Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 139
Like Tree44Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,311 Posts

    Default DNA HERE!!

    ~Janet~
    Thanked by:
    pcabe5 
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,311 Posts

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    Holy cow I want this phone!! My only concern is the battery size ... HELLO HTC!? It is non removable and only 2020mAH, not near the capacity of the Razr Maxx. Other than that, this phone looks amazing. I promised myself not to steal a family member's upgrade and not get a new phone until September, but phones for me are like crack to drug addicts and I just don't know how I am going to sit back and not get this phone if I hear anything at all about this battery being good.

    Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY ACEJAVELIN!! Go buy yourself a new birthday present phone!!
    ~Janet~
  3. #3  

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    I was lucky, and, got an early release. The battery life is outstanding! As a rezound owner, it is quite an adjustment to not reach for charger. When the DNA is not in use, it uses very little power. I am down to 67% battery life after 3:22 uptime. (I started with 92%) While this may not sound very good, I was streaming music via Google Music for about 40 minutes. Playing with youtube, and, messing around with the camera, and, facebook.. I have gone over a day without re-charging. The DNA will outlast a rezound (with std battery) by a huge margin.
    Thanked by:
    ApexPredation and skatergirl like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,311 Posts

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bellken View Post
    I was lucky, and, got an early release. The battery life is outstanding! As a rezound owner, it is quite an adjustment to not reach for charger. When the DNA is not in use, it uses very little power. I am down to 67% battery life after 3:22 uptime. (I started with 92%) While this may not sound very good, I was streaming music via Google Music for about 40 minutes. Playing with youtube, and, messing around with the camera, and, facebook.. I have gone over a day without re-charging. The DNA will outlast a rezound (with std battery) by a huge margin.
    That is awesome news about the battery. How did you get an early release? How long have you had it? And basicially you are saying that you had the screen up and running for those three-plus hours?
    ~Janet~
  5. #5  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Well even though I cannot get this beast, I wouldn't anyway. I cannot put the n4 down and praise the dna when they both have the same flaws. Non removable battery and no sdcard makes me want to break out the sad panda picture again....

    I like the way it was phrased on the review... '16gb because that is the way verizon wants it'

    Yes I know they are in it all to make money, but that sounds like they want to force data overages by limiting the internal storage and forcing you to the cloud

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,311 Posts

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Well even though I cannot get this beast, I wouldn't anyway. I cannot put the n4 down and praise the dna when they both have the same flaws. Non removable battery and no sdcard makes me want to break out the sad panda picture again....

    I like the way it was phrased on the review... '16gb because that is the way verizon wants it'

    Yes I know they are in it all to make money, but that sounds like they want to force data overages by limiting the internal storage and forcing you to the cloud

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Thank you Piiza for weighing in. Of course the battery issue has me concerned and although I don't think the SD card is a big issue for me, I did find it troublesome that there is no SD card slot.
    ~Janet~
  7. #7  
    TheAutoMomma's Avatar

    Posts
    149 Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Countershrike v. 2.3A

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Well even though I cannot get this beast, I wouldn't anyway. I cannot put the n4 down and praise the dna when they both have the same flaws. Non removable battery and no sdcard makes me want to break out the sad panda picture again....

    I like the way it was phrased on the review... '16gb because that is the way verizon wants it'

    Yes I know they are in it all to make money, but that sounds like they want to force data overages by limiting the internal storage and forcing you to the cloud

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm with you here. I think it's a gorgeous device, and I would love to have it... If it had expandable memory and removable battery. I just can't see using the cloud for everything. Even if it came with 32gb storage I could live with it, but I had a 16gb iphone for a little while, and filled that thing full in no time flat. I just can't see complaining about it in one device but forgiving it in another just because it's a manufacturer I like. I've always held up expandable memory as one reason Android phones excel over Apple phones and removable battery, too. I can't just suddenly say those things don't matter anymore because the company making the phone is one I like. I'm feeling pretty sad panda myself.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 3:
    Tinostre and skatergirl like this.
  8. #8  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    You know as time goes by and I am seeing the costs and size of those portable power packs coming down, not to mention external battery cases, I am giving a bit on the battery thing. I am not there yet, but I can be a bit flexible.

    The sdcard is a no go though. I have 96gb on my sgs with about 40 used. Could I trim that, sure I could, but why should I have to?

    I have also become a bit of a shutterbug with my sgs. Taking pictures left and right. With a 16 or even 32gb device, I would have to start throwing weekly phone maintenance into my routine and I just shouldn't have to.

    In another thread Phil or Jerry said 16 is good enough for 80%, I guess that isn't me...

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,311 Posts

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    You know as time goes by and I am seeing the costs and size of those portable power packs coming down, not to mention external battery cases, I am giving a bit on the battery thing. I am not there yet, but I can be a bit flexible.

    The sdcard is a no go though. I have 96gb on my sgs with about 40 used. Could I trim that, sure I could, but why should I have to?

    I have also become a bit of a shutterbug with my sgs. Taking pictures left and right. With a 16 or even 32gb device, I would have to start throwing weekly phone maintenance into my routine and I just shouldn't have to.

    In another thread Phil or Jerry said 16 is good enough for 80%, I guess that isn't me...

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I do have a power pack and I use dropbox for my pics and don't really like a bunch on my phone because they are just in the way. I might be a candidate for this beast!? Maybe I should give it a try to let you all know what it is like?
    ~Janet~
    Thanked by:
    TheAutoMomma likes this.
  10. #10  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    I use Dropbox too but you still have delete it off the sdcard

    Please do give us a review when you get it

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  11. #11  
    major payne's Avatar

    Posts
    843 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    I will be speaking to the wife tonight about this phone as I wanted to give her an option on her next phone with more advanced notice then her last. With it being slightly smaller in size she might not feel as much of a tard if she has to use the phone cause her bluetooth died. But battery life is going to be a challege. She does carry my 4000mh External battery in her purse which is smaller then most phones It'll be down to music and the lack of SD... Right now I HATE how motorola's (razr) default player (she wont switch) doesn't want to use the SD card so she is running slim on her music compared to what she could or woud like. I think that is what we have to think about. I plan on getting the same phone as she if it's still out when I decide to upgrade my Rezound. So I'm hoping she picks well
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4
  12. #12  

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    That is awesome news about the battery. How did you get an early release? How long have you had it? And basicially you are saying that you had the screen up and running for those three-plus hours?
    I got the phone through HTCelevate, they had an early release program, where 20 lucky members got to Droid DNA's. I have had it since Friday, and, while I can tell the battery life is way better than the rezound, I don't have any real numbers to quantify that. I will let the professional reviewers do that. With Jelly Bean, they change the battery counters, and, I haven't found a (haven't looked yet) app that would display the battery usage like they use to be displayed. To get an estimate of the my screen time I need to count and add the lines on a line graph (not a good method at all). I haven't ran a screen up time test yet. the 3 hours and change were system up time, and, currently, I am at 59% on 5:39 of boot time. So, my battery dropped 8% in about 2 hours of light usage.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Just a side note: The DNA runs cool. The highest temp, I have seen is about 35 C (fairly high usage). the coolest 17 C, just a little bit above ambient temperatures,when it used lightly.
    Thanked by:
  14. #14  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Maybe this shouldn't be a q&a on ya but what is different on sense 4+? Anything big?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  15. #15  
    TheAutoMomma's Avatar

    Posts
    149 Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Countershrike v. 2.3A

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    I do have a power pack and I use dropbox for my pics and don't really like a bunch on my phone because they are just in the way. I might be a candidate for this beast!? Maybe I should give it a try to let you all know what it is like?
    Get it and give us a review! I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on it as someone who really likes the Rezound. :thumbup:

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
  16. #16  

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    I have jumped from Sense 3.5 to 4+. I wasn't bothered by Sense, and, I don't mind touchwiz either. I am not the best person to say what is different on Sense, as, typically I use use computing devices, and, just deal with any short comings as they come. With that said, I didn't notice how smooth the DNA ran, but, using a Galaxy Note, I could tell a difference. A few apps don't quite work on the DNA, as, not apps support the 1080p screen. You will need HD version vs the regular Angry Birds Star Wars for instance.

    The things I noticed are: task manager is gone, the battery statistics are different. Merging my phone list was a pain(it could have been user error), but, I had a harder time of getting rid of duplicate contacts than I did with my Rezound. I was missing the menu button. Beats audio, if you care now, works with more apps, including Google Music and, YouTube.

    The big improvements to me(other that the screen) are battery life, battery temperature, camera, along with camera features, beats audio works with more apps. With a replaceable battery and sd card slot (or with 32 Gb, instead of 16) , this would be the ultimate phone, but, I think they opted out of these to make the phone thinner, and, lighter. It does feel good in the hand. And, I think I saw that the phone was water resistant - something I don't ever plan to test.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    I was looking forward to this phone but now that i know the size of the battery and no SD slot I'm going to pass

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    TheAutoMomma likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Maybe this shouldn't be a q&a on ya but what is different on sense 4+? Anything big?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I should note that HTC gave us the phones, with the desire that we answer as many questions as possible. From the comments, I have seen HTC needs some help to re-build their reputation, particularly around battery life. While a bigger battery would seem to be a requirement, I think HTC went for an optimized size. People are claiming the 2020 battery is too small, but, I think they need to give it a try before slamming it.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  19. #19  
    TheAutoMomma's Avatar

    Posts
    149 Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Countershrike v. 2.3A

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Huggie87 View Post
    I was looking forward to this phone but now that i know the size of the battery and no SD slot I'm going to pass

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Me too. Really disappointed by these two things.

    Edit: not as much size of battery but non-removable. I don't like that if the battery fries, the whole device is garbage.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Huggie87 likes this.
  20. #20  
    acejavelin's Avatar

    Posts
    811 Posts
    ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    And remember that the "16GB" won't likely be 16GB of available space, if it is like the Rez, there will be about 10GB of storage... Huge mistake in my opinion to take such a power house and cripple it like that with no options for more... personally on my phone I have 15-20GB of just music, not to mention photos and whatever else, on a 32GB card and am debating on 64GB one, could probably trim that down, but then I wouldn't have as large a selection of music to crank up at work.

    Battery concerns me as well, even if the display and radios are more efficient than the Rezound, I just don't see how a 2020mAh battery is going to cut it, with no options to get around it other than the "wireless" charging, which just seems to me to be another way for Verizon to get more money out of us.

    Still, if there was a 32GB version available with a 3000-3200mAh battery option it would be a Fry moment!
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
  21. #21  

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAutoMomma View Post
    Me too. Really disappointed by these two things.

    Edit: not as much size of battery but non-removable. I don't like that if the battery fries, the whole device is garbage.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    I agree that would be a major problem as well

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
  22. #22  

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    The specs look great, I will have to see how the size feels compared to my rezound, but like others, I don't like not having the SD card. I have currently between 10-12 gigs combined, but I have been behind on updating my music, and my collection files get updates every week with pictures, there are several gigs just for that part. The battery I am not too worried about, I just charge my rezound as needed now anyway.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,311 Posts

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    I am probably going to hold off for a bit on this phone to see what happens.

    Like everyone else, I am concerned about the battery. In comparing specs, the Razr Maxx says it can get up to 32 hours of use. That is a big claim, but there is a Razr Maxx in my house and that battery is a beast. It says the DNA gets 12.5 hours of use.

    I was really disappointed to see the small battery in this new phone. I was really hoping that the other manufactures would have taken a clue from Motorola and hunkered down with long lasting batteries. HTC has obviously not gotten that clue yet. I also have concerns about no SD card. If I get this phone, I am burning a family member's upgrade and so it is risky for me to act now. Perhaps HTC will redesign, like Motorola did with the Razr, and fix this battery and SD issue. That being said, why would a company put all this effort into a new high end phone and come up short on two crucial basic specs?

    There are reason why HTC is in the crapper financially and this here is a prime example.

    P.S. And just the mere fact that this phone has been compared to an iPhone by some has me wanting to run for the hills!!
    ~Janet~
  24. #24  
    twolastnames's Avatar

    Posts
    634 Posts
    ROM
    To embarrassed to say

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bellken View Post
    I should note that HTC gave us the phones, with the desire that we answer as many questions as possible. From the comments, I have seen HTC needs some help to re-build their reputation, particularly around battery life. While a bigger battery would seem to be a requirement, I think HTC went for an optimized size. People are claiming the 2020 battery is too small, but, I think they need to give it a try before slamming it.
    I would also agree with holding off on the battery complaints until actual testing. Sense4 uses almost no battery on standby on my Rezound, and that is on a hacked together version of it. My phone also runs substantially cooler on Sense4 than on any other rom... A LOT cooler. If this phone was over 10mm thick, they would have been crucified for an outdated design blah blah blah. Remember that from a year ago? "With the iPhone, Razr and Gnex under 9mm, the Rezound is a thick piece of crap". I think that was a direct quote.

    Feel free to though to kill them with the storage. I would not care so much but play music is so bad, and I'm not a fan of Amazon Mp3 either (even though this is were I buy all my music).

    If I may ask, how is the resolution? I know it sounds like the bomb, but can you tell a difference. I kind of wanna say you should not be able to, but I'm quite curious. I'm sure the screen tech makes it quite better (laminated digitizer, etc), anything else amazing about that screen?

    Also, are any of the Android quirks gone? I notice the stock browser crashing in all roms and Sense won't keep it's own widgets in memory, and they will take a few seconds to load when you hit the home screen, any of that? Some of these things are driving me nuts about Android in general, and then my brother goes and gets a Lumia 920 and starts telling me how WP8 is the Beez Neez and has found exactly zero bugs. Am hoping for good news on the bug report, as I'm pretty sure BB or WP8 is in my future if they are finished OS's.
    Took the S4 update on purpose, so I could not mess with my phone.... so so so stupid.
  25. #25  
    twolastnames's Avatar

    Posts
    634 Posts
    ROM
    To embarrassed to say

    Default Re: DNA HERE!!

    Ohh, and any word on USB hosting? Even though it would **** me off to no end, using a USB stick would be a crappy option to help with the memory. I know HTC is not keen on USB hosting, but one can hope.
    Took the S4 update on purpose, so I could not mess with my phone.... so so so stupid.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Post All Eris 2.1 Update Rumors, News, and Updates HERE
    By bwsmith in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 1012
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 04:57 PM
  2. BOHICA - Bend Over Here It Comes Again(G1 Style)
    By jlewis850 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 11:34 PM
  3. NEW HERE! Question about ringtones!
    By schnergun in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 06:21 PM
  4. Newb here w/Hero.
    By TonyTurboII in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 01:52 PM
  5. New Guy Here
    By barnettj in forum Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 02:53 PM

Posting Permissions

B