Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree44Likes

Default Re: DNA HERE!!

Radio Shack has the DNA priced at $149. Shortcomings aside, that's a lot of phone for $149.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #127  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by csl810 View Post
    Radio Shack has the DNA priced at $149. Shortcomings aside, that's a lot of phone for $149.
    It's not so much the price of the phone as it is burning the upgrade on a phone that falls short in some eyes.
    ~Janet~

Well I will be jumping the HTC ship. March I upgrade. Swallowing my words. I hope the Samsung signal will work in cave creek. Past phone did not fair well. I will give it the test come march. Either the S3 or the note.

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

ROM
    Viper

I just found out there is an upgrade on my plan(not mine of course;-)). This phone is more than tempting...

Won't happen, but I can dream can't I. It's just so sexy

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
    skatergirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    Well I will be jumping the HTC ship. March I upgrade. Swallowing my words. I hope the Samsung signal will work in cave creek. Past phone did not fair well. I will give it the test come march. Either the S3 or the note.

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    Gotta believe another model will be introduced more to your liking by then. Don't know when the LG Optimus Blaze will be introduced, but it has the chance to be the top contender on Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
    Well got this news directly from HTC.

Dear James Phillips,

Unfortunately, the J Butterfly will not function on Verizonís network. The J Butterfly is a GSM device and Verizon is a CDMA network. As for purchasing a J Butterfly, since this is not sold in the US you will need to search online to find this device.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, James.

from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2
    The j butterfly uses the same radio as the dna, and reportedly same as the sixth gen iPhone. This radio is cdma/gsm/lte. So hardware wise, it would work. Now, firmware and software may or may not support it, but it could in theory be reprogrammed if one had the skills.

The radio is not on the same chip as the cpu on the dna, same as the Thunderbolt and Rezound. Phones like the gs3,one x have the radios onboard the cpu chip.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I wonder if the j would work with AT&T

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by pcabe5 View Post
    Re-looking at this I think the only thing that would bother me is the size. My Rezound can fit inside my wife's Spectrums screen and its screen is 4.5" vs 4.3" on the Rezound so you can see how a seemingly small size difference is actually quite large. Holding hers I find it a big phone and about as large as I would go and the DNA at 5" might be way to big. Be like talking on a tablet to my head. But this is just my preferences as I could live with the memory and battery.
    To eat my own words....I was looking at the SG3 this weekend and it is not as big as I thought. So if the DNA is similar it won't be as big as I thought. The phone does look impressive. I can live with the memory and if the battery is really improved I may pick one up after some more reviews are in.

Quote Originally Posted by pcabe5 View Post
    To eat my own words....I was looking at the SG3 this weekend and it is not as big as I thought. So if the DNA is similar it won't be as big as I thought. The phone does look impressive. I can live with the memory and if the battery is really improved I may pick one up after some more reviews are in.
    S4 chips are pretty efficient compared to s3. Compared to the rezound, the dna should have substantially better battery life. If battery life for heavy usage between charges is a major concern, I would suggest a phone with a removable battery or at least a 3000mah+ battery on a current chip.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:
    pcabe5 
    skatergirl likes this.

If you live in a fringe area be sure you compare the dBm signal on the DNA to your Rezound. I found in my area the DNA signal streength was a good -10 dBm weaker than my rezound and for me thats the difference of a signal and no signal where I live.

ROM
    Viper

Ok so finally got to use one today. Holly crap the thing is smooth. No dropped frames at all and everything was instant. Of course the screen was beautiful as well. HTC just make phones that feel awesome in the hand! 5" screen and feels not much larger than my rebound.

Needless to say I want one:-)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

I played with one yesterday, it didn't feel awkward in my hand at all. I'll have mine on Monday.
    HTC One (Blue)
    HTC One (Silver)
    HTC Droid DNA Employee Edition 00960
    HTC Droid Incredible 4G

Pretty impressive phone. Love the display, but worry about having that large a screen and apps that are not set up for that size.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

It's a shame the phone has a locked battery & so little storage space.

The fact that it's SIM unlocked makes the DNA a world phone, essentially, correct?
    The Droid DNA is SIM-unlocked (that means it works on AT&T)
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456