Can I download maps on a basic phone?
Hope the mods don't get mad since I am off topic, but my fellow Rezounders are the smartest, so I need to ask you all.
One of my family members wants latitude but does not want a smartphone right now. Is it possible to use maps and latitude on a basic phone?~Janet~
- 09-17-2012, 05:47 PM #2
- 408 Posts
- Stock until 4.0.4 hits
- 09-17-2012, 07:20 PM #3
-We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children.
- 140 Posts
- Verizon Stock ICS
- 09-17-2012, 11:52 PM #5
- 603 Posts
- Stock OTA and Global RUU
Re: Can I download maps on a basic phone?
Actually, you are probably better off to use VZ Navigator or Mapquest Mobile that is designed for the phone, they gave a monthly cost involved but are designed to work with the phone and can be downloaded from the (gulp!) Verizon App Store... I tried several different web-based navigation sites with my phones prior to getting a smart phone, and most of them couldn't share their location, so it was pretty useless for navigation, but either of the two above work pretty good.
- 09-18-2012, 03:11 PM #7
- By akkaash in forum Market HelpReplies: 0Last Post: 07-24-2012, 10:06 AM
- By akkaash in forum IntroductionsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-24-2012, 09:39 AM
- By Guttatripp59 in forum Sprint PhotonReplies: 2Last Post: 06-22-2012, 11:27 AM
- By blaksheepno1 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 07-07-2011, 09:55 PM
- By bytesize in forum HTC HeroReplies: 1Last Post: 05-19-2011, 08:26 AM