Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By NHBass39
  • 1 Post By acejavelin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Default Calender issue.... Please HELP...

If I accept an invitation it use to bring me to the calender page on my phone, now it tells me would I like to try the mobile version. Any idea how to fix this?

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Default Re: Calender issue.... Please HELP...

Stock email app, Gmail app, web browser, or where are you seeing this at?
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

I get the email through gmail then when I accept it asks me if I want to use the mobile version. Never did this before
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Here is what I get after I click yes to accept an invite

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Hmmm... I haven't run into this, but I don't accept/reject calendar invites in email on my phone... but I am guessing this has to do with HTClinkifyDispatcher app that is in the newer HTC phones that prevents links from opening to apps directly, but opens them in the web browser thanks to a lawsuit with Apple.

Unfortunately I am going to have to leave this to someone who knows a little more about this... you can read some more about the HTClinkifyDispatcher issue here:
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

It just started today to. I'm not happy about this. GRRRRRR!!!!! Thanks for the tips though.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

It's happened to me on several different ICS ROMs. I'm sorry to say I never found a good solution except that the Venom ROM does not have this problem.

I tried clearing all the defaults, clearing the cache, removing my calendar from the sync schedule...anything I could think of but all with no luck. Sorry.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    It's happened to me on several different ICS ROMs. I'm sorry to say I never found a good solution except that the Venom ROM does not have this problem.

I tried clearing all the defaults, clearing the cache, removing my calendar from the sync schedule...anything I could think of but all with no luck. Sorry.

Just getting fed up with android lately. I knew I should of stayed on GB. Everything worked like I wanted it to. Honestly I am really thinking of getting an Iphone.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

You trying to kick up a hornets nest?

I'm not trying to sway you but the new iPhone is not the answer to everyone's problem. For starters it's not attractive. To stretch to screen without widening looks silly to me. Also, it's last years technology. By that I mean 4G/LTE and the "passbook". The display is nice I guess and the battery life is claimed to be better but honestly it's just not cutting it. The widgets alone on android make me wonder why anyone would switch...I don't want to have to open an app every time I want a quick glance at the scores or stocks or weather or whatever it is. On the music side, there's no EQ (correct me if im wrong I have a work issued iPad but no iPhone and I'm basing this one off that experience). I know Beats leaves a little to be desired (unless you root and put a custom rom with better features on that bad boy) but its better than flat lifeless music any day.

Just a thought but have you tried calendar pad? Free app and the 4x4 widget is in my opinion much more useful than the stock calendar widget.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

I'll give that a shot. Thanks
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Well after playing with the stock calendar app. I've found out that it automatically puts it in you calendar if someone sends you a invite. If you go to the invite in the calendar you can choose weather you not your attending. It is actually easier.
    Thanked by:
    Wanda and acejavelin like this.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Thanks for letting us know the solution you found... now to file this away in the back of my mind... (whirl, click, whirl, click)... Ah, who am I kidding, by tomorrow I will have forgotten, that is what they made Google for!

Glad you found a solution and didn't have to regret the next two years with a rotten piece of fruit!
    Wanda likes this.