Galaxy Note 2

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
They actually fixed that issue fully for the SGS3. I've had one for a good while now and it completely blows the doors off of all of their previous offerings as far as radio quality goes. So as far as I'm concerned the Samsung stigma(horrible radios) is gone.

Probably a bad comparison but I compared my Verizon Rezound with a friends AT&T SG3 sitting side by side and my Rezound was about 20 DBMS better. Like any phone geek I get the itch to update yearly and would love to put the Note 2 through its paces but I don't want to give up the Rezound's killer radio.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Probably a bad comparison but I compared my Verizon Rezound with a friends AT&T SG3 sitting side by side and my Rezound was about 20 DBMS better. Like any phone geek I get the itch to update yearly and would love to put the Note 2 through its paces but I don't want to give up the Rezound's killer radio.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

You should certainly go toe to toe on the same network. But the SGS3 probably has the best radios of any Samsung offering to date. I'll update you in 10 days when I pickup the Note2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You should certainly go toe to toe on the same network. But the SGS3 probably has the best radios of any Samsung offering to date. I'll update you in 10 days when I pickup the Note2

You try the new radios yet? I see a bit more improvement with them as well

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Question 2: Can the camera shutter sound be turned off? It can't on the Sprint version - I've heard that's typical of Sprint phones, though.

Question 3: If you don't LIKE your Note 2, will you clean it up and give it to me ... free of charge? Please?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Question 2: Can the camera shutter sound be turned off? It can't on the Sprint version - I've heard that's typical of Sprint phones, though.

Question 3: If you don't LIKE your Note 2, will you clean it up and give it to me ... free of charge? Please?

Answer to 3: I called dibs!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Question 1: why can't it be a 4'' phone that folds out to 6?

1) The bendable LED screen hasn't been created yet. They've done the bendable LCD, though.

2) You can shut off any shutter sound by rooting(even if you don't run a custom ROM, you can delete/change the shutter sound)

3) Suuuure, can you leave a million dollars on my doorstep? Preferably in unmarked non-sequential bills.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
1) The bendable LED screen hasn't been created yet. They've done the bendable LCD, though.

2) You can shut off any shutter sound by rooting(even if you don't run a custom ROM, you can delete/change the shutter sound)

3) Suuuure, can you leave a million dollars on my doorstep? Preferably in unmarked non-sequential bills.

2) wanna know if it can be done without rooting. I will ask again once you have the phone.

3) I will FedEx the money to you tomorrow.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
2) wanna know if it can be done without rooting. I will ask again once you have the phone.

3) I will FedEx the money to you tomorrow.

2) I think I read somewhere recently that it was there by law so that it was tougher to take 'candid' pictures.

3) I used a same-day courier, should be there by 6-ish

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
2) I think I read somewhere recently that it was there by law so that it was tougher to take 'candid' pictures.

2) Law-schmawww ... Lame if Samsung is one of those carriers that forces you to listen to the shutter every time. Cause for root!

3) I redirected your shipment to an undisclosed hide-out. My money will arrive first. And, now that I have second dibs, the phone will be miiiiine as soon as that satellite drops from the sky...

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

That law has actually been on the books in PA for a while now. There was a news report on that subject just the other day. They showed pervs waiting in line snapping upskirt pics of the women/girls in front of them. Having a law is one thing but making people be decent to one another is a whole other ball of wax.

Back to the GNote2....8 days and counting. If Verizon moves the date back I may have to switch to another carrier lol

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
didnt want to start a new thread so I'll ask here
Son has a iPhone 4S and he wants a Galaxy note 2. So I'm looking to by it contract free.
Question: Can I use the sim from the iPhone 4S , take it out and if a adapter is needed or not, put it into the GN2 no problem?
Also we have the 2GB $30 plan for him and this wont mess with our plan at all im assuming

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173