• 6 Post By dplane
  • 3 Post By tarnak
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Default Rezound still highest ppi display on the market

From Iphone 5 presser:

"it's a 326ppi Retina display, 4-inches. 1136 x 640 resolution. Same width, but taller"

Vs our very own Rez:

342ppi. 4.3-inches1280720 resolution

Sorry, for some reason I get a tad of enjoyment out of that, even though it might be a tad of fanboy-ism ;-)

Default Re: Rezound still highest ppi display on the market

I figured it was not going to be a very impressive phone, Apple just cant create something that just jumps out like you get with new Android phones, you will always see at least one model that is a step or three above the last model, its a benefit you get using multiple developers rather then just one like Apple.

I laughed a bit when I noticed that the iPhone 5 won't even have an HD screen. Apple always brags about having the best screen experience. Going with less than HD in this day & age is un-freaking-believable.

The camera will have a Panorama mode now ... welcome to last year, Apple users. In , Panorama only worked in portrait view -- I hope that was just an error on part of the demonstrator.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)

I've never been that impressed by the iPhone. I'm happy to see that they are going LTE. It's about time.

I love the Rezound and plan to stay with it for a long time or until Advanced LTE comes out.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

There is no reason why they need to do a hd display for 4". The display on the iPhone is very good. Spec wise, the rezound has a higher pixel density but from actual usage, i could not tell the difference. The iPhone also has a brighter display, which is apparent in direct sunlight. The rezound isn't bad by any means, not like the gs3 in direct sunlight, just not as bright as the razr or iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    I laughed a bit when I noticed that the iPhone 5 won't even have an HD screen. Apple always brags about having the best screen experience. Going with less than HD in this day & age is un-freaking-believable.

The camera will have a Panorama mode now ... welcome to last year, Apple users. In , Panorama only worked in portrait view -- I hope that was just an error on part of the demonstrator.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    There is no reason why they need to do a hd display for 4". The display on the iPhone is very good. Spec wise, the rezound has a higher pixel density but from actual usage, i could not tell the difference. The iPhone also has a brighter display, which is apparent in direct sunlight. The rezound isn't bad by any means, not like the gs3 in direct sunlight, just not as bright as the razr or iPhone.
    I'm under the impression that video & other visual media fit better on an HD display.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Lovin' My Phone

Yes ... and people will still buy into the iPhone hype.

My brother got the iPhone 4 a few months ago and put a screen protector on it. You can't even see the colors clearly. My niece has one without the screen protector. You can see the colors better but no match for the Rez.
    ~Janet~

I'm under the impression that video & other visual media fit better on an HD display.
    "HD display" simply refers to 1280 x 720 (typically). You could have a 50" hdtv with the same resolution as a 4.3" smartphone. At the same viewing distances, the 4.3" smartphone would look way sharper. Obviously, you aren't going to watch a hdtv 1' from the screen. But with that said, let's say that the iPhone had the same resolution on a 2" screen. it would still not have a HD display, yet, it's pixel density would substantially exceed that of a 4.3" HD display phone. Now, my GS3 also has a HD display, but I can tell you that for me, the Rezound display is substantially better. Not just the 4.8" vs. 4.3", but the Super AMOLED is different than the SLCD which is different than the IPS dispay. Some people prefer one over the others.

With regard to fitment, both the Rezound and iPhone 5 have the same aspect ratio of 16:9, so there is no difference there. Of course, a 4" screen is smaller than a 4.3" screen, but in terms of fitment, it is the same. The previous generation iPhones had a 3:2 ar, again, some prefer 3:2, some prefer 16:9, and some prefer 4:3. I took a look at a 4:3 display and compared it to a similar diagonal sized display and the 4:3 is way larger.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock
    Thanked by:
    TBolt 

I wasn't sure what aspect ratio the iPhone had. Still, it's not a superior device, imho.

The 5 is now backordered. Preorders quickly went to 2 week delivery delay and then, check with us later. Wildly popular and it just has a bigger screen. An evolving dinosaur.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I completely agree with you. Personally, there are things that I don't like about the iPhone and would never get one myself, but the display just isn't one of them, well other than the size. But I don't have a problem with its ar or with its pixel density.
    I wasn't sure what aspect ratio the iPhone had. Still, it's not a superior device, imho.

TBolt likes this.

btw, the days of the Rezound being the highest ppi may be numbered. still, it held the crown for quite a while, especially considering how fast smartphones change.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    btw, the days of the Rezound being the highest ppi may be numbered. still, it held the crown for quite a while, especially considering how fast smartphones change.

Heard about it on Droid-Life's Google+ stream. NOT liking the fact that yet another HTC phone is lacking a removable battery. If the phone isn't designed to hold a huge battery while still remaining slim, ala Razr MAXX, I can imagine a lot of buyer's remorse once those folks start recharging by 1:30pm.

yeah, i am not liking htc's trend of non-removable battery. hox really has no excuse...small non-removable battery. gn2 is supposed to have a 3100mah removable battery, if it comes to verizon, then imo, that would be the phablet to get.

Heard about it on Droid-Life's Google+ stream. NOT liking the fact that yet another HTC phone is lacking a removable battery. If the phone isn't designed to hold a huge battery while still remaining slim, ala Razr MAXX, I can imagine a lot of buyer's remorse once those folks start recharging by 1:30pm.

i actually was googling highest ppi android phone 2011 (i was expecting an answer from pre-rezound). i was wondering what the stepping stone between WVGA and 720p was. it was the atrix with qHD. anyway, that oppo looks really nice but alot of phones dont achieve popularity in europe and america, where the roms(fun) is developed. no popularity=no roms=no tweaks=no fun for me