1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Fix for "No Service"

I just felt like sharing. My Rezound failed to connect yesterday. It showed 3G & 4G bars and it had an intermittent data connection, but the Notification Screen showed no service and I couldn't make or receive calls. I was on the phone with Verizon Tech Service multiple times, power cycled several times, went to a Verizon store and got a new sim card and nothing worked. The Tech Service rep was about to send me another Rezound (refurb, I'm sure) when she asked, "Why don't we try a factory data reset"? I had already considered that as a possibility and figured it couldn't hurt. My phone isn't rooted (yet), but I had taken screen shots of every screen and had moved all apps I could to my SD card. I did the data reset and now all is well. Also, my 4G connection speed is increased. I have seen several posters advise the data reset as a cure for many problems, and I can testify that it worked for me. I had all of my apps re-installed last night and I'm in good shape again.

I do have one question. I use the "Music" app and had several playlists. All my music is still available, but my playlists are all gone. Is it possible to recover them or do I spend hours sorting it all out again?

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Default Re: Fix for "No Service"

If you are using the stock Music app and did not back the playlists up to the SD Card then i'm sorry to say but no the playlists are long gone.
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4