Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 139
Like Tree44Likes
  1. #26  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    The only thing I am gonna say about battery is that size is getting less important.

    My sgs3 pulled down 17 hours I think the other day with 8+ hours of screen time. Granted I am running a form of AOKP, but sense should not make it that much worse.

    I have a screenie somewhere if doubts come up. Android and the tech behind it is becoming more efficient.

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    bellken likes this.
  2. #27  

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    The only thing I am gonna say about battery is that size is getting less important.

    My sgs3 pulled down 17 hours I think the other day with 8+ hours of screen time. Granted I am running a form of AOKP, but sense should not make it that much worse.

    I have a screenie somewhere if doubts come up. Android and the tech behind it is becoming more efficient.

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    Hey I thought you went to sgs3 and sold it and went back to the rezound. What did I miss.

    If you live be reviews the sgs3 doesn't sound to good either. Lots of bad phones.

    Now that HTC and Apple settled maybe HTC will come out with even better phones.
  3. #28  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by pcabe5 View Post
    Hey I thought you went to sgs3 and sold it and went back to the rezound. What did I miss.

    If you live be reviews the sgs3 doesn't sound to good either. Lots of bad phones.

    Now that HTC and Apple settled maybe HTC will come out with even better phones.
    Then I went back to the sgs.. Made money outta the whole deal..

    The sgs3 is excellent.... Now I am going to sprint so I can do my third sgs tour, note 2, or outside lg Optimus g.

    I will also get to tinker with an evo and photon q... So yeah I am all geek hyped

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
  4. #29  

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    No SD? I love my music and photos. I have favorite CD's on the SD card.
    That's a deal breaker for me

    sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  5. #30  

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    HOW DO YOU LIVE WITH 11 GB OF SPACE???!!!!!!!!!! Ever go on a long commute? An airplane ride? A part of the country with no service? A part of the world with no service? Storage is essential if you rely on your phone for anything. They push this phone as if photographers would use it, photographers shoot 10's of GB's of photos in a single shoot.

    Seriously I have been waiting 8+ months for this device and I was floored to hear that it does not support an external SD card. The HTC Butterfly J, the phone that this is an exact copy of, allows for 32GB of external storage. I was 100% sure they would not change it but guess what they did! This makes no sense considering the One X+ has 64GB onboard option. I am not a conspiracy theorist but Verizon has to have intentionally pushed HTC to remove onboard storage in order to get people to pay their rediculous data fees, if they are lucky they get $15/GB for overages! Regardless of cloud storage or not, most high end games run at 1GB or more + they constantly are saving data files that build up over time. I really really want this device but I do not want to have to remove apps on a weekly basis in order to function. I can use CD's for music, read my news on my desktop, but even with just using the phone for games it still does not have enough. I am wondering if they are going to do a push in December with an addition white unit + extra storage space. I so badly want to give HTC my money but I think I have to go with the Note 2. With the Note 2 I can get nearly 100GB of space (64GB of HIGH speed SD card) and also have the battery removable in-case I need to. I have had the original Droid Incredible since day 1 and I am so bummmmmmmmmmed. /rant
    Thanked by 2:
    skatergirl and TheAutoMomma like this.
  6. #31  
    twolastnames's Avatar

    Posts
    634 Posts
    ROM
    To embarrassed to say

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ohiwastedmylife View Post
    HOW DO YOU LIVE WITH 11 GB OF SPACE???!!!!!!!!!! Ever go on a long commute? An airplane ride? A part of the country with no service? A part of the world with no service? Storage is essential if you rely on your phone for anything. They push this phone as if photographers would use it, photographers shoot 10's of GB's of photos in a single shoot.
    11 is fine if your a photographer, it's music, movies and apps. I "shoot" semi professionally, and a 750 shot wedding at 12mp is less than 5 gigs (jpeg, not raw). I agree 16 is to small, but if I used this just for photo's, it would actually be overkill. I don't like huge cards because it's to slow loading 5,000 photos into windows preview every time you plug it in.

    I do on the other hand have 24GB's of just music on a 64GB card, so I can see 32GB's to be fine for a music hound. Movies, I can't tell you, but I really can't stand watching movies, even on my tablet.
    Took the S4 update on purpose, so I could not mess with my phone.... so so so stupid.
  7. #32  
    android4life007's Avatar

    Posts
    140 Posts
    ROM
    Verizon Stock ICS

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    After using a 3200Mah battery for so long I am finding it extremely hard to go back to anything less. I cannot bear to think of living constantly worrying about my battery life again. As awesome as all of these new phones are I can't bring myself to even consider a 2000Mah size battery. My Rezound does everything I want it too and I will not even think of switching unless the new phone has a decent battery and cooks me pancakes and eggs in the evening :-P
    -We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children.
    burwil and Jude526 like this.
  8. #33  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by android4life007 View Post
    After using a 3200Mah battery for so long I am finding it extremely hard to go back to anything less. I cannot bear to think of living constantly worrying about my battery life again. As awesome as all of these new phones are I can't bring myself to even consider a 2000Mah size battery. My Rezound does everything I want it too and I will not even think of switching unless the new phone has a decent battery and cooks me pancakes and eggs in the evening :-P
    I hear ya and fully understand having done it and worried about it myself.

    Trust me, it isn't a concern. My 2100 holds up better than the extended with the rezound

    Edit: I am at 13hrs now, 33% left and 77% of the drain was onscreen time

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
  9. #34  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Pure Spec Comparison: HTC Droid DNA vs Samsung Galaxy Note II vs Samsung Galaxy S3 specs comparison

    The pixel density really sticks out, but we knew that. There is also a higher clock speed on the RAM (makes a difference in speed) and a bit newer GPU.

    Can someone give me a laymans explanation of aperture size? Is smaller better?
  10. #35  
    NHBass39's Avatar

    Posts
    788 Posts
    ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    No go for me. I'm getting the Note 2. Biggest thing for me is the non removable battery.
  11. #36  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Pure Spec Comparison: HTC Droid DNA vs Samsung Galaxy Note II vs Samsung Galaxy S3 specs comparison

    The pixel density really sticks out, but we knew that. There is also a higher clock speed on the RAM (makes a difference in speed) and a bit newer GPU.

    Can someone give me a laymans explanation of aperture size? Is smaller better?
    I don't think it's that easy, but generally bigger is better. We're talking apertures here people...get your mind out of the gutter. The more light allowed to hit the image sensor the more balanced your picture quality will be.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

    -Walt Disney
  12. #37  

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Janet,
    Which power pack are you using. I can't stand this swithching batteries 3 times a day.
    Thanks
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,345 Posts

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleni 22 View Post
    Janet,
    Which power pack are you using. I can't stand this swithching batteries 3 times a day.
    Thanks
    Eleni ... I have never used it but it is called incredi charge and I don't remember it being all that expensive. Maybe $30 or something like that.
    ~Janet~
  14. #39  
    twolastnames's Avatar

    Posts
    634 Posts
    ROM
    To embarrassed to say

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Pure Spec Comparison: HTC Droid DNA vs Samsung Galaxy Note II vs Samsung Galaxy S3 specs comparison

    The pixel density really sticks out, but we knew that. There is also a higher clock speed on the RAM (makes a difference in speed) and a bit newer GPU.

    Can someone give me a laymans explanation of aperture size? Is smaller better?
    Smaller is better on aperture, bigger is better for sensor size. Aperture is amount of light a lens lets through it. Every full f number lower = twice asmuch light through. Under f2 things get very hard to make. For example, a cannon 50mm f1. 8 lens is only a hundred bucks. But a 50mm f1. 2 is over a grand. Sensor size is getting to be more important than all things in camera phones. 12mp photos dont mean jack when the sensor is as small as they are.
    Took the S4 update on purpose, so I could not mess with my phone.... so so so stupid.
  15. #40  
    major payne's Avatar

    Posts
    860 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,833 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by twolastnames View Post
    Smaller is better on aperture, bigger is better for sensor size. Aperture is amount of light a lens lets through it. Every full f number lower = twice asmuch light through. Under f2 things get very hard to make. For example, a cannon 50mm f1. 8 lens is only a hundred bucks. But a 50mm f1. 2 is over a grand. Sensor size is getting to be more important than all things in camera phones. 12mp photos dont mean jack when the sensor is as small as they are.
    this.
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4
  16. #41  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    this.
    So the 2.0 aperture is better than 2.6

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
  17. #42  
    major payne's Avatar

    Posts
    860 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,833 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    So the 2.0 aperture is better than 2.6

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

    That is mostly correct. Contrary to most intuition, a larger number represents a smaller aperture. Thus, an aperture of 16 (f16) lets in less light than an aperture of 4 (f4). BUT The smaller the aperture, the smaller the depth of field. For example, a close-up portrait at f8 will create a crisp picture with the entire face in focus, whereas the same picture at f1.8 might only have the nose or the eyes in focus, while the rest of the face is blurred. This is one of the reasons that Cellphone Camera's are not the best solution for photography Each step allows in double the amount of light as the previous

    1.4, 2.0, 2.8, 4, 5.6, 8, 11, 16, 22 (IE 2.0 should be better in low light situations then 2.8)

    here is a good easy article on it
    Focal Length and Aperture Explained for the Photography Novice igital Photography Tutorials

    here is the OMG article on it
    A Tedious Explanation of the f/stop
    Last edited by Major Payne; 11-14-2012 at 11:34 AM.
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4
    Thanked by 2:
    pcabe5 
  18. #43  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Thanks for the primer I gotta read through it later

    Back to the DNA, did you guys see it has a rear notification light and can be used on at with hspa+

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
  19. #44  

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Thanks for the primer I gotta read through it later

    Back to the DNA, did you guys see it has a rear notification light and can be used on at with hspa+

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    Yes, it has a notification light on the back, and, see - The Droid DNA is SIM-unlocked (that means it works on AT&T) You can use the DNA on ATT!
  20. #45  
    major payne's Avatar

    Posts
    860 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,833 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    yep but without more space it's a no go for me.. never know when you will need to steal secrets lol
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4
  21. #46  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bellken View Post
    Yes, it has a notification light on the back, and, see - The Droid DNA is SIM-unlocked (that means it works on AT&T) You can use the DNA on ATT!
    There is no way verizon ships it like that. Not saying the dev won't get it to work, but it is not going to be like that OOTB

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
  22. #47  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    There is no way verizon ships it like that. Not saying the dev won't get it to work, but it is not going to be like that OOTB

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    Actually yes, that's the impression that's being put out there. That it will ship SIM unlocked out of the box.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

    -Walt Disney
  23. #48  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Actually yes, that's the impression that's being put out there. That it will ship SIM unlocked out of the box.
    I just cannot see it. I know that is the impression but what is verizons end of letting it out?

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
  24. #49  

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bellken View Post
    I should note that HTC gave us the phones, with the desire that we answer as many questions as possible. From the comments, I have seen HTC needs some help to re-build their reputation, particularly around battery life. While a bigger battery would seem to be a requirement, I think HTC went for an optimized size. People are claiming the 2020 battery is too small, but, I think they need to give it a try before slamming it.
    This^ (I also got the phone from elevate)

    Quote Originally Posted by twolastnames View Post
    Ohh, and any word on USB hosting? Even though it would **** me off to no end, using a USB stick would be a crappy option to help with the memory. I know HTC is not keen on USB hosting, but one can hope.
    It does work

    Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    No go for me. I'm getting the Note 2. Biggest thing for me is the non removable battery.
    Space is the only negative for me but to each their own
    Thanked by:
  25. #50  

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
    This^ (I also got the phone from elevate)



    It does work



    Space is the only negative for me but to each their own
    I agree 100% with nightangel79. The cover on the micro usb port is kind of questionable, but, it will keep water out.

    Also, since our phones came from HTC, phones shipped from Verizon might be configured slightly different (i.e. s-on).
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Post All Eris 2.1 Update Rumors, News, and Updates HERE
    By bwsmith in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 1012
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 04:57 PM
  2. BOHICA - Bend Over Here It Comes Again(G1 Style)
    By jlewis850 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 11:34 PM
  3. NEW HERE! Question about ringtones!
    By schnergun in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 06:21 PM
  4. Newb here w/Hero.
    By TonyTurboII in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 01:52 PM
  5. New Guy Here
    By barnettj in forum Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 02:53 PM

Posting Permissions