HTC Rezound Issues: Media players won't detect SD Card, Rezound won't turn on after soft reset

jordanuv

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I was having trouble with my media on my HTC Rezound not being detected by stock gallery/music players or a variety of other players downloaded off of Google Play. None of the players would detect the SD Card. I even tried SD Card Rescan and that didn't work either. I could still access all my media with BeRo File manager and open the files up in the media players but that was it. I, then, came across a forum that said that the media storage could be corrupted. So the forum suggest that I clear data on the media storage then reboot the phone. I cleared the data then I did a soft reset on my phone and it didn't turn on. I pulled the battery and waited, tried a different battery, plugging it in(it has a full battery, but tried anyways) in which the light didn't turn on either, and even tried to boot into fastboot. Nothing worked. The phone is rooted with ICS update and with CWM 5.8.1.4 recovery on it. Any suggestions?

skyjjc

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you might have a bad SD card. Try another one if you have it and let the phone reformat itm then move some files to it. If that works then you could try reformating you original SD card (after transfering your files to safety) and see it that fixes the card.

If its not the SD card then your likely into root issues and should check out the foreums for the specific root you use.

jordanuv

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
This is 2nd SD card i've tried. Phone has been rooted for awhile but issue has come up only recently. Some apps say that my phone is still connected to a computer via usb which is not the case. Even so, my main problem is that after trying the Clear Data on Media storage, after the reboot, my phone won't power on. I have no clue what might have sparked the issues with my SD Card, let alone, my phone itself. Both problems seem random. I've searched many forums with no luck, so if you have seen something relating to this, please let me know. Thanks for the help.