Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Lovin' My Phone

Exclamation Galaxy Note 2

Has anyone seen the specs on this phone? Wow ... it is pretty awesome. Only drawback is its size ... at least for me because I wear my phone on a clip and I even thought the Razr Maxx was a little large for my hands. The Note 2 is a pretty big phone.

I do like the split screen and being able to watch videos while using other apps. It also comes with Jelly Bean.

It's a very nice phone. Who the heck would ever buy an iPhone!?
    ~Janet~
    TheAutoMomma likes this.

Global Posts
    1,837 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Default Re: Galaxy Note 2

Yeah due to the size I'm actually thinking about this for my wife. Since my wife has MS and has 2 episodes of Opticneuritis she has lost some vision in one eye so sometimes it's hard for her to see text messages on the Razr that she has. Actually it is smaller then the Note even though the note only has a 5.3 inch screen
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Yeah due to the size I'm actually thinking about this for my wife. Since my wife has MS and has 2 episodes of Opticneuritis she has lost some vision in one eye so sometimes it's hard for her to see text messages on the Razr that she has. Actually it is smaller then the Note even though the note only has a 5.3 inch screen
    My wife also has MS but to-date we've (well, she) hasn't had any episodes of opticneuritis... that would be some scary [ expletive ].

I'm thinking of the Note 2 for me but I'm going to hold off until HTC's 5" wonder comes out... specs on both are drool-worthy.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Lovin' My Phone

Well then it sounds like this phone would be awesome for your wives! Very cool!! I can't wait to see it in person.
    ~Janet~

I just left a sprint store to look at it and its even better in person didn't play with it long but it really isn't as big as I thought it would be and even tho I'm a girl it feels pretty good in my hands : ) and it is pretty light

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
    skatergirl likes this.

After seeing the review video, I still do not like touchwiz at all. So, just curious if anyone has experience running other launchers on Sammy phones? Any problems running something like Nova Launcher?

I can't upgrade at full price right now, but I know before I buy any non-Nexus Sammy phone, I'd want to be sure other launchers work on it. hehe.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > Moto X 2013 & 2014
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    After seeing the review video, I still do not like touchwiz at all. So, just curious if anyone has experience running other launchers on Sammy phones? Any problems running something like Nova Launcher?

I can't upgrade at full price right now, but I know before I buy any non-Nexus Sammy phone, I'd want to be sure other launchers work on it. hehe.
    No issues at all with either Nova Launcher or Apex Launcher. I used them both on my SGS3 when I was deciding on if I wanted to keep TW or not.

As for the NOTE 2, it does look like a awesome phone. Too big for me I am hoping that the DLX comes to Sprint. I think 5" for a phone is going to be my limit.
    Thanked by:
    TBolt 
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

I'm going with the Note2 because it's the phone that I've been waiting for since I found out how awesome the original Note was. It just never came to Verizon. It could be a 17" phone and I'd grab it anyway haha.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
    Thanked by:
    TBolt and skatergirl like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Galaxy Note 2-screen-shot-2012-10-19-9.20.31-am.png

Mr. Smiths next phone
    skatergirl likes this.

Will the Note II ever be a global phone, though?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > Moto X 2013 & 2014
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I doubt it. It should be, it can be, I am sure someone will find a way to make it so, but I doubt Verizon will do it. Is the rez an official world phone yet? That was promised a long time ago. My SGS3 is supposed to be one as well but none of the updates so far are pointing in that direction

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I doubt it. It should be, it can be, I am sure someone will find a way to make it so, but I doubt Verizon will do it. Is the rez an official world phone yet? That was promised a long time ago. My SGS3 is supposed to be one as well but none of the updates so far are pointing in that direction
    I hope you're wrong, but think you're probably right. hehe. We'll see.

HTC is coming out with a cool phone. HTC DLX. for deluxe.

sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    HTC is coming out with a cool phone. HTC DLX. for deluxe.

Yea, looking forward to hearing official word about it. I hope it has a removable battery.

Global Posts
    1,837 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Yea, looking forward to hearing official word about it. I hope it has a removable battery.

It does not have a removable battery according to what i remember. It's because HTC fliped the logic board and the battery so that the battery could be bigger and the phone still super thin. Phil talked about it on one of the podcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    It does not have a removable battery according to what i remember. It's because HTC fliped the logic board and the battery so that the battery could be bigger and the phone still super thin. Phil talked about it on one of the podcasts.
    Won't risk buying it until after I've heard how well the battery lasts in real-world use. I've mentioned elsewhere ... the non-removable battery situation may very well be the reason why this Rezound is my last HTC phone.

ROM
    CM9/Countershrike v. 2.3A

Won't risk buying it until after I've heard how well the battery lasts in real-world use. I've mentioned elsewhere ... the non-removable battery situation may very well be the reason why this Rezound is my last HTC phone.
    Yep, removable battery is still a deal breaker for me, too. I know people are saying it's not the end of the world to have a sealed back, but I like being able to replace a defective battery as opposed to having to replace the whole device. Same can be said for expandable memory.

I guess I'm gonna have the Rezound for a long while... I like the features a lot and also, can keep our unlimited data by not buying a subsidized device.

Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen-Shot-2012-10-19-at-9.20.31-AM.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	685.7 KB 
ID:	43580

Mr. Smiths next phone
    No way...the touchscreen is way too small on that thing. If any of you are thinking about any Samsung phone, check their website. They have a trade-in program to get a discount on a new Samsung phone. My SGS3 is worth $255 and will be headed back to Sammy in roughly a month when the Verizon Gnote2 drops.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    No way...the touchscreen is way too small on that thing. If any of you are thinking about any Samsung phone, check their website. They have a trade-in program to get a discount on a new Samsung phone. My SGS3 is worth $255 and will be headed back to Sammy in roughly a month when the Verizon Gnote2 drops.
    I forget ... Do you have to pay full retail directly through Samsung to get that rebate?

Global Posts
    1,837 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

I forget ... Do you have to pay full retail directly through Samsung to get that rebate?

from everything i am seeing no you just have to get one and have the reciept
    Thanked by:
    TBolt 

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Anyone know how the call quailty is? Didn't Samung have problems with dropped calls and call quality?

Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    Anyone know how the call quailty is? Didn't Samung have problems with dropped calls and call quality?
    TechnoBuffalo said the call quality on the Note 2 is waaaay better than on the OG Note.

Samsung Galaxy Note II Review - YouTube

In case anyone is wondering, Samsung's trade-in value for the Rezound is $95. I think this phone is worth more than that, but interesting nonetheless.

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

TechnoBuffalo said the call quality on the Note 2 is waaaay better than on the OG Note.

Samsung Galaxy Note II Review - YouTube

In case anyone is wondering, Samsung's trade-in value for the Rezound is $95. I think this phone is worth more than that, but interesting nonetheless.
    Good to know because that would be a deal breaker for me. I use my phone for calls alot as well as data. Bad part for me is I'm going to have to pay full price as I don't want to lose my unlimited data. Working alot of OT to save for it.

Haven't had the chance to stop by a VZW store yet. Does anyone know if the Note 2 is on display? If not, maybe at a Best Buy or somewhere else?

I wanna see how it feels in my hand.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast