DNA HERE!!

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Me too. Really disappointed by these two things.

Edit: not as much size of battery but non-removable. I don't like that if the battery fries, the whole device is garbage.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

I agree that would be a major problem as well

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
The specs look great, I will have to see how the size feels compared to my rezound, but like others, I don't like not having the SD card. I have currently between 10-12 gigs combined, but I have been behind on updating my music, and my collection files get updates every week with pictures, there are several gigs just for that part. The battery I am not too worried about, I just charge my rezound as needed now anyway.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am probably going to hold off for a bit on this phone to see what happens.

Like everyone else, I am concerned about the battery. In comparing specs, the Razr Maxx says it can get up to 32 hours of use. That is a big claim, but there is a Razr Maxx in my house and that battery is a beast. It says the DNA gets 12.5 hours of use.

I was really disappointed to see the small battery in this new phone. I was really hoping that the other manufactures would have taken a clue from Motorola and hunkered down with long lasting batteries. HTC has obviously not gotten that clue yet. I also have concerns about no SD card. If I get this phone, I am burning a family member's upgrade and so it is risky for me to act now. Perhaps HTC will redesign, like Motorola did with the Razr, and fix this battery and SD issue. That being said, why would a company put all this effort into a new high end phone and come up short on two crucial basic specs?

There are reason why HTC is in the crapper financially and this here is a prime example.

P.S. And just the mere fact that this phone has been compared to an iPhone by some has me wanting to run for the hills!!

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I should note that HTC gave us the phones, with the desire that we answer as many questions as possible. From the comments, I have seen HTC needs some help to re-build their reputation, particularly around battery life. While a bigger battery would seem to be a requirement, I think HTC went for an optimized size. People are claiming the 2020 battery is too small, but, I think they need to give it a try before slamming it.

I would also agree with holding off on the battery complaints until actual testing. Sense4 uses almost no battery on standby on my Rezound, and that is on a hacked together version of it. My phone also runs substantially cooler on Sense4 than on any other rom... A LOT cooler. If this phone was over 10mm thick, they would have been crucified for an outdated design blah blah blah. Remember that from a year ago? "With the iPhone, Razr and Gnex under 9mm, the Rezound is a thick piece of crap". I think that was a direct quote.

Feel free to though to kill them with the storage. I would not care so much but play music is so bad, and I'm not a fan of Amazon Mp3 either (even though this is were I buy all my music).

If I may ask, how is the resolution? I know it sounds like the bomb, but can you tell a difference. I kind of wanna say you should not be able to, but I'm quite curious. I'm sure the screen tech makes it quite better (laminated digitizer, etc), anything else amazing about that screen?

Also, are any of the Android quirks gone? I notice the stock browser crashing in all roms and Sense won't keep it's own widgets in memory, and they will take a few seconds to load when you hit the home screen, any of that? Some of these things are driving me nuts about Android in general, and then my brother goes and gets a Lumia 920 and starts telling me how WP8 is the Beez Neez and has found exactly zero bugs. Am hoping for good news on the bug report, as I'm pretty sure BB or WP8 is in my future if they are finished OS's.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Ohh, and any word on USB hosting? Even though it would piss me off to no end, using a USB stick would be a crappy option to help with the memory. I know HTC is not keen on USB hosting, but one can hope.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I am gonna say about battery is that size is getting less important.

My sgs3 pulled down 17 hours I think the other day with 8+ hours of screen time. Granted I am running a form of AOKP, but sense should not make it that much worse.

I have a screenie somewhere if doubts come up. Android and the tech behind it is becoming more efficient.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I am gonna say about battery is that size is getting less important.

My sgs3 pulled down 17 hours I think the other day with 8+ hours of screen time. Granted I am running a form of AOKP, but sense should not make it that much worse.

I have a screenie somewhere if doubts come up. Android and the tech behind it is becoming more efficient.

Hey I thought you went to sgs3 and sold it and went back to the rezound. What did I miss.

If you live be reviews the sgs3 doesn't sound to good either. Lots of bad phones.

Now that HTC and Apple settled maybe HTC will come out with even better phones.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey I thought you went to sgs3 and sold it and went back to the rezound. What did I miss.

If you live be reviews the sgs3 doesn't sound to good either. Lots of bad phones.

Now that HTC and Apple settled maybe HTC will come out with even better phones.

Then I went back to the sgs.. Made money outta the whole deal..

The sgs3 is excellent.... Now I am going to sprint so I can do my third sgs tour, note 2, or outside lg Optimus g.

I will also get to tinker with an evo and photon q... So yeah I am all geek hyped

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
No SD? I love my music and photos. I have favorite CD's on the SD card.
That's a deal breaker for me

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

ohiwastedmylife

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
HOW DO YOU LIVE WITH 11 GB OF SPACE???!!!!!!!!!! Ever go on a long commute? An airplane ride? A part of the country with no service? A part of the world with no service? Storage is essential if you rely on your phone for anything. They push this phone as if photographers would use it, photographers shoot 10's of GB's of photos in a single shoot.

Seriously I have been waiting 8+ months for this device and I was floored to hear that it does not support an external SD card. The HTC Butterfly J, the phone that this is an exact copy of, allows for 32GB of external storage. I was 100% sure they would not change it but guess what they did! This makes no sense considering the One X+ has 64GB onboard option. I am not a conspiracy theorist but Verizon has to have intentionally pushed HTC to remove onboard storage in order to get people to pay their rediculous data fees, if they are lucky they get $15/GB for overages! Regardless of cloud storage or not, most high end games run at 1GB or more + they constantly are saving data files that build up over time. I really really want this device but I do not want to have to remove apps on a weekly basis in order to function. I can use CD's for music, read my news on my desktop, but even with just using the phone for games it still does not have enough. I am wondering if they are going to do a push in December with an addition white unit + extra storage space. I so badly want to give HTC my money but I think I have to go with the Note 2. With the Note 2 I can get nearly 100GB of space (64GB of HIGH speed SD card) and also have the battery removable in-case I need to. I have had the original Droid Incredible since day 1 and I am so bummmmmmmmmmed. /rant

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
HOW DO YOU LIVE WITH 11 GB OF SPACE???!!!!!!!!!! Ever go on a long commute? An airplane ride? A part of the country with no service? A part of the world with no service? Storage is essential if you rely on your phone for anything. They push this phone as if photographers would use it, photographers shoot 10's of GB's of photos in a single shoot.

11 is fine if your a photographer, it's music, movies and apps. I "shoot" semi professionally, and a 750 shot wedding at 12mp is less than 5 gigs (jpeg, not raw). I agree 16 is to small, but if I used this just for photo's, it would actually be overkill. I don't like huge cards because it's to slow loading 5,000 photos into windows preview every time you plug it in.

I do on the other hand have 24GB's of just music on a 64GB card, so I can see 32GB's to be fine for a music hound. Movies, I can't tell you, but I really can't stand watching movies, even on my tablet.

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
After using a 3200Mah battery for so long I am finding it extremely hard to go back to anything less. I cannot bear to think of living constantly worrying about my battery life again. As awesome as all of these new phones are I can't bring myself to even consider a 2000Mah size battery. My Rezound does everything I want it too and I will not even think of switching unless the new phone has a decent battery and cooks me pancakes and eggs in the evening :p

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
After using a 3200Mah battery for so long I am finding it extremely hard to go back to anything less. I cannot bear to think of living constantly worrying about my battery life again. As awesome as all of these new phones are I can't bring myself to even consider a 2000Mah size battery. My Rezound does everything I want it too and I will not even think of switching unless the new phone has a decent battery and cooks me pancakes and eggs in the evening :p

I hear ya and fully understand having done it and worried about it myself.

Trust me, it isn't a concern. My 2100 holds up better than the extended with the rezound

Edit: I am at 13hrs now, 33% left and 77% of the drain was onscreen time

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Pure Spec Comparison: HTC Droid DNA vs Samsung Galaxy Note II vs Samsung Galaxy S3 specs comparison

The pixel density really sticks out, but we knew that. There is also a higher clock speed on the RAM (makes a difference in speed) and a bit newer GPU.

Can someone give me a laymans explanation of aperture size? Is smaller better?

I don't think it's that easy, but generally bigger is better. We're talking apertures here people...get your mind out of the gutter. The more light allowed to hit the image sensor the more balanced your picture quality will be.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Janet,
Which power pack are you using. I can't stand this swithching batteries 3 times a day.
Thanks

Eleni ... I have never used it but it is called incredi charge and I don't remember it being all that expensive. Maybe $30 or something like that.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Pure Spec Comparison: HTC Droid DNA vs Samsung Galaxy Note II vs Samsung Galaxy S III specs comparison

The pixel density really sticks out, but we knew that. There is also a higher clock speed on the RAM (makes a difference in speed) and a bit newer GPU.

Can someone give me a laymans explanation of aperture size? Is smaller better?

Smaller is better on aperture, bigger is better for sensor size. Aperture is amount of light a lens lets through it. Every full f number lower = twice asmuch light through. Under f2 things get very hard to make. For example, a cannon 50mm f1. 8 lens is only a hundred bucks. But a 50mm f1. 2 is over a grand. Sensor size is getting to be more important than all things in camera phones. 12mp photos dont mean jack when the sensor is as small as they are.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Smaller is better on aperture, bigger is better for sensor size. Aperture is amount of light a lens lets through it. Every full f number lower = twice asmuch light through. Under f2 things get very hard to make. For example, a cannon 50mm f1. 8 lens is only a hundred bucks. But a 50mm f1. 2 is over a grand. Sensor size is getting to be more important than all things in camera phones. 12mp photos dont mean jack when the sensor is as small as they are.

this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae