Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 111.4 degrees after 2 vids.

Is 111.4 degrees a normal battery temp after:
    watching 1 45-second YouTube video,
    watching 1 3-minute ESPN video, which I accessed via the ESPN Scorecenter Video widget, and
    looking briefly at my Google+ stream?

Do battery temps actually vary depending on the launcher in use?

Doesn't seem like a normal temp for minor activity.

I recently switched from Sense to Nova Launcher just for kicks. Trying out the widgets for the first time.

Similar activity while using Sense did not seem to make the battery so warm.

Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMi-X)
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: 111.4 degrees after 2 vids.

105.4 degrees by the time I finished tapping out that first post. Warmer than I ever saw in Sense while using Tapatalk.

Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X

ROM
    Verizon Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    Is 111.4 degrees a normal battery temp after:
    watching 1 45-second YouTube video,
    watching 1 3-minute ESPN video, which I accessed via the ESPN Scorecenter Video widget, and
    looking briefly at my Google+ stream?

Do battery temps actually vary depending on the launcher in use?

Doesn't seem like a normal temp for minor activity.

I recently switched from Sense to Nova Launcher just for kicks. Trying out the widgets for the first time.

Similar activity while using Sense did not seem to make the battery so warm.
    That is extremely high for a phone. My Nexus 7 tablet gets about 90-100 degrees when being used alot but my Rezound never gets higher than 80 degrees under most activity levels. 114 degrees is way too high for such light usage. IMO you should definitely be concerned and continue to monitor your temp levels and try to figure out exactly what is happening and why.

---------- Post Merged at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:29 AM ----------

My average temp is 70-71 degrees and never really gets hotter than 74-78 under medium to high usage.
    -We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children.

That's actually a little above average. I hit that only while charging and tethering or playing a movie via mhl

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I'll keep watching the temps. After posting, my temp rose to only 103.3 while watching a 15 minute YouTube vid. Gotta figure out the real factors causing the problem.

Thanks.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

What firmware are you running Tbolt? The official ICS or the global mode RUU?

Generally the 4.3.605.2 firmware runs cooler, I definitely noticed it runs cooler, but I have seen temps around 110-115, after playing Angry Birds or Symphony of Eternity of extended periods of time. The Rez just seems to run warm when it's actually working at something and not doing the normal, mundane stuff.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
    Lovin' My Phone

My battery is 98.2 degrees right now. It is on the charger and I just ran netflix for about 10 minutes.It is also placed on a stand.
    ~Janet~

signal and ambient temp may make a big difference. i have seen near 130 deg F on my Rez. All 4 of them.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    What firmware are you running Tbolt? The official ICS or the global mode RUU?

Generally the 4.3.605.2 firmware runs cooler, I definitely noticed it runs cooler, but I have seen temps around 110-115, after playing Angry Birds or Symphony of Eternity of extended periods of time. The Rez just seems to run warm when it's actually working at something and not doing the normal, mundane stuff.
    I am running the global RUU. I honestly don't remember seeing (feeling) my battery get so warm on previous RUUs or on stock GB.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    signal and ambient temp may make a big difference. i have seen near 130 deg F on my Rez. All 4 of them.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock
    ouch -- that's hot. I wonder what the "normal" range is.

---------- Post Merged at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    My battery is 98.2 degrees right now. It is on the charger and I just ran netflix for about 10 minutes.It is also placed on a stand.
    That sounds like a safe temp level. Are you running the global RUU?

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

110 is fine, 140 is bad. Lithium batteries will be fine up to 150ish, but you dont want to get close to that. I think the heat is kernel/rom related, because some roms run cooler than others. Also, direct sunlight seems to heat it up, as well as covering the battery door with your hand. My first Rez would get so hot the battery would drain about 10% a minute, replacement, never over 120.
    Took the S4 update on purpose, so I could not mess with my phone.... so so so stupid.

ROM
    Verizon Stock ICS

The temps you guys are reporting seem to be much higher than mine. At idle it is always 70 degrees and rarely reaches the high 70's even when playing games, streaming YouTube etc. I am using the Laza extended battery 3200Mah. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Which Battery App are you guys using to get the temp? I'm using Battery HD.
    -We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I'm using the free version of Battery Indicator.

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Playing Asphalt 7 Heat for about 5-10 mins got my temps to 108.9 with an extended battery
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4

ROM
    Verizon Stock ICS

I'm using the free version of Battery Indicator.

I just downloaded Battery Indicator Free and it's saying that my battery is 21.4C which is around 70.5F. I think it may be my battery which is keeping it cooler than yours. I can't say for sure but it seems logical at this point. I recommend getting this beast of a battery if you become overly concerned about your temp or if problems develop.
    Also I highly recommend getting Battery HD Free App, it is waaaaay better than Battery Indicator, it gives you tons of useful info.

If you're interested the battery I have is the Laza Battery 3200Mah from Amazon $25. Good Luck Tbolt!

---------- Post Merged at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Playing Asphalt 7 Heat for about 5-10 mins got my temps to 108.9 with an extended battery
    Curious, what (Mah) size is your battery?
    Thanked by:
    TBolt 

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Quote Originally Posted by android4life007 View Post
    I just downloaded Battery Indicator Free and it's saying that my battery is 21.4C which is around 70.5F. I think it may be my battery which is keeping it cooler than yours. I can't say for sure but it seems logical at this point. I recommend getting this beast of a battery if you become overly concerned about your temp or if problems develop.
    Also I highly recommend getting Battery HD Free App, it is waaaaay better than Battery Indicator, it gives you tons of useful info.

If you're interested the battery I have is the Laza Battery 3200Mah from Amazon $25. Good Luck Tbolt!

---------- Post Merged at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Curious, what (Mah) size is your battery?
    2750 it's the one you can get from verizon for 30 (on sale)
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I have the 2750 HTC battery from Verizon, too.

Thanks ... I do like the HD Battery app more.

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Funny thing is that I was just tethering and charging and the battery only got to 97

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

woohoo got my temps to 122.8 playing plague inc

ROM
    Verizon Stock ICS

After constant usage (Angry Birds Space, Pandora, Web Browsing, You Tube) for 3 hours straight my battery is 71.4 degrees. I call that a win for this beast of a battery lol
    The new HTC OneX+ looks really awesome, don't like the non-replaceable battery though
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

wow. 122.8 - 130 degrees, as mentioned in this thread so far, sounds high but i guess it's to be expected.

at idle, my normal temp seems to be about 85 degrees - your 70 degrees is amazing, android4life.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

wow. 122.8 - 130 degrees, as mentioned in this thread so far, sounds high but i guess it's to be expected.

at idle, my normal temp seems to be about 85 degrees - your 70 degrees is amazing, android4life.
    People on XDA have reported battery temps as high as 141.6F-151.0F...

Personally, I don't think I have ever seen the temp go about 117F, and that was after extended periods of heavy gaming.

Basically, if I recall correctly, up to about 125F with heavy use is acceptable, the battery goes is considered "Overheated" at ~130F and the phone will shut-down in the 145F-152F range.

And you really should never charge your battery when it is over 100F, charging it at high temperatures can severely shorten the life and charge capacity of the battery.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
    Thanked by:
    TBolt 

ROM
    Verizon Stock ICS

111.4 degrees after 2 vids.-2012-10-05_22-39-43.png
    Here is a screen shot of my phone about half an hour ago at idle, it seriously doesn't get much hotter than that, maybe a degree or two hotter. I'm guessing it stays cool because of the size of my battery.

After I took the screen shot I connected my Rezound to my PC and I could not find the screenshot! I tried uploading to Skydrive and Google Drive and nothing happened? So I finally had to email the pic to myself, very annoying! Does anyone know if screenshots go to a different folder or something? Because all of the pictures and videos I take usually go to the same place on the SD card
    Last edited by android4life007; 10-06-2012 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Typo
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

All my screenshots go into sdcard/DCIM. They automatically upload to Google+ via the Instant Upload feature, fortunately.

Thanked by:
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

117.3 after a few races in Asphalt 7. Anyone notice the game dev enabled in-game purchasing and is selling points / whatever for $100? Who spends $100 to customize pixels on a phone game? lol.

ROM
    Verizon Stock ICS

117.3 after a few races in Asphalt 7. Anyone notice the game dev enabled in-game purchasing and is selling points / whatever for $100? Who spends $100 to customize pixels on a phone game? lol.
    Man some of these game devs are shady. My daughter was playing Clouds And Sheep and she spent $125 on my credit card just by tapping a few icons which were flashing with happy faces. I was soooooo pissed off lol Luckily I was able to get a refund by emailing the devs and google like 10 times each Some german dudes were giving me snark but they eventually gave me my money back.
    Apparently there is no refund policy for in game purchases at all so watch out! Protect all purchases with a password in the settings menu so you don't spend $100 on happy stars
    acejavelin likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast