Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "In-Band Ringtone" Any Information?

Hello All,

I have not had much luck finding any useful data regarding In-Band Ringtone, any information would be helpful.

Context:
    I recently got a new Panasonic Home Phone which has the proprietary "Link-to-Cell" technology. It works great, uses Bluetooth to link up to 2 cell phones to the handsets, incoming and outgoing calls can be made through the cell phone using the home phone handsets.

One feature supports using the Cell Phones Assigned Ringtone on the handset. The requirement is for the Cell Phone to support "In-Band Ringtone" on the Bluetooth.

Thanks in advanced for the help and info.

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Default Re: "In-Band Ringtone" Any Information?

I have been looking into this for you as it's a curious question. The answer I think i have found is that Android does not support in-band Ringtones. Supposedly it's a small config file that needs to be changed to make it work but for the life of me I have not found what file that is
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The answer I think i have found is that Android does not support in-band Ringtones.
    This seems to be about all I have found as well. I found one article that mentioned the lack of this support in the Android BT drivers. In Windows phones, there appears to be a registry key that switched it on/off, but nothing of the like in Android. It would seem to be a simple function of Bluetooth from what some knowledgeable colleagues have said. Most of which are surprised by the lack of information available on the subject (The Panasonic phones are from the 2011 line up, so it isn't all that new).

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

At one time is was a feature that was turned on. I'm wondering if it was causing more headaches for them then it was a benefit hence why shutting it down.
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4

im still looking for a fix ? can anybody find it ?

This could be solved by google alone. Star this issue logged with google to help get it prioritized.

Issue 38310 - android - in band ringtone does not work on any android device - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting