Tethered Asus transformer to rezound (not rooted)

brzelt

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Howdy,

Just a quick report to say that these two apps have worked great in order to get the tablet up and on the web. Thanks to all the forums/members for the information and attempts.

My rezound has the new ICS updated and is not rooted. Being my main work phone for my business the idea of really screwing up the phone was my main reason for not rooting. Plus I am a dweeb when it comes to electronics.....

Rezound use Foxfi from the play store.
Asus Transformer tablet use PDAnet Tablet (the developer makes special mention that it will not work on the transformer.... but it did!)

****Edited later. I was too quick to judge.... It turns out that a lot of apps do not see the connection and are in the constant update mode. Most of these are the
weather apps and desktop information apps. At least the browsers work.... I will see how this works out...

Bruce

Last edited:

hummingbird314

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Bruce let me know what you find out. I'm trying to do the same thing with my Rezound and Asus Infinity tablet. I couldn't get the browser to work. Which one are you using?

Teresa

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I use both apps to tether my resound to my Acer a500. You need to use Bluetooth mode but it does work. Speeds I have seen go up to 2mb. Some apps may not work HBO go, Netflix, etc. I think YouTube works and sling box if I remember.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums