DNA HERE!!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you still on unlimited? I can't afford to buy my next phones outright. Hence why i'll be forced to a limited data plan in Jan. Hence why size of device or sd card is better for me

Still on unlimited. I don't plan on leaving it any time soon. If anything I'll ditch for prepaid, but I'm not letting Verizon beat me for that one last thing...I use far too much data to go "limited"

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
And other places are saying it has great battery life. Better than gs3.

I'm not saying it does or does not, but I am saying that until we get some in the hands or real world users we will not know. The screen tech is far to new to know for sure what kinds of effects it will have on battery.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

I never said it had bad battery life. There are so many variables in battery life. 4.5 hours of constant screen on is not bad at all, sometimes I get less than that on my gs3. The biggest complaint battery wise is that it is non removable and not so large. It isn't small either but it certainly isn't maxx size.
The dna may have better battery life than the GSIII, but the gs3 can accommodate extended battery and/or battery swap. As I said earlier, on my rezound, i had 3 extended batteries and a standard battery. I can only speak for my personal needs, everyone's needs are different.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy SIII

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you still on unlimited? I can't afford to buy my next phones outright. Hence why i'll be forced to a limited data plan in Jan. Hence why size of device or sd card is better for me

There are other options like buying used,cpo, or using an upgrade from another line.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm not saying it does or does not, but I am saying that until we get some in the hands or real world users we will not know. The screen tech is far to new to know for sure what kinds of effects it will have on battery.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

here is a review from Androidpolice DROID DNA Battery Life Impressions: It's Not Nearly As Bad As You Think (With Stats, Methodology)

I think The Verge did the DNA a big disservice by not publishing a chart to show how the DNA compared to other phones. As for the battery life of 4.5 hours, that was a stress test they ran on the DNA. I think that most of the early users can agree on the that number. If they ran the same test on the rezound, I think it might get over 2 hours on the std battery and about 4 hrs on the extended battery. Try using your rezound for 15 minutes, and, check how much your battery ran down. The big advantage the DNA has over the rezound is that with the DNA, you could probably use the DNA for 15 minutes at a shot, and, do it for 16 hours. The rezound with the std battery would probably give up at about 8 hours, and, the extended at 12. There is a reason almost every rezound owner has chargers at work, in the car, and, at home, I know I did.

The DNA is a great phone, but, it not the ultimate phone, that some users were hoping for. To me, the battery life is not an issue, it is fine. The issue would be the 16 GB. If they offered 32 GB, and, 64 GB models, HTC would have had a sure fire hit. For those who still desire a SD card slot, see post 128 from http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...straight-htc-usa-why-no-sd-slot-exists-6.html

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Personally, I think the DNA battery optimism is just fueled by blogger buzz bull . Ultimately, every blogger has some interest in pushing phones. I guarantee it ... you give any one of us that DNA, we will kill that battery in no time. All these claims of "we just couldn't kill the battery during testing" is marketing b.s - makes me laugh every time.

With every feature on (the way I like it), I can kill my Rez's extended battery in a few hours. No way you can tell me that a smaller battery powering a bigger screen is going to serve everyone for a full day. The OS & hardware isn't efficient enough to pull that kind of miracle, imho.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Used is a toss up it could be a great looking phone and be eff'd up.
CPO will have to wait 6 month most likley for a Note 2 but even those will be in the 400 range i bet
Upgrade from another line. This still will force me to change the data plan.

now don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind the 16 gig if I could keep the unlimited plan

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link. The author pointed out a real truth -- if you're into games (not me) or video (me), nothing other than the biggest batteries will work.

The 3000+ batteries are where it's at for me.

I am in a similar boat. The dna just doesn't cut it for heavy users. For moderate users, i am sure it will be fine. The dna might be slightly better than the GSIII stock, but. I doubt that it would be better than gs3 with a 4400mah battery.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link. The author pointed out a real truth -- if you're into games (not me) or video (me), nothing other than the biggest batteries will work.

The 3000+ batteries are where it's at for me.

I use my camera a lot and my next phone is going to have a really large battery, especially if it is non-removable, because nothing drains a battery like the camera. The day my phone took that lovely swim at the zoo, I'd already changed my battery after about three hours because of pictures. If I am at an event for say six hours and I want to take pictures, I would have to carry a battery pack (very inconvenient) with a 2020 battery.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Where and how can we buy the jbutterfly? I'm gonna assume that the phone will work on Verizon's network?

Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2

The DNA is the jbutterfly. It is available for pre-order now on Verizon's web site.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I use my camera a lot and my next phone is going to have a really large battery, especially if it is non-removable, because nothing drains a battery like the camera. The day my phone took that lovely swim at the zoo, I'd already changed my battery after about three hours because of pictures. If I am at an event for say six hours and I want to take pictures, I would have to carry a battery pack (very inconvenient) with a 2020 battery.

I take it you are not considering the DNA, then? I shoot pics & video, too. Def. a reason to avoid a non-removable battery.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I take it you are not considering the DNA, then? I shoot pics & video, too. Def. a reason to avoid a non-removable battery.

I was considering, but not with that battery or lack of SD card. I love taking pictures and so battery and storage is important.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
The DNA is the jbutterfly. It is available for pre-order now on Verizon's web site.

No the DNA is actually a watered down version of the J Butteryfly, the J has a 2500 mah battery and a sd card slot where as the DNA has a 2020 mah battery and no memory expansion. This is why I'm wanting to know if the J will work with Verizon as if it does ill purchase it over the DNA

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
No the DNA is actually a watered down version of the J Butteryfly, the J has a 2500 mah battery and a sd card slot where as the DNA has a 2020 mah battery and no memory expansion. This is why I'm wanting to know if the J will work with Verizon as if it does ill purchase it over the DNA

The HTC j butterfly has the same size battery as the DNA so the only difference is the SD slot

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
For a brief moment today I was looking at the Optimus G. Good price for the specs (on sale) then I took a picture with it and compared it side by side with the same picture from my sgs3. It wasn't terrible but it was certainly worse. Just proves mp are everything

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Well or sooped version of the dna. The Internet says that the butterfly was derived from the dna, not the other way around. But regardless...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I was considering, but not with that battery or lack of SD card. I love taking pictures and so battery and storage is important.

Looks like we may be waiting for the SGS4. Samsung may miss a few things but does cover most of the bases better than anyone else.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol