Coming back

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just bought a Rezound from a member. I traded off my fourth replacement Rezound for a 16gb iPhone 4. Then sold it and bought an iPhone 5. Not too thrilled with it so off to eBay it went. I am on my backup 4, but have the Rezound coming. Will be good to be back on Android!

Anything new with the Rezound I need to know? Getting jelly bean anytime soon??

Sent from my tricked out Iphone!

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Oh....ok..... Anyone wanna buy a real nice Rezound??

LOL

lol

The Rezound is not on the official list to get Jelly Bean. You probably should've held out for the Note II. Quad core, 2 GB RAM & Jelly Bean pre-loaded.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
lol

The Rezound is not on the official list to get Jelly Bean. You probably should've held out for the Note II. Quad core, 2 GB RAM & Jelly Bean pre-loaded.

Heehee, I couldn't get any new phone for what I paid for the Rezound. Actually, the Rezound is just a temporary android "fix". I am not real happy with Verizon anymore and am looking at the new Nexus 4 from Google play store, running a straight talk sim. Maybe eventually jump to AT&T.

The rest of the family will stay on Verizon but I might leave. Then again, I might run around with two phones. I cannot port my number (that I have had for twenty years!) to google voice as they won't allow it. I don't want to lose that number!

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Heehee, I couldn't get any new phone for what I paid for the Rezound. Actually, the Rezound is just a temporary android "fix". I am not real happy with Verizon anymore and am looking at the new Nexus 4 from Google play store, running a straight talk sim. Maybe eventually jump to AT&T.

The rest of the family will stay on Verizon but I might leave. Then again, I might run around with two phones. I cannot port my number (that I have had for twenty years!) to google voice as they won't allow it. I don't want to lose that number!

U can port any number to straight talk. Just make sure u don't cancel ur service with Verizon before porting. Also porting will terminate that line/contract u had onverizon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
am looking at the new Nexus 4 from Google play store, running a straight talk sim. Maybe eventually jump to AT&T.

That's cool. Several folks here no longer have the Rez either. We all just stay in this forum cuz we like to keep our sanity.

Please let us know how the phone & service works out.

I caught the Note II bug in the last 24 hours. I blame skatergirl's thread about the phone for that. Renewal coming in December...!

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
That's cool. Several folks here no longer have the Rez either. We all just stay in this forum cuz we like to keep our sanity.

Please let us know how the phone & service works out.

I caught the Note II bug in the last 24 hours. I blame skatergirl's thread about the phone for that. Renewal coming in December...!

Points and Laughs.... My upgrade isn't for another year.. the wifes is Jan 13th she is looking at the note II also

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I will be fine with the Rezound if the 4g data connectivity issue has been resolved.

I do not want to port my twenty year old phone number to Straight Talk. I am too scared that I will over do my data and they terminate my account and I lose that long held number.

If anything, I will give up my unlimited data and switch to a basic phone to keep my number with Verizon and have calls forwarded to the Nexus phone. Not really sure yet. I'll wait and get the Rezound and fire it up and see how it goes. I got rid of my original Rezound (well, actually my fourth replacement...) due to it constantly dropping data when in 4g. Is that still an issue?

And what came of the global stuff? Can the Rezound now use an AT&T sim and get data and SMS/mms messages and AT&T hspa+?

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I got rid of my original Rezound (well, actually my fourth replacement...) due to it constantly dropping data when in 4g. Is that still an issue?

And what came of the global stuff? Can the Rezound now use an AT&T sim and get data and SMS/mms messages and AT&T hspa+?

I have never seen the 4G drops you are speaking of. It might be your area as not all 4g's are created equal. The only issue I have with 4g is when i'm in my office which might as well be a faraday cage as i get extremly slow speeds... but i'm still connected.

As far as the Global update yeah Christmas will most likely arrive before we get that update. I have heard a peep about that.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I will be fine with the Rezound if the 4g data connectivity issue has been resolved.

I do not want to port my twenty year old phone number to Straight Talk. I am too scared that I will over do my data and they terminate my account and I lose that long held number.

If anything, I will give up my unlimited data and switch to a basic phone to keep my number with Verizon and have calls forwarded to the Nexus phone. Not really sure yet. I'll wait and get the Rezound and fire it up and see how it goes. I got rid of my original Rezound (well, actually my fourth replacement...) due to it constantly dropping data when in 4g. Is that still an issue?

Welcome back to the Rezound...you can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

No surprise the iPhone didn't live up to the hype...I've messed with the latest iPhone (still refusing to call it the 5th when it's clearly the 6th) and my wife has the 4 which means I get to fix it whenever things go wonky. I've never been over enthused with it, although when I was stuck with my BB Storm and my partner at work had the 3G I have to admit I was pretty jealous. Then I stumbled on this thing called android...the Incredible was announce a few months after that and I've never looked back. Android just provides too many options that the iPhone just can't.

About this global thing...I thought (and I could be way off here) that the Global release was really only going to be good for overseas GSM stuff and that the AT&T freqs wouldn't be compatible with it. Again I may be wrong...I'm sure someone around here keeps with with whatever bands these two mega-a-hole companies use.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
We must be kindred spirits! I had the Storm, then moved onto the DInc as well. All the time secretly wishing the iPhone was a available on Verizon. Then I got to know a lot about android. Even my wife figured it out. I had bought her a Fascinate, then got her an iPhone (actually, this very one I am typing on now...). It didn't take her long and she wanted back on her android. LOL. I still seemed to be mesmerized by the Iphone and retired my DInc and took over this iPhone. Partly due to horrible reception at work. I saw others with vzw iPhones that said they got good reception.

Well, over time I realized the iPhone was no better. So I jumped back to android and stepped up to 4g when I found out it was actually available in my area. Verizon site and coverage map said no, but a co worker said yes. So I soon had a Rezound in hand. Ahhhhh, MUCH better, I thought. Blazing speeds, big screen and the freedom of android! I thought I had it all....

Then the data connectivity problems started. Soon I was waiting on my fourth Rezound and fifth sim card to arrive in the mail. I had had enough, never even activated the Rezound. Went back to this iPhone (8gb 4). Put the Rezound up for sale. Ended up trading my Rezound and quite a few accessories for a 16gb iPhone 4, an Incredible and an old Motorola droid something or other... I sold the Incredible and the Motorola. I started using the 16gb iPhone 4. Bought a Lifeproof case for it and was happy. Jailbroken it right away as well. Life was good, then word of the Five came out. I preordered and had mine in hand on release day. A nice new 64gb black iPhone 5. I was back to LTE and a new iPhone! But not all was good....

After less than a month with the Five, I was very unhappy. My LTE speeds were quite a bit slower than those on my Rezound. Was it the over saturated system or the phone? Also, at work, the shiny new 5 was useless. Out side a door 15 feet away, LTE bliss! But inside the building I was barely getting 1x!!!! While AT&T iPhone users sat at break using their phones, I watched mine spin and spin.

So I stuck an AT&T compatible Straigt Talk sim in and tried it... Success!!!! I had an iPhone 5 that would work, and work very fast! But alas, I knew I was still missing something...

So the five went on eBay. Fetched $1000, and is being shipped tomorrow. At the same time I came across a great deal on a new Rezound. It should be here today or tomorrow. I will have to go hit a Verizon store to get a new sim card, then I will once again be free! But it shall be short lived with the Rezound...

For I am unhappy with Verizon and their crap. I plan to get the new Nexus 4 and use it with that Straight Talk account. I will maintain my Verizon line as well for a time. If I decide I truly prefer the prepaid bliss on pure android, I will drop the unlimited data from my line and place a simple basic phone on my line for emergency use. I cannot port my 20 year old number to Google Voice, Google says "no". I am too scared to port it to straight talk and risk losing it. At least not yet.

So, glad to be back to android soon! Not so sure about the Rezound, but it will be better than iOS! I don't see myself ever leaving android for ios again, but you never know...

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey man, seems like you've had a lot of trouble eh? Im on my 4th rezound for overheating, and it seems to be doing well......but I'd love to have a note 2. I cannot believe the I5 fetched $1000! Also about your screen name, do you have a ZRX? I had an 01 and loved it.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
We must be kindred spirits! I had the Storm, then moved onto the DInc as well. All the time secretly wishing the iPhone was a available on Verizon. Then I got to know a lot about android. Even my wife figured it out. I had bought her a Fascinate, then got her an iPhone (actually, this very one I am typing on now...). It didn't take her long and she wanted back on her android. LOL. I still seemed to be mesmerized by the Iphone and retired my DInc and took over this iPhone. Partly due to horrible reception at work. I saw others with vzw iPhones that said they got good reception.

Well, over time I realized the iPhone was no better. So I jumped back to android and stepped up to 4g when I found out it was actually available in my area. Verizon site and coverage map said no, but a co worker said yes. So I soon had a Rezound in hand. Ahhhhh, MUCH better, I thought. Blazing speeds, big screen and the freedom of android! I thought I had it all....

Then the data connectivity problems started. Soon I was waiting on my fourth Rezound and fifth sim card to arrive in the mail. I had had enough, never even activated the Rezound. Went back to this iPhone (8gb 4). Put the Rezound up for sale. Ended up trading my Rezound and quite a few accessories for a 16gb iPhone 4, an Incredible and an old Motorola droid something or other... I sold the Incredible and the Motorola. I started using the 16gb iPhone 4. Bought a Lifeproof case for it and was happy. Jailbroken it right away as well. Life was good, then word of the Five came out. I preordered and had mine in hand on release day. A nice new 64gb black iPhone 5. I was back to LTE and a new iPhone! But not all was good....

After less than a month with the Five, I was very unhappy. My LTE speeds were quite a bit slower than those on my Rezound. Was it the over saturated system or the phone? Also, at work, the shiny new 5 was useless. Out side a door 15 feet away, LTE bliss! But inside the building I was barely getting 1x!!!! While AT&T iPhone users sat at break using their phones, I watched mine spin and spin.

So I stuck an AT&T compatible Straigt Talk sim in and tried it... Success!!!! I had an iPhone 5 that would work, and work very fast! But alas, I knew I was still missing something...

So the five went on eBay. Fetched $1000, and is being shipped tomorrow. At the same time I came across a great deal on a new Rezound. It should be here today or tomorrow. I will have to go hit a Verizon store to get a new sim card, then I will once again be free! But it shall be short lived with the Rezound...

For I am unhappy with Verizon and their crap. I plan to get the new Nexus 4 and use it with that Straight Talk account. I will maintain my Verizon line as well for a time. If I decide I truly prefer the prepaid bliss on pure android, I will drop the unlimited data from my line and place a simple basic phone on my line for emergency use. I cannot port my 20 year old number to Google Voice, Google says "no". I am too scared to port it to straight talk and risk losing it. At least not yet.

So, glad to be back to android soon! Not so sure about the Rezound, but it will be better than iOS! I don't see myself ever leaving android for ios again, but you never know...

I feel you on the "you never know" part. I feel the same way. Right now I can't think of a single reason to switch to an iPhone (can't afford it anyway) but I'd never say never.

I'm gonna be on the Rezound till it gives out...I'd really love to take a run at the HTC DNA/DLX/Butterfly, but I'm currently moving and have two small kids that get bigger everyday....this Rezound better last me a while!! :p

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

As for me, I don't have a 4G connectivity issue. Granted I'm mostly on wifi most of the time but when I'm away from wifi I haven't noticed an issue. I went from a DInc2 to an iphone 4s and then traded the 4s for a Rezound... So Rezound was far and away my choice, as I could have traded that 4s for just about anything. Now that it's rooted, I love it even more, and can't wait to start flashing roms. I'll probably have this phone for a VERY long time as I want to keep my unlimited data.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, the first day back on the Rezound reminds me why I got rid of my first Rezound.... Extremely crappy battery life. LOL

I did not even make it five hours at work and the Rezound was on a charger. At that same point, with even more intense usage, my iPhone 5 was still at least showing 60%.

Ahhhh, the memories! Heehee

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I did not even make it five hours at work and the Rezound was on a charger. At that same point, with even more intense usage, my iPhone 5 was still at least showing 60%.

Ahhhh, the memories! Heehee

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!

5 hours does not sound normal. Was the phone constantly trying to find the VZW network?

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
No, had good strong LTE signal. I was at about 18% after 5 or 6 hours. I never had any battery luck with my first batch of rezounds either.

Ah well, it is what it is. I only plan on the Rezound being a temporary thing anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC