Galaxy Note 2

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
TechnoBuffalo said the call quality on the Note 2 is waaaay better than on the OG Note.

Samsung Galaxy Note II Review - YouTube

In case anyone is wondering, Samsung's trade-in value for the Rezound is $95. I think this phone is worth more than that, but interesting nonetheless.

Good to know because that would be a deal breaker for me. I use my phone for calls alot as well as data. Bad part for me is I'm going to have to pay full price as I don't want to lose my unlimited data. Working alot of OT to save for it.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Haven't had the chance to stop by a VZW store yet. Does anyone know if the Note 2 is on display? If not, maybe at a Best Buy or somewhere else?

I wanna see how it feels in my hand.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had the chance to stop by a VZW store yet. Does anyone know if the Note 2 is on display? If not, maybe at a Best Buy or somewhere else?

I wanna see how it feels in my hand.

Not at Best Buy or VZW stores yet.
You may find one on diaplay at a T-Mobile, Sprint, or US Cellular store in your area as they have been selling them for about a week now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Not at Best Buy or VZW stores yet.
You may find one on diaplay at a T-Mobile, Sprint, or US Cellular store in your area as they have been selling them for about a week now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Great idea. Thanks!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how the call quailty is? Didn't Samung have problems with dropped calls and call quality?

They actually fixed that issue fully for the SGS3. I've had one for a good while now and it completely blows the doors off of all of their previous offerings as far as radio quality goes. So as far as I'm concerned the Samsung stigma(horrible radios) is gone.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Well there is another article on the front page about the DNA. Two things disappoint. The first is that it is a 'droid' branded device which implies a certain amount of exclusiveness to Verizon, that is bad news for me since I am a month away from going to sprint. The bad news for the rest is that it is labeled as having a non removable battery. I hope it has a maxx like battery and not a rezound like battery....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Went to the Sprint store; got my hands on the Note 2 for a while. Very comfortable. I was surprised how comfy it was compared to VZW's GNex. The screen did not detect the S Pen very well - maybe I just didn't know how to use it or maybe it was a floor model failure. The screen was really crisp despite not being LCD. Definitely a phone to look forward to, imho. :)

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Well there is another article on the front page about the DNA. Two things disappoint. The first is that it is a 'droid' branded device which implies a certain amount of exclusiveness to Verizon, that is bad news for me since I am a month away from going to sprint. The bad news for the rest is that it is labeled as having a non removable battery. I hope it has a maxx like battery and not a rezound like battery....

The non-removable battery thing still bugs me. I don't get why a company like Google/Motorola/HTC/Apple want to take that and SD cards away from people.

- - - Updated - - -

Went to the Sprint store; got my hands on the Note 2 for a while. Very comfortable. I was surprised how comfy it was compared to VZW's GNex. The screen did not detect the S Pen very well - maybe I just didn't know how to use it or maybe it was a floor model failure. The screen was really crisp despite not being LCD. Definitely a phone to look forward to, imho. :)

The Original note was awesome like that too. Shame it never came to Verizon but I have my money burning a hole in my pocket waiting for the Note2

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
The bad news for the rest is that it is labeled as having a non removable battery. I hope it has a maxx like battery and not a rezound like battery....

What are you implying...that battery li

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
The bad news for the rest is that it is labeled as having a non removable battery. I hope it has a maxx like battery and not a rezound like battery....

Sorry about that, had to plug in...

As I was saying, are you implying that battery life on the Rezound leaves something to be desired?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry about that, had to plug in...

As I was saying, are you implying that battery life on the Rezound leaves something to be desired?

no not at all....the four I carry around to make through the day all work fine...

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't know what you guys are talking about in regards to battery life i'm at 50% and still have 4:45 hours left on my extended battery!

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
They actually fixed that issue fully for the SGS3. I've had one for a good while now and it completely blows the doors off of all of their previous offerings as far as radio quality goes. So as far as I'm concerned the Samsung stigma(horrible radios) is gone.

Great to know. I can't wait to get this phone. I already have a kickstand case ordered. HAHAHA!!!!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

My pre-order GS3 radio is very good even on original software. Very close and sometimes better than my Droid Razr Maxx and Rezound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol