Hboot Stuck! Need help please

tutle04

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I just turned my phone on and it went straight to hboot. ive tried to select factory reset just to clean everything up. But when i press the power button, nothing happens. Im not sure why but it wont select any of the options listed.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Do the volume keys work to go up and down? Not sure, other that pull the batter all the way and wait a couple minutes, see what happens.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Pull the battery, and the SIM card and let it sit a good hour, then reinsert both and power up... but my guess is that a hard button (volume or power) is stuck, shorted out, or just went bad. Try cleaning around the buttons with a cotton swap and some 90%+ Isopropyl rubbing alcohol, get it down in there good and push the buttons around with the battery pulled and back cover off. If nothing works you might just need to get a replacement from Big Red.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I just turned my phone on and it went straight to hboot. ive tried to select factory reset just to clean everything up. But when i press the power button, nothing happens. Im not sure why but it wont select any of the options listed.

You didn't happen to relock your phone did you? I've seen similar happen when someone relocks and tries to run without loading an RUU or replacing AmonRa with stock recovery.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
thanks alot, it was the volume down button that was stuck. but now it just boots in safemode constantly =[
This still sounds like a volume button issue, Safe Mode on the Rezound is achieved by holding down the VOL DN at boot until Safe Mode appears in the display.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad