Getjar themes now getting pop up ads?

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
OK this is making me crazy. I loaded a couple of apps to get coins to load a lame Getjar gosmspro theme.

Ever since then I now get advertisements pop up on my phone randomly. I can't stand it. How can I get rid of them? Nothing in running applications that I can kill......

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

bserey

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Get the app called addons detector, run it and get rid of the app it says is using push adds. I use it and it works very effectively for me.

Bryon

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Awesome that worked. Found out it was Pyramid Run that my daughter installed. Uninstall! !!!!!!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Awesome that worked. Found out it was Pyramid Run that my daughter installed. Uninstall! !!!!!!

I am going to be working on my mom's phone this weekend. I may do a factory reset, but at the very least I will be running Air Push Detector and getting rid of all the apps she has that are pushing out ads.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Ran in to a similar problem on my Xoom... inane "summer jobs available" and "lose tummy fat" ads were showing up in the pop-up menu bar. The confusing part was that no apps had been added lately. Turns out an old free live wallpaper app was recently updated and "enriched" with these ads. Took about 3 weeks to track down as Air Push Detector wasn't finding any rogue apps -- but it did work nicely on my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol