Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen doesn't dim during calls

Recently my rezound's screen isn't going black during calls when i bring the phone to my ear. This is causing me to accidentally touch the screen during call. I currently have no screen protector and no case on my phone. Any suggestions on what the problem might be?

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Default Re: Screen doesn't dim during calls

Its a calibration issue. If you're rooted there's an easy app to fix it. Check the ROMS and mods thread of this forum and it's up at the top.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Factory Reset... if the problem continues it is likely a problem with the proximity sensor and the phone will need to be replaced.

This is the opposite problem people have where the screen blanks and won't come back when you move the phone away from your head, the proximity sensor never detects it is close to anything, this is typically a bad sensor and not screen protector, case, dust, dirt, smudge type issue.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Stock Lollipop with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

I had this problem with my last Rezound. It was a problem with the proximity sensor and the phone was replaced. Now this one stays blank when I pull it away from my ear.

Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Quote Originally Posted by mtz6 View Post
    I had this problem with my last Rezound. It was a problem with the proximity sensor and the phone was replaced. Now this one stays blank when I pull it away from my ear.
    Seems like I have been answering this one a lot lately... Check for smudges/dirt over the proximity sensor, some screen protectors and cases cause this, and dirt can get over the sensor under the glass from the handset (try compressed air to get it out). All those things check out, factory default and if it still occurs, time for another CLNR.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Stock Lollipop with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P