Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Re: DNA HERE!!

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I said the same thing in one of the many 16gb is all you need threads. Pretty much got called a fool for wanting more. I am on unlimited, going to sprint for more unlimited, and I still want to carry around 50gb of my own stuff...

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    You guys really make me want to develop a DLNA server in a thumb drive. 50GB of stuff... I use about 100GB of online "cloud" storage via dropbox, my personal websites, and Google's various services. I couldn't imagine going back to relying on an SD Card(especially since mine have fried so easily)
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    You guys really make me want to develop a DLNA server in a thumb drive. 50GB of stuff... I use about 100GB of online "cloud" storage via dropbox, my personal websites, and Google's various services. I couldn't imagine going back to relying on an SD Card(especially since mine have fried so easily)
    I do too, but I still like having my stuff right here sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by twolastnames View Post
    Ohh, and any word on USB hosting? Even though it would **** me off to no end, using a USB stick would be a crappy option to help with the memory. I know HTC is not keen on USB hosting, but one can hope.
    It seems to work

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Wait... USB Hosting works out of the box (with the correct cable, I assume)??? So I could plug it into a powered hub in my car with a 64GB thumb drive also attached, it will charge and access the thumb drive (full of music) and I can BT to the car stereo all at the same time???
    Out of the box, there is even a section in the 'storage' menu for 'usb storage'
    DNA HERE!!-2012-11-15-23.59.07.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
    Those of you with the DNA and the rezound can you give us the dbm numbers between the two? Also this battery life you guys speak of is any of it on wifi or is it on LTE, then next since it was stated you guys were given the phones to test and play with in order to answer questions and help HTC with marketing this phone it makes one leery of if all is being 100% truthful or maybe best to say being conservative over some of the real world use. We all know HTC is in some financial difficulties and this could be there savior and again it could be what kills them. What we all wish for is real/world results and honest facts. Not saying any of you are being dishonest just don't wanna hear a sales pitch to buy this phone when in reality my rezound works flawlessly
    My rezound works flawlessly as well. And yes, the DNA was free.... BUT the battery screen shots I posted here, and on my thread here: are me using the phone with wifi, without wifi, and one run through using a bit of both...

Yes, I love this phone but facts are facts, I am completely impressed with this phone's battery life. It isn't as good as the 2750 I had in my rezound but that thing was a BRICK! LOL

Those of you with the DNA and the rezound can you give us the dbm numbers between the two? Also this battery life you guys speak of is any of it on wifi or is it on LTE, then next since it was stated you guys were given the phones to test and play with in order to answer questions and help HTC with marketing this phone it makes one leery of if all is being 100% truthful or maybe best to say being conservative over some of the real world use. We all know HTC is in some financial difficulties and this could be there savior and again it could be what kills them. What we all wish for is real/world results and honest facts. Not saying any of you are being dishonest just don't wanna hear a sales pitch to buy this phone when in reality my rezound works flawlessly
    I was one of lucky ones. We were given the phones to help generate some buzz. For me I would feel funny saying anything bad about the phone, luckily, there are not too many negatives - the biggest negative to me is storage space (you may actually need to manage it).

The battery life (coming from a rezound) is outstanding, truly amazing.The battery size has a lot of people concerned, and, given HTC's track record, they are skeptical. I would be too, if I didn't have one in hand. The rated standby time and usage times for the DNA are quite a bit better than the rezound.

Honestly, if you are happy with the rezound, I would keep it. I know I would have kept mine. My plan was to wait until my upgrade was up, and then, evaluate all of the current models to see if there was something significantly better. The DNA comes really close (either more internal memory, or a SD card slot and, it would have been really terrific). The DNA is much more energy efficient than the rezound, and, I think we can look forward to more phones that are more energy efficient. If you were not in the mode to immediately upgrade, I would wait. There is always something better coming. But, if you are looking in the near futue, I think the DNA deserves top consideration.
    NightAngel79 likes this.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Phone Scoop touts this thing as the current top dog amongst all phones and coming just short of saying that it will save HTC... Note about battery life is the reviewer tried to kill it in a day and was unsuccessful, but take it with a grain of salt. And made only minor mention of the storage space being small.

Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

Heavy users beware, The verge said that their battery life test was about 4.5 hours.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Heavy users beware, The verge said that their battery life test was about 4.5 hours.

I believe it. A battery that size is not going to last long if you're doing anything 'smart' with the smartphone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMi-X)

No SD card? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Phone Scoop touts this thing as the current top dog amongst all phones and coming just short of saying that it will save HTC... Note about battery life is the reviewer tried to kill it in a day and was unsuccessful, but take it with a grain of salt. And made only minor mention of the storage space being small.

I think the recent settlement with Apple is what will save HTC. Now they can create without being sued.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by pcabe5 View Post
    I think the recent settlement with Apple is what will save HTC. Now they can create without being sued.
    Even though I do not have an HTC, I would like to see them put the stuff back in that they had to take out

Thanked by:
    pcabe5 

Re-looking at this I think the only thing that would bother me is the size. My Rezound can fit inside my wife's Spectrums screen and its screen is 4.5" vs 4.3" on the Rezound so you can see how a seemingly small size difference is actually quite large. Holding hers I find it a big phone and about as large as I would go and the DNA at 5" might be way to big. Be like talking on a tablet to my head. But this is just my preferences as I could live with the memory and battery.

Quote Originally Posted by pcabe5 View Post
    Re-looking at this I think the only thing that would bother me is the size. My Rezound can fit inside my wife's Spectrums screen and its screen is 4.5" vs 4.3" on the Rezound so you can see how a seemingly small size difference is actually quite large. Holding hers I find it a big phone and about as large as I would go and the DNA at 5" might be way to big. Be like talking on a tablet to my head. But this is just my preferences as I could live with the memory and battery.
    Isn't that why they sell Bluetooth devices to keep from holding a phone to your ear? It cracks me up when folks talk about how will they hold such phones to there ear when talking on there phone.

Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I had this discussion somewhere around here already. I though 4.3 would be my top too, but got used to the 4.8 real quick, and five isn't that far off

Isn't that why they sell Bluetooth devices to keep from holding a phone to your ear? It cracks me up when folks talk about how will they hold such phones to there ear when talking on there phone.

Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2
    Bluetooth ear pieces aren't for everyone. I still chuckle a bit when I see a yuppy 'talking to himself' as it appears.

Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Thanked by:
    pcabe5 
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  
    Lovin' My Phone

~Janet~

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    The DNA lasted a meager four hours and 25 minutes in the Verge Battery Test, which cycles through a series of websites and high-res images with the screen at 65 percent brightness. In daily use, it frequently tapped out long before the day was over. Its certainly a phone that requires a trip to the battery charger at least once, possibly even twice, during the day to make it to the evening.

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Is it safe to hide out here for awhile? The iNexus cult is after me...

pcabe5 and skatergirl like this.

Grab a bottle of hooch & lay low at the beach house. I'll send cousin Tony to settle it for ya...

(just finished watching Boardwalk Empire - put me in that kind of mood. hehe)

Good night.

Thanked by:
    pcabe5 
    skatergirl and acejavelin like this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #94  
    Lovin' My Phone

Oh my gosh, Piiza .... you got my Monday off to a great start!! This truly is the place of refuge
    ~Janet~
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #95  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    Grab a bottle of hooch & lay low at the beach house. I'll send cousin Tony to settle it for ya...

(just finished watching Boardwalk Empire - put me in that kind of mood. hehe)

Good night.

Too funny TBotl!! I have not watched last night's Empire yet. Is Nuckie still in a fog?
    ~Janet~
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #96  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post

I seriously don't see how that DNA battery is ever going to compare to that of the Razr Maxx, and this review says the same thing. I get that the technology is improved, but the DNA battery is closer to the Rezound battery than the Maxx battery. If there was not a Maxx living in my house, I would not believe it's ability. It's incredible.
    ~Janet~

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Are you still on unlimited? I can't afford to buy my next phones outright. Hence why i'll be forced to a limited data plan in Jan. Hence why size of device or sd card is better for me
    Last edited by Major Payne; 11-19-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4

Call me when the 64gb version comes out, or a version with an sd slot, otherwise this thing is a big failure by HTC. I was really looking for a winner from HTC too - but they seem to be really short sighted lately...

Why does AT&T get a One X+ with 64gb and Verizion gets 16gb for the DNA?
    HTC 8525 > BB Storm1 > HTC Droid Incredible > HTC REZOUND

ROM
    Viper

And other places are saying it has great battery life. Better than gs3.

I'm not saying it does or does not, but I am saying that until we get some in the hands or real world users we will not know. The screen tech is far to new to know for sure what kinds of effects it will have on battery.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    Too funny TBotl!! I have not watched last night's Empire yet. Is Nuckie still in a fog?
    Nuckie is making a comeback -- you just can't keep that man down for long!
    Thanked by:
    skatergirl likes this.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast