Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    1,179 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Default Re: Did I miss the big gsm update?

Quote Originally Posted by danhartman26 View Post
    Acejavelin, this "data stall" you refer to - is it something like updating apps from the app store, and the download stalls even though all indications are that network connectivity is fine? I have that issue regularly, and the fix seems to be to stop the download and re-attempt the update...
    Except for battery life, it is my only real Rezound complaint. (like many others, I have 3 standard batteries, an external battery charger, and regular chargers stashed in all of my regular haunts...)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    The "data stall" issue is exactly that, it seems to be connected just no data flows, often time one data direction flow arrow just stays lit all the time then it after a few seconds to minutes it takes off on it's own...
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Stock Lollipop with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    The "data stall" issue is exactly that, it seems to be connected just no data flows, often time one data direction flow arrow just stays lit all the time then it after a few seconds to minutes it takes off on it's own...
    Thanks - maybe I need to flash the global RUU over Thanksgiving and see if that helps...

Global Posts
    1,179 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Quote Originally Posted by danhartman26 View Post
    Thanks - maybe I need to flash the global RUU over Thanksgiving and see if that helps...

Cool... give it a shot, to me it has had more positives than negatives, but remember that installing this will do a complete factory wipe of your phone, so plan accordingly!
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Stock Lollipop with hells-Core Kernel)
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

Cool... give it a shot, to me it has had more positives than negatives, but remember that installing this will do a complete factory wipe of your phone, so plan accordingly!
    Yeah, I did ICS days before the ota, so I recall the reset - kinda nice in many respects...

I installed this yesterday and so far so good. Only thing I have noticed is the stock and dolphin browsers will stop loading. But if you touch the screen they finish. I'll play more and see if I find what Ace found.

i have trouble keeping Google location service running on this. i have had to reflash the. 02 file multiple times, due to factory resets not working

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Quote Originally Posted by mike7728 View Post
    i have trouble keeping Google location service running on this. i have had to reflash the. 02 file multiple times, due to factory resets not working

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Do you mean the point 2? Or did you go back to the OTA ICS?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Quote Originally Posted by pcabe5 View Post
    I installed this yesterday and so far so good. Only thing I have noticed is the stock and dolphin browsers will stop loading. But if you touch the screen they finish. I'll play more and see if I find what Ace found.
    How is battery life a few days in? What is your usage? I am thinking about taking the plunge today.

Quote Originally Posted by nocaldawg View Post
    How is battery life a few days in? What is your usage? I am thinking about taking the plunge today.

Battery started off poor but has now settled down and it is as good as before or a little better. The default network is "global" and I switched it to LTE/cdma and I believe that helped battery life. Other than a white screen sometimes opening a browser, goes away if you touch the screen, it runs smooth. I downloaded all my apps to see if I get a "data stall" and none at all.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Ok, I went for it. All apps are installing right now. Will report my findings. Thanks much to all for your input and assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by nocaldawg View Post
    Ok, I went for it. All apps are installing right now. Will report my findings. Thanks much to all for your input and assistance.

Let us know what you think.

Global Posts
    1,179 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

One other issue (actually, more of an annoyance than an issue) I have had and forgot to mention was connecting a charger with the screen blanked sometimes isn't recognized and doesn't charge the battery, however, unblanking and unlocking the screen always recognizes the charger is connected immediately. Seems to happen much more with the car charger than the home charger, or might just because I use it much more often.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Just about a day in battery life is at least as good as it was before. Data is much smoother. No charging issues noted at this time and the heat seems to be lower now that all my apps have been reinstalled. Not enough time to give definitive feedback, but good so far. And of course it has a few more network options !

I installed this fairly quickly after it was released. I was on the official OTA but ran the RUU before the OTA. I'll tell you the major reason I took the global RUU. The wifi shutoff at night on charging (has already been reported the DNA has this bug as well). When I put the phone on the charger it stays connected to wifi throughout the night. My wife's rezound will lose a wifi connection in overnight whether it is on or off the charger. It's real annoying to have her phone lose a ton of battery overnight because it decides to disconnect from wifi for some unknown reason. Inside our house has a horrendously low signal, so it eats up the battery when not of wifi here. It's not a settings issue, it's a stock rom issue. I had the same issue until I took the Global RUU. When we both have some downtime, I will run the RUU on her phone, unlock and root the thing for her. She has seen the value of Wireless tether on our unlimited plans on our recent vacation. If they would only build a 4g tower close by I could cancel my Cable, and just tether all day.
    Devices:

Rooted HTC Droid Incredible
    Rooted Nook Color
    Rooted HTC Rezound
    Soon to be rooted Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by 318sugarhill View Post
    If they would only build a 4g tower close by I could cancel my Cable, and just tether all day.
    Verizon would shut down your account, or at least throttle your speeds back into the Stone Age before long. Mobile "unlimited" isn't....

Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > OG Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2

Quote Originally Posted by 318sugarhill View Post
    I installed this fairly quickly after it was released. I was on the official OTA but ran the RUU before the OTA. I'll tell you the major reason I took the global RUU. The wifi shutoff at night on charging (has already been reported the DNA has this bug as well). When I put the phone on the charger it stays connected to wifi throughout the night. My wife's rezound will lose a wifi connection in overnight whether it is on or off the charger. It's real annoying to have her phone lose a ton of battery overnight because it decides to disconnect from wifi for some unknown reason. Inside our house has a horrendously low signal, so it eats up the battery when not of wifi here. It's not a settings issue, it's a stock rom issue. I had the same issue until I took the Global RUU. When we both have some downtime, I will run the RUU on her phone, unlock and root the thing for her. She has seen the value of Wireless tether on our unlimited plans on our recent vacation. If they would only build a 4g tower close by I could cancel my Cable, and just tether all day.
    I have never had the WIFI disconnect issue on the ICS RUU. When I changed the setting to never sleep, it never slept. Global RUU is the same.

connecting a charger with the screen blanked sometimes isn't recognized and doesn't charge the battery
    I can say I do not have that issue with the Global RUU. As soon as I plug in the screen lights up just as before. Do you think it could be the refurbished phone?

Global Posts
    1,179 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Quote Originally Posted by pcabe5 View Post
    I can say I do not have that issue with the Global RUU. As soon as I plug in the screen lights up just as before. Do you think it could be the refurbished phone?
    Hmmm... Possibly, now that you mention that I don't recall it ever happening with my last unit but it is more of annoyance to me than a problem. It doesn't do it every time either, maybe every other time when connected to the car charger and it has never done it with my home charger or the generic one plug in one I have at work.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12