's full potential though, time to clicking around and see what I can figure out.
    Looks good so far. I think what I like the most is that AC keeps working on improving their forums.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

You guys read this one yet?

Apple Patent Would Disable Smartphones by Location [VIDEO] - Yahoo! News

Ugh, I can't stand the thought of anyone being able to shut down my mobile phone. I'm a responsible adult who is capable of operating my phone - or choosing NOT to operate my phone - as needed. Allowing a manufacturer or location operator to shut down my phone on my behalf ... O hell no. lol.

ROM
    Verizon Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    You guys read this one yet?

Apple Patent Would Disable Smartphones by Location [VIDEO] - Yahoo! News

Ugh, I can't stand the thought of anyone being able to shut down my mobile phone. I'm a responsible adult who is capable of operating my phone - or choosing NOT to operate my phone - as needed. Allowing a manufacturer or location operator to shut down my phone on my behalf ... O hell no. lol.
    How hard would it be for someone to abuse or accidentally mess up this proposed Apple Smartphone Disabling System? I can already see something catastrophic happening and this being banned forever.
    I never cared for Apple or any Apple products in the first place but now I REALLY DON'T LIKE THEM to say the least. Making Samsung pay $1Billion just means that people lose jobs and we the consumers may end up paying for it by having to pay more for Samsung products in the future. And now they are targeting other companies as well?.....If you ask me that's the last thing the world needs right now.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast