Laggy phone

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I recently had an issue with my rezound so Verizon is sending me a replacement. My issue now is I am using the first incredible which is only a 1gz phone and it seems faster and smoother than my dual core rezound. Not sure how that makes sense but it happens. Why is the rezound laggy compared to other phone that are the same power or less. Did I just have a bad phone for the last 8 months or do they all get like that? Like scrolling thru screens and pulling down the notification bar are not as smooth as most android phones I have used. I know only one core is used until it needs the second one but one core is pretty powerful.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
My Stock Rezound used to be laggy too, but then I did a factory reset and changed my Live Wallpaper to a static image. It now runs very smooth.
I believe Live Wallpapers are the culprit for most lag when scrolling through screens and pulling down notification bar etc.
It did the trick for me :)

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I hear you on the live wallpaper but it still seems laggy compared to other android phones I have used. I bought a HTC because I have used others and always like how smooth and responsive they are and this phone doesn't seem to be like that.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I hear you on the live wallpaper but it still seems laggy compared to other android phones I have used. I bought a HTC because I have used others and always like how smooth and responsive they are and this phone doesn't seem to be like that.

The Rezound is generally buttery smooth... Have you done a factory reset? If the phone is that laggy there is some app(s) that behaving poorly and bogging it down or the device is defective, either way a factory reset will let you know, it will either clear the problem (app issue) or it will continue (phone bad-get replacement).

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
That's odd unless you are still running GB instead of ICS... GB never harnessed the power of the phone -- should be rather zippy if you're on ICS... factory reset would be the first place to start. How about app space? I've seen devices act up when internal & external memory gets maxed.

tiberius72

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
My Rez is laggy as well. I am on stock and thinking doing the RUU global phone update.

Should I reset first or after I update?

If VZW do push the update will I still see it?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My Rez is laggy as well. I am on stock and thinking doing the RUU global phone update.

Should I reset first or after I update?

If VZW do push the update will I still see it?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Not sure how many times we need to say this... when nothing else seems to fix a problem, before you go crazy...

F A C T O R Y R E S E T

first and see if the problems still exist, if they do then the most likely cause is bad hardware, if they go away it was a configuration or application issue.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset and it still is laggy. The Droid incredible I have been using runs smoother than my rezound

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I did a factory reset and it still is laggy. The Droid incredible I have been using runs smoother than my rezound

Hmm... very odd. Lag, especially on a fresh Rezound is very unusual. And it did this before you loaded any applications, changed wallpapers, restored contacts, setup Exchange email, etc? Is there anything people would consider "unusual" about your setup like you have 4000+ contacts, or you restored 10,000 SMS messages, or something like that?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If a clean Rezound is laggy, I would manually install official RUU (actually, of it was me, I would install the global mode RUU) and of that fails, get a CLNR from Verizon.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums