Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By mikeytg1024
  • 1 Post By jkslater3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock ICS

Default New Google Maps Problem? (v6.12.0)

So after the recent Google Maps update debacle I have learned my lesson and check reviews before updating apps I rely on regularly. I just checked the reviews by other Rezound users for v6.12.0 - that came out today (September 19th) and found a couple of complaints about forced resetting issues. Has anybody else encountered this? I love me some new Google Maps, but not at the expense of reliability. Discuss...

Default Re: New Google Maps Problem? (v6.12.0)

I actually opended the map app unintentionally and no problem. Only time I encountered a problem like your was an update two versions back.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock ICS

Thanks, that was the problem I was referring to. I just want to make sure this isn't a repeat of v6.10.0

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

I am pretty sure if this was a wide spread issue, it would be all over the major forums and I have seen no such postings other than this one... maybe most users who frequent the various forums are just being more cautious and waiting for others to update first, or more likely there isn't a wide spread issue. That being said, I haven't even seen a notification that an update was available yet (just checked manually though, and it is there).

Also, if you look at most of those reviews by Rezound owners, most have 5 Stars even though they might say "Causes reboots", my guess is that some people updated the rating but not the actual review text part.

Got the update, and, I can report with very light usage - no problems.
    Lovin' My Phone

Well, the one thing I did notice is that the Latitude icon is gone off my home page and missing from the app drawer. I can get to it through Maps, but I enjoyed having its own icon as I use Latitude a lot.

I don't know why developlers remove features that users enjoy.
    ~Janet~

Hey, no matter what Google maps are better than Apple maps. Tee-hee.
    VidJunky and jkslater3 like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Stock ICS

Apple Maps: "Designed by Apple in California, but definitely made in China."
    android jack likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    Stock ICS

Bahaha, Apple can't even find its own Maps page - clicking on gets you a big "page not found."

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by jkslater3 View Post
    Bahaha, Apple can't even find its own Maps page - clicking on gets you a big "page not found."
    Yeah, that's an internet "hoax" joke... it actually isn't the correct URL, it can find the correct one: but that is about it.

Why change from Google who is actively out in the field mapping locations, they even had one of their cars run down one of our dead end alleys. Another move by Apple to be the controller of everything the Iphoners need I with a sub par system I guess.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by tarnak View Post
    Why change from Google who is actively out in the field mapping locations, they even had one of their cars run down one of our dead end alleys. Another move by Apple to be the controller of everything the Iphoners need I with a sub par system I guess.
    Why? Because they hate each other, but no matter how much either of them dislike each other, they are tied to each other in some aspects due to users. Apple is just trying to break as many ties to Google as possible, expect to see more of this in the future.
    Last edited by acejavelin; 09-24-2012 at 10:38 PM.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

Quote Originally Posted by Solutions Etcetera View Post
    Can't really blame them, can you?

Steve brings Bill in to look at his baby (the Mac) to create Word and Multiplan, months later Windows is announced but doesn't ship for two years.

Steve brings in Larry in to look at his baby (iPhone) for Maps, etc., soon after Andy is made an offer he couldn't refuse and Google debuts Android a year after the iPhone.

Whatever the closed door details were… you gotta admit those timelines are crazy!
    The Iphone is also 2/3rds of Apples income now, so there is some major incentive right there. They have become way to dependent on the phone now rather then on their other products.

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Has anyone had any problems with the latest version of Google maps? I haven't updated yet because I read in the reviews of other Rezound owners that the the update is causing their phones to reboot like it did a couple of versions ago.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    Has anyone had any problems with the latest version of Google maps? I haven't updated yet because I read in the reviews of other Rezound owners that the the update is causing their phones to reboot like it did a couple of versions ago.

No problems, works fine... I use it everyday.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

I have been havinng issues since the last update. As of12/20/12 it has been force closing every time I use navigation

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    No problems, works fine... I use it everyday.
    We're talking about version 6.14.2 correct?

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    We're talking about version 6.14.2 correct?

Correct... version 6.14.2

My part time job is delivering pizza, I use Maps & Navigation every night I work, have had no issues at all with this version.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Correct... version 6.14.2

My part time job is delivering pizza, I use Maps & Navigation every night I work, have had no issues at all with this version.
    Good to know, thanks for the reply.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by crowrb29 View Post
    I have been havinng issues since the last update. As of12/20/12 it has been force closing every time I use navigation

Did you uninstall the last update, yet?

Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)

I haven't really had an opportunity to use it

Go to settings in navigation and uncheck dim screen and it should work our just fine. It fixed the problem for me

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums