HTC slowing orders of Sammy components
Does this mean that HTC cameras & screens are going to start sucking? The awesome cameras have always been a big draw for me.
Like Apple, HTC reportedly slowing orders of Samsung components - Yahoo! News
HTC (2498) has reportedly followed in Apple’s (AAPL) footsteps and begun to reduce its dependency on Samsung (005930) components, according to Digitimes. The Taiwanese vendor is said to be switching orders for CMOS image sensors from Samsung to OmniVision and Sony (SNE), and is shifting part of its AMOLEDpanel orders to AU Optronics. HTC has also been using Super LCD panels in a number of its mid-range and high-end smartphones, which have been produced by Sony since the middle of 2010.
- 10-11-2012, 12:06 AM #2
Re: HTC slowing orders of Sammy components
Sony > Sammy sensors
Sony LCD tech > Sammy AMOLED
that's both IMHO but I don't foresee any quality issues. I'm sure part of the reasoning is due to HTC's weak financials but seeing how I always wish Sony would sell their phones stateside..this might be the next best thing ;-)
p.s. this is coming from a guy who swears by Sammy tv's so I have no Sony bias other than what's mentioned above.
- By dpg in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 17Last Post: 10-08-2010, 11:36 AM
- By haldroidx in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-18-2010, 11:20 AM
- By seabee in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 08-07-2010, 02:48 PM
- By goin_nil in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 17Last Post: 07-17-2010, 08:28 AM
- By Scincidae in forum Site Feedback & HelpReplies: 2Last Post: 04-23-2010, 08:42 AM