1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC slowing orders of Sammy components

Does this mean that HTC cameras & screens are going to start sucking? The awesome cameras have always been a big draw for me.

HTC () has reportedly followed in () footsteps and begun to reduce its dependency on () components, according to Digitimes. The Taiwanese vendor is said to be switching orders for CMOS image sensors from Samsung to OmniVision and (), and is shifting part of its AMOLEDpanel orders to AU Optronics. HTC has also been using Super LCD panels in a number of its mid-range and high-end smartphones, which have been produced by Sony since the middle of 2010.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC slowing orders of Sammy components

Sony > Sammy sensors
    Sony LCD tech > Sammy AMOLED

that's both IMHO but I don't foresee any quality issues. I'm sure part of the reasoning is due to HTC's weak financials but seeing how I always wish Sony would sell their phones stateside..this might be the next best thing ;-)

p.s. this is coming from a guy who swears by Sammy tv's so I have no Sony bias other than what's mentioned above.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LG G2 (VZW)
    HTC Droid DNA - Moonshined/S-Off
    HP TouchPad - CM10.1 JB 4.2.2