New Google Maps Problem? (v6.12.0)

jkslater3

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
So after the recent Google Maps update debacle I have learned my lesson and check reviews before updating apps I rely on regularly. I just checked the reviews by other Rezound users for v6.12.0 - that came out today (September 19[SUP]th[/SUP]) and found a couple of complaints about forced resetting issues. Has anybody else encountered this? I love me some new Google Maps, but not at the expense of reliability. Discuss...

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I actually opended the map app unintentionally and no problem. Only time I encountered a problem like your was an update two versions back.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty sure if this was a wide spread issue, it would be all over the major forums and I have seen no such postings other than this one... maybe most users who frequent the various forums are just being more cautious and waiting for others to update first, or more likely there isn't a wide spread issue. That being said, I haven't even seen a notification that an update was available yet (just checked manually though, and it is there).

Also, if you look at most of those reviews by Rezound owners, most have 5 Stars even though they might say "Causes reboots", my guess is that some people updated the rating but not the actual review text part.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, the one thing I did notice is that the Latitude icon is gone off my home page and missing from the app drawer. I can get to it through Maps, but I enjoyed having its own icon as I use Latitude a lot.

I don't know why developlers remove features that users enjoy.

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Why change from Google who is actively out in the field mapping locations, they even had one of their cars run down one of our dead end alleys. Another move by Apple to be the controller of everything the Iphoners need I with a sub par system I guess.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Why change from Google who is actively out in the field mapping locations, they even had one of their cars run down one of our dead end alleys. Another move by Apple to be the controller of everything the Iphoners need I with a sub par system I guess.
Why? Because they hate each other, but no matter how much either of them dislike each other, they are tied to each other in some aspects due to users. Apple is just trying to break as many ties to Google as possible, expect to see more of this in the future.

Last edited:

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Can't really blame them, can you?

Steve brings Bill in to look at his baby (the Mac) to create Word and Multiplan, months later Windows is announced but doesn't ship for two years.

Steve brings in Larry in to look at his baby (iPhone) for Maps, etc., soon after Andy is made an offer he couldn't refuse and Google debuts Android a year after the iPhone.

Whatever the closed door details were… you gotta admit those timelines are crazy!

The Iphone is also 2/3rds of Apples income now, so there is some major incentive right there. They have become way to dependent on the phone now rather then on their other products.

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had any problems with the latest version of Google maps? I haven't updated yet because I read in the reviews of other Rezound owners that the the update is causing their phones to reboot like it did a couple of versions ago.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had any problems with the latest version of Google maps? I haven't updated yet because I read in the reviews of other Rezound owners that the the update is causing their phones to reboot like it did a couple of versions ago.

No problems, works fine... I use it everyday.

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been havinng issues since the last update. As of12/20/12 it has been force closing every time I use navigation

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
We're talking about version 6.14.2 correct?

Correct... version 6.14.2

My part time job is delivering pizza, I use Maps & Navigation every night I work, have had no issues at all with this version.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I have been havinng issues since the last update. As of12/20/12 it has been force closing every time I use navigation

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Did you uninstall the last update, yet?