Google maps/navigation problem

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone experienced any issues with their navigation? It seems like every fourth or fifth time of selecting navigation, it just "searches" for gps. Nothing ever happens or works. The only way to correct this is to reset my phone. I'm currently on version 6.12.0 of google maps.

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Also, my location is not close to where I'm at!

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have not experienced this at all, have you gone into Settings-Location and verified Stand-alone GPS is enabled? If so, have you tried some other map or GPS tool like GPS Status to make sure it is working properly?

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
My stand alone gps is checked and my location seems to work I uninstalled the updates and re installed them. No change. Navigation doesn't work at all now!

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I called Verizon and once again, there seems to be a problem with google maps and this most recent update. She said the problem is being worked and hopefully there will be an update coming out soon. However........what concerns me is that I uninstalled version 6.12.0 and it went all the way back to version 6.3.0 and it still didn't work. Irritating!!

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
No. Nor do I want too. Lol. My phone has been operating great up until this past week when using google navigation.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
No. Nor do I want too. Lol. My phone has been operating great up until this past week when using google navigation.

Well then you have just tied our and Verizon Techs hands. as that is one of the first thing they will ask you to do... the Reason for the factory reset is that another program could be the culprit or could even the the OS and the only way to fix it would be to factory reset

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Well then you have just tied our and Verizon Techs hands. as that is one of the first thing they will ask you to do... the Reason for the factory reset is that another program could be the culprit or could even the the OS and the only way to fix it would be to factory reset
^^^ Indeed... this is the next logical step, a Factory Reset is the next step and should be performed after any OS update, especially major ones. period.

rainline

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
If you have multiple android devices you have to set the gps to street level on each device. Each android device synchronises with your gmail a/c.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz