Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Default Re: DNA HERE!!

Quote Originally Posted by bellken View Post
    ... The DNA will outlast a rezound (with std battery) by a huge margin.
    This is my experience too. The battery is great. I have been pushing it hard today, lots of web browsing, full brightness on, 30 min of gaming, played with the camera, several youtube videos, showed it off... 70% of that on 3bars of 4G, I will say about twice as much as normal use because I just cant put it down. I am at 8hours 26min with 36% left. I mention the 3 bars 4G because I was lucky to get 2 with the Galaxy Nexus and it would flip back and forth to 3G and back. Its a weak area here. and I know that a weak zone makes your devise work harder. The DROID DNA is preforming great so far.

I'm another DNA "tester" from HTC. I can attest to the battery life. I forgot to plug mine in last night and it made it 25 hours with 6% left. That's with me showing it off and playing around. My Rezound (standard battery) would usually die at about 13 hours. According to Battery Monitor Widget, it was dropping 1.4% per hour last night sitting on my counter with my normal stuff still syncing.
    Thanked by:
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by ApexPredation View Post
    This is my experience too. The battery is great. I have been pushing it hard today, lots of web browsing, full brightness on, 30 min of gaming, played with the camera, several youtube videos, showed it off... 70% of that on 3bars of 4G, I will say about twice as much as normal use because I just cant put it down. I am at 8hours 26min with 36% left. I mention the 3 bars 4G because I was lucky to get 2 with the Galaxy Nexus and it would flip back and forth to 3G and back. Its a weak area here. and I know that a weak zone makes your devise work harder. The DROID DNA is preforming great so far.
    You mentioned that you played around with the camera. I have a Rezound and there have been times when I use my phone at an event for taking pictures and wow, my battery can be drained in about three hours and I don't even download the pictures to dropbox until I am back on wifi. If you get a chance to spend a few hours taking pictures, please let me know how the battery reacts.
    Thanks!!
    ~Janet~
    ApexPredation likes this.

In don't doubt some can get good battery life.....but I just can't get past the numbers. A phone that size with the resolution it has needs something more than what amounts to be a standard size extended battery on a much smaller phone. I'll go with the note 2 with a whopping larger battery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    You mentioned that you played around with the camera. I have a Rezound and there have been times when I use my phone at an event for taking pictures and wow, my battery can be drained in about three hours and I don't even download the pictures to dropbox until I am back on wifi. If you get a chance to spend a few hours taking pictures, please let me know how the battery reacts.
    Thanks!!
    I'll try and do that soon. I love taking pictures so I'm hoping for a good outcome. My rezound was a failure when it came to battery life. Especially with photography.

Sent from my DROID DNA
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by ApexPredation View Post
    I'll try and do that soon. I love taking pictures so I'm hoping for a good outcome. My rezound was a failure when it came to battery life. Especially with photography.

Sent from my DROID DNA
    Do burst mode for 10 minutes and show us the goods

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    skatergirl likes this.

This is isn't answering any questions, but, accesories for the DNA are available at Verizon Stores. I bought a silicon case - pretty standard, though, one criticism, is that since the power button is on top in the middle, and, the micro-usb is on the bottom, also, in the middle, I cannot easily distinguish the top from the bottom when the phone is in my pocket. The power button was offset with the rezound, so, it was pretty easy to find.

I'd love this phone if it wasn't for the small amount of storage. I have over 16gb of music and take lots of pictures with my Rezound and it still does everything I need it to. I just want the DNA for all the techy reasons.

Sent from my Rezound using Android Central Forums
    skatergirl likes this.

Global Posts
    1,099 Global Posts
    ROM
    Beanstalk with Hells-Core

Quote Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
    It does work
    Wait... USB Hosting works out of the box (with the correct cable, I assume)??? So I could plug it into a powered hub in my car with a 64GB thumb drive also attached, it will charge and access the thumb drive (full of music) and I can BT to the car stereo all at the same time???

I am like most others here I guess, question the battery but will give it time to see how it pans out in reality... The real issue for me is storage space, 16GB (11GB user accessible according to AP) is just too small for such a power house, now if it came in a 32GB or 64GB version... or even a 128GB versions... I would sing it's praises on Mt. Olympus!!!

Android Planet: Initial Impressions Of The DROID DNA: This Could Be The DROID You're Looking For
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by lloydjr95 View Post
    I'd love this phone if it wasn't for the small amount of storage. I have over 16gb of music and take lots of pictures with my Rezound and it still does everything I need it to. I just want the DNA for all the techy reasons.

Sent from my Rezound using Android Central Forums
    Have you ever thought about moving your massive music library off to Google Music? And HOLY $%^& that's a lot of music. I came close to 8GB once. That was when all my music was flac before converting back to MP3 for sheer portability.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney

Global Posts
    1,833 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Have you ever thought about moving your massive music library off to Google Music? And HOLY $%^& that's a lot of music. I came close to 8GB once. That was when all my music was flac before converting back to MP3 for sheer portability.
    I worry alot with streaming music from google music... I have a tad under 8k of music files (51gigs) which all of it is on google music... the problem is last month I did not stream a single bit of music (which shocked me) and I used 2.4 gig just my phone ... now currently i'm unlimited but i can not afford to buy phones at full retail. So when my wife wants the newest phone we will be switched to the limited and that is when it's going to be cruical that I watch my data usage like a hawk.
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

Google music is terrible. I'm a player pro fan, because it has smart playlists, and i can use the star rating to make playlist automatically. I have 22GB's of mp3's, so I'm a no go on anything less than 32GB. Now if google let 3rd party apps access my online music, I might change my mind.
    Took the S4 update on purpose, so I could not mess with my phone.... so so so stupid.

Global Posts
    1,099 Global Posts
    ROM

I also carry around 15-20GB of music typically on a 32GB card, I don't use Google Music or online service because I will play music for hours and hours at a time and do not have an unlimited data plan (4GB/month 4G promo plan), and in the area I use it most the WiFi is, lets just say, less than adequate even for low bit rate streams.

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    Eleni ... I have never used it but it is called incredi charge and I don't remember it being all that expensive. Maybe $30 or something like that.
    I'll have to check it out thanks
    skatergirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I worry alot with streaming music from google music... I have a tad under 8k of music files (51gigs) which all of it is on google music... the problem is last month I did not stream a single bit of music (which shocked me) and I used 2.4 gig just my phone ... now currently i'm unlimited but i can not afford to buy phones at full retail. So when my wife wants the newest phone we will be switched to the limited and that is when it's going to be cruical that I watch my data usage like a hawk.
    Ever think of storing some of your Google Play on your phone? This way you wouldn't have to store all the music.
    Last edited by pcabe5; 11-25-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Ido not have an unlimited data plan (4GB/month 4G promo plan)
    I wish Verizon would bring that promo back.

Yours is for lifetime, right?
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > OG Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r)
    Banned

Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

Those of you with the DNA and the rezound can you give us the dbm numbers between the two? Also this battery life you guys speak of is any of it on wifi or is it on LTE, then next since it was stated you guys were given the phones to test and play with in order to answer questions and help HTC with marketing this phone it makes one leery of if all is being 100% truthful or maybe best to say being conservative over some of the real world use. We all know HTC is in some financial difficulties and this could be there savior and again it could be what kills them. What we all wish for is real/world results and honest facts. Not saying any of you are being dishonest just don't wanna hear a sales pitch to buy this phone when in reality my rezound works flawlessly

It is impressive, but the lack of removable battery and sd card are a big downer for me. On my rezound, I had 3 external batteries and a standard battery. I doubt that the DNA could surpass the battery life of the four batteries on my rezound.

I am sure there will be other 1080p phones in the pipeline.

Global Posts
    1,099 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    I wish Verizon would bring that promo back.

Yours is for lifetime, right?
    Well, nothing is, but as long as I have a 4G phone it should be fine... I don't know if they will make me change plans to the new "Shared Data" ones when I get an upgrade in the spring, I hope not, it makes no sense since I only have the one line on my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Well, nothing is, but as long as I have a 4G phone it should be fine... I don't know if they will make me change plans to the new "Shared Data" ones when I get an upgrade in the spring, I hope not, it makes no sense since I only have the one line on my plan.
    I assumed that was a Share Everything plan. When I look at the Plans section of the VZW site, I see two options: Share Everything and Prepaid. So, I always thought we're eventually getting stuck with a Share Everything plan whether we have 1 device or 10 on our accounts.

I wish I could pay retail; just not in the cards right now. So, I am slowly swallowing VZW's bitter pill.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

They say that HTC is in trouble. I am doubtful of HTC's recovery because little-by-little, HTC is copying some of the worst features in iPhones: lack of removable external storage & batteries being the most obvious.

I see these "testers" (free marketers) reporting improved battery life. But, I always prepare for the hardest case scenario - whether it's a natural disaster, a family emergency or an unusual, unexpected business trip. That day when there is no power source to charge the phone with. That day will also be the day I NEED to rely on my phone's features for a very extended period of time - likely more than 24 hours.

HTC's newest devices all will fail to serve me when that day comes.

Sammy isn't making the same mistakes, so far, and look where they are - better off than Apple according to the recent news about market share. After 2 HTC devices and countless recommendations to others, I am finally ready to say bye to HTC & helloooooooo anyone else.

HTC has been digging its own grave for quite a while now.

Global Posts
    1,833 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Quote Originally Posted by pcabe5 View Post
    Ever think of storing some of your Google Play on your phone? This way you wouldn't have to stream all the time.
    Some of it is on my Phone but the point i was getting at is that people are saying just throw XXX on googel music or online. All that does is make you eat more data which mean Verizon will make more money from you sooner or later. A 16gb phone without a sd card slot is not conducive to my (and most others) lifestyle. Unfortunately I do not have WiFi at my job. So thats 8 hours that I could be streaming a day.This of course doesn't include anything my wife has done which can me 100 megs to a little over 2 gig depending on her mood.
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    I assumed that was a Share Everything plan. When I look at the Plans section of the VZW site, I see two options: Share Everything and Prepaid. So, I always thought we're eventually getting stuck with a Share Everything plan whether we have 1 device or 10 on our accounts.

I wish I could pay retail; just not in the cards right now. So, I am slowly swallowing VZW's bitter pill.

As of now, if you have a family share or individual plan, you can keep it. If you have unlimited data and want to keep it , then you cannot upgrade on 2 year subsidized upgrade pricing, but can pay full retail, buy used, cpo, or any other source.

If you choose to upgrade via 2 year subsidized pricing, then you will have to switch to tiered data, but you would not be forced to a share everything plan.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,099 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    As of now, if you have a family share or individual plan, you can keep it. If you have unlimited data and want to keep it , then you cannot upgrade on 2 year subsidized upgrade pricing, but can pay full retail, buy used, cpo, or any other source.

If you choose to upgrade via 2 year subsidized pricing, then you will have to switch to tiered data, but you would not be forced to a share everything plan.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock
    Good to know, hopefully the same thing still applies in April, when I am up for a new phone!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Some of it is on my Phone but the point i was getting at is that people are saying just throw XXX on googel music or online. All that does is make you eat more data which mean Verizon will make more money from you sooner or later. A 16gb phone without a sd card slot is not conducive to my (and most others) lifestyle. Unfortunately I do not have WiFi at my job. So thats 8 hours that I could be streaming a day.This of course doesn't include anything my wife has done which can me 100 megs to a little over 2 gig depending on her mood.
    I said the same thing in one of the many 16gb is all you need threads. Pretty much got called a fool for wanting more. I am on unlimited, going to sprint for more unlimited, and I still want to carry around 50gb of my own stuff...

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast