Whats a good SMS app that will open links in a NON rooted HTC rezound

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
This question is like asking which car is better, a Chevy or a Ford, it is personal preference, but in the end both usually will get to work and back home. Why not just try each one out and see which one you like better... I would sway towards Go SMS Pro, just has a better feel in my opinion.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I use stock messaging and open links

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
He is referring to the HTClinkifydispatcher.apk issue which prevents links from opening directly in apps, such as YouTube videos, Play Store links, and Map addresses, directly in their associated applications, the factory apps have a special restriction from HTClinkifydispatcher.apk that only allows them to be opened in the browser (or not at all). The solutions are a third-party messaging app or root and remove HTClinkifydispatcher.apk.

Say thanks to Apple for their lawsuit frenzy, it is actually their fault.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
He is referring to the HTClinkifydispatcher.apk issue which prevents links from opening directly in apps, such as YouTube videos, Play Store links, and Map addresses, directly in their associated applications, the factory apps have a special restriction from HTClinkifydispatcher.apk that only allows them to be opened in the browser (or not at all). The solutions are a third-party messaging app or root and remove HTClinkifydispatcher.apk.

Say thanks to Apple for their lawsuit frenzy, it is actually their fault.

I figured that. Thanks for confirming that. I'll try a 3rd party SMS app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol