Messaging glitch thats driving me mad

D3r3k1987

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
This doesn't happen every message, but enough to get me piss me off! Ill be typing and want to put an exclamation mark at the end of a sentence and the pointer will automatically point and replace a letter in a word that i didnt even click on! EX- get me outta here! .. WHAT IT DOES- Ge! me outta here .. Anyone got a fix or have a similar problem? It will also do it with letters to and even if i notice before, and click back to the word im typing, it will jump straight back to a different word??

And..

Sometimes when I am typing a message a popup will appear, and since im typing pretty quickly or not payin 100% attention to what Im typing, itll pull up a screen where I am saving my message to the SIM? I know im not hitting anything else on the keyboard, but it just does it randomly.

Ive already cleared my cache (usually do it once a day) and im not a big fan of other keyboards? Any ideas? Thanks for the help guys.

dstrakele

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I believe it is an ICS text editing bug with the stock keyboard that spans all applications. I find it occurs most often when typing on the right side of a text box where the left side is out of the field of view. So it will be less frequent in landscape mode.

I've done an hboot Factory Reset that had no effect on this issue. I work around it by trying to place the cursor exactly at the edit point rather than dragging it there. But more often, I long tap on the entire word to replace it.

I've just installed SwiftKey, but it looks like it may be a Sense 3:5 issue. I notice the magnified text box that allows you to position the cursor contains no text, just as with the stock keyboard. I do see improvement in the original issue described by the OP, however.

Last edited:

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Try going into settings, language & keyboard, and adjust pointer speed. Your typing maybe too fast... I seem to remember there was a setting on my droid incredible that would make adjustments to how your finger strikes would be interpreted (mspl) ...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech