Question about Flash app

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not that up on the fine details of all of what the flash player is or was needed for on the phone aside from videos. Now that it has been removed, has anything been added to take its place or is it using its sync to the pc to use its functions?? And would reinstalling it from my app history hurt or slow anything down if put back. I'm still learning some of this

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure I understand your question... Flash has nothing to do with watching videos NATIVELY on the phone, only some video site and Flash-based websites online (but the support in the stock browser for Flash is gone too). Flash also has nothing to do with Sync to PC functionality. So my question is, what are you hoping to accomplish by installing Adobe Flash Player?

BJsDroid

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I am a member of a website called GodVine. I love the site, bit after updating to ics, I can,t watch the videos any longer, because the the site requires flash player. is there any app that I can download, that will allow me to watch the videos from the godvine site. Thanks so much.

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to accomplish anything by having it on the phone. As I stated in the post, I am not an expert when it comes to exactly what flash is used for besides some sites that do say they require flash to view...... My question was basically what all does it or did it use and is it something that will be noticeably missed or is it something that adobe is phasing out all together and just starting with phones?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, Flash is dying... HTML5 is taking over and many sites have changed to it or something else already for mobile users, for the most part all Flash is needed for anymore is a lot of web-based games and some sites use it for their video player. Flash will likely remain for some time in desktop PCs, but with Apple and Google completely shunning it and no version of Flash Player available for Blackberry or Windows Phone, I am fairly certain most people do not need it anymore and those that do have a need for it probably won't for very long.

Basically, if you don't have a specific need for need for it, you probably really don't have a need for it at all on a mobile device.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Flash is dying but far from dead. Adobe's assertion to remove the flash player from the market(which was later reversed) is inane. If people still use it, continue to offer it. I view 3 sites a week (all video) that require flash. Two of which I view daily, and the exclusion of flash on mobile would make it impossible for me to do so during work...you know when I should be watching "The Late Late Show" or my 10 minutes of gaming related videos.

Can someone see if Flash re-appeared in the Market for a stock Rezound?

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Flash is dying but far from dead. Adobe's assertion to remove the flash player from the market(which was later reversed) is inane. If people still use it, continue to offer it. I view 3 sites a week (all video) that require flash. Two of which I view daily, and the exclusion of flash on mobile would make it impossible for me to do so during work...you know when I should be watching "The Late Late Show" or my 10 minutes of gaming related videos.

Can someone see if Flash re-appeared in the Market for a stock Rezound?
My understanding is the Flash will be available in the market for phones that came with Flash and are running Android versions 4 and earlier. Flash is not supported on new devices and on Jelly Bean. Currently there are ways to get Flash to run on 4.1. How long these options will work will depend on how quickly the hardware changes. Adobe is not offering any support for Flash so any new hardware coming out may not work with Flash.

If you want to use sites that require Flash on the Rezound make sure you use a Flash compatible browser - the stock browser and Chrome do not support Flash.

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. I saw it on my list of apps of past phones and my current. I looked at my adobe reader and the little data it held is gone. Are they dropping that too soon? It was odd because my fiance's rezound never lost flash. The app didnt need to be put back. Sorry but I have one more and I'm done. I tried reading up but cant find anything. Is the chrome browser not using flash anymore either because its running horrible and I am seeing more and more people saying the same on other forums. lagging or sometimes wont even load a page. mines been crashing more and more as well which never was an issue. Thanks again. I really appreciate the help.

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I had to jump through some hoops, butgot flash back on my rezound. At least now I can go and watch all 375 episodes of bleach again....hmm, wonder why I constantly use 5 + gigs of data a month??? :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance