DNA HERE!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Heavy users beware, The verge said that their battery life test was about 4.5 hours.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Heavy users beware, The verge said that their battery life test was about 4.5 hours.

I believe it. A battery that size is not going to last long if you're doing anything 'smart' with the smartphone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Phone Scoop touts this thing as the current top dog amongst all phones and coming just short of saying that it will save HTC... Note about battery life is the reviewer tried to kill it in a day and was unsuccessful, but take it with a grain of salt. And made only minor mention of the storage space being small.

Review: HTC Droid DNA for Verizon Wireless (Phone Scoop)

I think the recent settlement with Apple is what will save HTC. Now they can create without being sued.

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Re-looking at this I think the only thing that would bother me is the size. My Rezound can fit inside my wife's Spectrums screen and its screen is 4.5" vs 4.3" on the Rezound so you can see how a seemingly small size difference is actually quite large. Holding hers I find it a big phone and about as large as I would go and the DNA at 5" might be way to big. Be like talking on a tablet to my head. But this is just my preferences as I could live with the memory and battery.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Re-looking at this I think the only thing that would bother me is the size. My Rezound can fit inside my wife's Spectrums screen and its screen is 4.5" vs 4.3" on the Rezound so you can see how a seemingly small size difference is actually quite large. Holding hers I find it a big phone and about as large as I would go and the DNA at 5" might be way to big. Be like talking on a tablet to my head. But this is just my preferences as I could live with the memory and battery.

Isn't that why they sell Bluetooth devices to keep from holding a phone to your ear? It cracks me up when folks talk about how will they hold such phones to there ear when talking on there phone.

Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I had this discussion somewhere around here already. I though 4.3 would be my top too, but got used to the 4.8 real quick, and five isn't that far off

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Isn't that why they sell Bluetooth devices to keep from holding a phone to your ear? It cracks me up when folks talk about how will they hold such phones to there ear when talking on there phone.

Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2

Bluetooth ear pieces aren't for everyone. I still chuckle a bit when I see a yuppy 'talking to himself' as it appears. :)

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

The DNA lasted a meager four hours and 25 minutes in the Verge Battery Test, which cycles through a series of websites and high-res images with the screen at 65 percent brightness. In daily use, it frequently tapped out long before the day was over. It?s certainly a phone that requires a trip to the battery charger at least once, possibly even twice, during the day to make it to the evening.

a2a7yga9.jpg

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Is it safe to hide out here for awhile? The iNexus cult is after me...

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Grab a bottle of hooch & lay low at the beach house. I'll send cousin Tony to settle it for ya...

(just finished watching Boardwalk Empire - put me in that kind of mood. hehe)

Good night.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Grab a bottle of hooch & lay low at the beach house. I'll send cousin Tony to settle it for ya...

(just finished watching Boardwalk Empire - put me in that kind of mood. hehe)

Good night.

Too funny TBotl!! I have not watched last night's Empire yet. Is Nuckie still in a fog?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/19/a2a7yga9.jpg

I seriously don't see how that DNA battery is ever going to compare to that of the Razr Maxx, and this review says the same thing. I get that the technology is improved, but the DNA battery is closer to the Rezound battery than the Maxx battery. If there was not a Maxx living in my house, I would not believe it's ability. It's incredible.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
You guys really make me want to develop a DLNA server in a thumb drive. 50GB of stuff... I use about 100GB of online "cloud" storage via dropbox, my personal websites, and Google's various services. I couldn't imagine going back to relying on an SD Card(especially since mine have fried so easily)

Are you still on unlimited? I can't afford to buy my next phones outright. Hence why i'll be forced to a limited data plan in Jan. Hence why size of device or sd card is better for me

Last edited:

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Call me when the 64gb version comes out, or a version with an sd slot, otherwise this thing is a big failure by HTC. I was really looking for a winner from HTC too - but they seem to be really short sighted lately...

Why does AT&T get a One X+ with 64gb and Verizion gets 16gb for the DNA?

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

And other places are saying it has great battery life. Better than gs3.

I'm not saying it does or does not, but I am saying that until we get some in the hands or real world users we will not know. The screen tech is far to new to know for sure what kinds of effects it will have on battery.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW