Rezound versus iPhone ... Rezound let's YOU be in charge!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
What is with Apple? You can't transfer your existing Verizon voicemail if you go to an iPhone without jumping through all kinds of hoops? Oh my goodness. Apple's smugness alone would keep me from ever buying another Apple product. I bought an ipod once to work with my car stereo and even the ipod wanted control. No thanks, Apple ... I've got a brain. I think I will use it. Don't need your help to think, make decisions or control my own life!! :-*

Saving Your Existing Voice Mail Before Activating iPhone?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It's just a damn expensive piece of fruit!

Bubba's Rezound

Mac products are very expensive and I am always puzzled by the person who buys the cheapest Windows PCs possible and then goes out and spends a small fortune on a Mac and comes back and says, "Wow ... it is so much better than a Windows PC."

Really??? These same people have never in their lives spent the kind of money on a Windows machine as a Mac and then wonder why there is such a difference.

Just as a comparison, I went to the Best Buy site and compared an iMac with a Sony All in One with a similar price tag of $1,200. The basic specs on the iMac were 21.5 inches, 4GB memory and 500 GB hard drive. The Sony was 24 inch touchscreen, 6 GB memory and 1 TB hard drive.

Now, I work with Macs at work and have for years. We have those Pro versions and I see nothing appealing about them whatsover. In fact, I get the hand-me-downs so my computer is about four years old. Do you know that it will not allow me to download and install Firefox? Seriously ... what is that?

I will never understand the Mac lure. In my opinion, and I am not saying they are not awesome and great products, but I really think they are overrated and a status symbol to many.

Do Macs Get Viruses? Apple Removes Boast That OS X 'Doesn't Get PC Viruses'

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree, same goes for android vs iPhone. I have heard several people boasting about how great their iPhone is compared to Android. Then upon asking further, they reveal that they had a low end android like an Optimus or Wildfire. They go on to say, they paid $200ish for their Android similar to the iPhone, except that the Android they got was prepaid. So to compare a prepaid android at $200 vs a retail $650 iPhone unsubsidized is not really an accurate comparison. This is like comparing a gs3 to an iPhone 3g.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I agree, same goes for android vs iPhone. I have heard several people boasting about how great their iPhone is compared to Android. Then upon asking further, they reveal that they had a low end android like an Optimus or Wildfire. They go on to say, they paid $200ish for their Android similar to the iPhone, except that the Android they got was prepaid. So to compare a prepaid android at $200 vs a retail $650 iPhone unsubsidized is not really an accurate comparison. This is like comparing a gs3 to an iPhone 3g.

You are absolutely correct and I have heard the same stories. My nephew tried telling me how stable the iPhone was compared to Android. I told him that I have a high end Android and I have never had any stability issues with my phone.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
You are absolutely correct and I have heard the same stories. My nephew tried telling me how stable the iPhone was compared to Android. I told him that I have a high end Android and I have never had any stability issues with my phone.

Don't let Verizon hear that you think the Rezound is a high end phone they might try to come over and brain wash you into getting a droid...

Whubblesbuddy

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
What is with Apple? You can't transfer your existing Verizon voicemail if you go to an iPhone without jumping through all kinds of hoops? Oh my goodness. Apple's smugness alone would keep me from ever buying another Apple product. I bought an ipod once to work with my car stereo and even the ipod wanted control. No thanks, Apple ... I've got a brain. I think I will use it. Don't need your help to think, make decisions or control my own life!! :-*

Saving Your Existing Voice Mail Before Activating iPhone?
Did you notice that on the Verizon page you linked, the procedure to save your existing voice mail is given only if you have the $3.00 per month feature "Visual Voicemail from Verizon. If you don't have it, you have to go to a link they provide, and a third party company will save your messages for you. And it costs: To save up to 10 messages as one mp3 file costs $10 for the first message, and $5 per message after that. So 10 messages will cost $ 55. The messages are not separated from each other, just run together (hence "one mp3 file,' above). If you want them separated, that costs an extra $3 per message. If you have more than 10 messages there are other options. For example if you want your messages saved to a USB stick the cost is a $10 base charge (no messages included in the base charge), and $10 per message. Thus 10 messages that way is $110, unless you want them separated, then it is $140. Jeez! Oh, it looks like there is no way to actually transfer your messages to your new voicemail system if you don't have Visual Voicemail (at $3/month).

As for iphones vs. low end Android phones, I still have my Droid Eris (by HTC), though my actual cell phone is my Rezound. The Eris was a wonderful smartphone, I'd take it over any apple phone any day. It never had problems, and it still works - I use it as a mini (ok, really micro) usb tablet these days.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
And now Apple had to admit it screwed up its Maps app. LOL!

Apple CEO Tim Cook apologizes for lousy iPhone Maps app - GadgetBox on NBCNews.com

---------- Post Merged at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Did you notice that on the Verizon page you linked, the procedure to save your existing voice mail is given only if you have the $3.00 per month feature "Visual Voicemail from Verizon. If you don't have it, you have to go to a link they provide, and a third party company will save your messages for you. And it costs: To save up to 10 messages as one mp3 file costs $10 for the first message, and $5 per message after that. So 10 messages will cost $ 55. The messages are not separated from each other, just run together (hence "one mp3 file,' above). If you want them separated, that costs an extra $3 per message. If you have more than 10 messages there are other options. For example if you want your messages saved to a USB stick the cost is a $10 base charge (no messages included in the base charge), and $10 per message. Thus 10 messages that way is $110, unless you want them separated, then it is $140. Jeez! Oh, it looks like there is no way to actually transfer your messages to your new voicemail system if you don't have Visual Voicemail (at $3/month).

As for iphones vs. low end Android phones, I still have my Droid Eris (by HTC), though my actual cell phone is my Rezound. The Eris was a wonderful smartphone, I'd take it over any apple phone any day. It never had problems, and it still works - I use it as a mini (ok, really micro) usb tablet these days.

Those costs for saving the voice mail is insane!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Google said no to apple. I would never own an apple product. Love every HTC I have had. I prefer windows. I have an HP laptop. My 2nd. My first was Gateway. My very firct PC was a desktop eMachine. I prefer laptop. I want a Sony next. My tablet is the awesome Samsung 10.1.
I just back back from Sprouts. Have organic gala apples for 99cents lb. The only apple I like is the one I eat

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Mac products are very expensive and I am always puzzled by the person who buys the cheapest Windows PCs possible and then goes out and spends a small fortune on a Mac and comes back and says, "Wow ... it is so much better than a Windows PC."

Really??? These same people have never in their lives spent the kind of money on a Windows machine as a Mac and then wonder why there is such a difference.

Just as a comparison, I went to the Best Buy site and compared an iMac with a Sony All in One with a similar price tag of $1,200. The basic specs on the iMac were 21.5 inches, 4GB memory and 500 GB hard drive. The Sony was 24 inch touchscreen, 6 GB memory and 1 TB hard drive.

Now, I work with Macs at work and have for years. We have those Pro versions and I see nothing appealing about them whatsover. In fact, I get the hand-me-downs so my computer is about four years old. Do you know that it will not allow me to download and install Firefox? Seriously ... what is that?

I will never understand the Mac lure. In my opinion, and I am not saying they are not awesome and great products, but I really think they are overrated and a status symbol to many.

Do Macs Get Viruses? Apple Removes Boast That OS X 'Doesn't Get PC Viruses'

If youvpaybthe same for a windows machine as for a Mac you will have a significantly better spec for spec. A 450-650$ windows notebook has specs not far behind a 1.5-2k MacBook pro.

Most people who buy Macs do it for looks or because they want OSX. You have to buy their hardware to run their OS (legally).

Too bad Linux has bad UI compared to Win and OSX and terrible backward/forward compatibility and driver support. It could have been a nice alternative.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
If youvpaybthe same for a windows machine as for a Mac you will have a significantly better spec for spec. A 450-650$ windows notebook has specs not far behind a 1.5-2k MacBook pro.

Most people who buy Macs do it for looks or because they want OSX. You have to buy their hardware to run their OS (legally).

Too bad Linux has bad UI compared to Win and OSX and terrible backward/forward compatibility and driver support. It could have been a nice alternative.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I would have to agree, I got a Sony laptop from Bestbuy for $620, it came with really great hardware specs compared to the more expensive Apple ones I was looking at, I do like the build quality of most Apple laptops, but you just cant beat the Sony ones for what you get for the price. Its an amazing laptop. And when you can have your IT department add additional hardware to further improve it, its even better :)

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, I made the jump from the Rezound to an iPhone 5 64gb. There are certain things I miss about android. The Rezound was a great phone, but in the end the iPhone looked to be better for my current wants and needs. The iPhone is most assuredly not a better phone, just what I want right now. My wife is still on android as are my soon to be bought tablets.

Anyway, had a question for you fine Rezound folks... Have any of you noticed a drop in your LTE speeds since the iPhone 5 was released?

My Rezound always hit in the 30-40mbps download speed with highs in the low 50's. I traded off my Rezound and went with an iPhone 4 for a few months until the Five came out. I preordered mine and had it on release day. Since activating it I cannot seem to get LTE speeds anywhere near where I used to see them. I was just wondering if any of you are experiencing the same, or if it is just my phone.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, I made the jump from the Rezound to an iPhone 5 64gb. There are certain things I miss about android. The Rezound was a great phone, but in the end the iPhone looked to better for my current wants and needs. The iPhone is most assuredly not a better phone, just what I want right now. My wife is still on android as are my soon to be bought tablets.

Anyway, had a question for you fine Rezound folks... Have any of you noticed a drop in your LTE speeds since the iPhone 5 was released?

My Rezound always hit in the 30-40mbps download speed with highs in the low 50's. I traded off my Rezound and went with an iPhone 4 for a few months until the Five came out. I preordered mine and had it on release day. Since activating it I cannot seem to get LTE speeds anywhere near where I used to see them. I was just wondering if any of you are experiencing the same, or if it is just my phone.

Thanks!

No problem here. Well at least I will say that in NH. My phone is lighting fast on LTE. BTW I own some apple products and honestly they both have there plus and minus. I like them both. It all comes down to what you like.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Let me add that yesterday I went into a corporate store to buy a few Lightning cables (sure not cheap!) and asked the gal there if she had noticed the drop. She said I was the first to say anything like that and tried to get one of the iPads to hook up to speedtest, but could not even get it to switch to 4g LTE. It would only pick up 3G. This was an area where my Rezound had easily clocked 50mbps before. This store is in Lexington, KY.

I can also see a big difference in servers. If I choose Lexington, my speeds are around 4-7mbps whereas if I switch to Cincinnati, they jump to upper teens. Regardless, I cannot get into the twentys, let alone back up in the 30's or 40's.

I ask here rather than an iPhone forum because I want a direct comparison to my old Rezound.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
in my building at work which has been just horrible for 4g speeds (but not signal) i have normally gotten 3-4 mbps (my building also has high power lines running very close by. I decided to run a test today after reading your post and found out my speeds have gotten better i'm now in the 6-8 mbps in my building...I'd test at home but i can't right this second

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am in an area where on the Verizon coverage map, I am not even in the 4G extended network and less than a mile northwest of me I go out of 4G. I just got a download speed of 28289 and an upload speed of 5045, so, no, I am not experiencing any loss of speed.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
No change in speeds recently, still averaging around 35-40 Mbps down and 12-15 Mbps up on LTE with -64 dBm signal strength sitting in my living room.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You don't like Fuji? I bought some organic Fuji apples for 99 cents per lb. To me tastes similar to organic Gala.

Google said no to apple. I would never own an apple product. Love every HTC I have had. I prefer windows. I have an HP laptop. My 2nd. My first was Gateway. My very firct PC was a desktop eMachine. I prefer laptop. I want a Sony next. My tablet is the awesome Samsung 10.1.
I just back back from Sprouts. Have organic gala apples for 99cents lb. The only apple I like is the one I eat

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums