Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

ROM
    stock

Default Re: There's no place like home

Good to know, I always start to worry its my phone turning crazy..
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Yesterday afternoon I had issues with Tapatalk but figured it was sprints crappy 3g. I was seeing that the app was actually going so far as to brick phones. Our sgs3 is easy enough to fix but the rez is a touch harder.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

naw, I think it's AC's (or, Tapatalk's?) issue. After waiting for a thread to load, I've seen a black popup on my phone saying if the problem continues, "contact the (forum) administrator." Does not sound like it's the phone's problem.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)

ROM
    stock

I get the same pop up.. It better not brick my phone.. I'm not savvy enough to fix it... Yet.

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Sorry LJ i didnt mean to cut you off....I hit the wrong button

You should see this after we start the program

Ok I have both downloads going on the desk top now. The RUU one still says an hour to go and it's already been downloading for 20 min. We must have the slowest set up there is... U asked yesterday about the connection. It's DSL thru at&t
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

My understanding is that the app was fixed so you may want to un install it and reinstall to be sure.

As far as ac and Tapatalk, it wouldn't be the first time there was issues.

I am like fish out of water right now.... Not Internet connection... And I have to deal with 3g tethering

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Wow that was a tough half hour, I almost had to talk to the people who live here
    Wanda likes this.

I am like fish out of water right now.... Not Internet connection... And I have to deal with 3g tethering

Broadband service died? In bad weather?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Yeah I was as shocked as you since it is all Fibre optic and buried. It must have been something on their end

ROM
    stock

My understanding is that the app was fixed so you may want to un install it and reinstall to be sure.

As far as ac and Tapatalk, it wouldn't be the first time there was issues.

Just reinstalled the battery app. Works again. I didn't realize how much I used it until I didn't have it..
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

yeah sometimes it is the little things that really bug you....I format so much I rarely get attached to anything. Tapatalk, a few widgets and that is about it

ROM
    stock

I'm down loading the RUU file AGAIN.. I went back to check it and the download had been interrupted. Have no idea how, Noone was on the computer. I tried to resume the download and got a message about it being harmful to the computer. I just canceled it and started over. See what happens this time.. The htc driver file installed fine and then updated. I don't want to talk plug the phone into the computer until the other download is done.. I'm afraid I'll interrupt it... Seems so touchy..
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Info on the battery app problem

ROM
    stock

I'm about ready to throw my pc out the Window, or set it on fire, or beat it with a hammer, or... Punch a kitten... I'm downloading that dang file yet again. I don't even know what I did this time. All I know is it completed the download, and it isn't in the download folder. I can't find it friggen anywhere.. How can I make something so simple be so complicated you ask? Ha.. I'm talented that way
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

lol...do you want me to throw it up somewhere else so you can try from a different location? i still have it from last night

ROM
    stock

Nah.. Not yet. I'm going to see what happens with this one. If I still can't manage to figure it out I thought I'd have u take a look tomorrow. Maybe you can figure out where it's going. If I downloaded it then it has to be somewhere right? It wouldn't just dissappear... Would it?

ROM
    stock

And while I'm waiting I'm looking for something else to do. Decided I need a better music player.. Know any good ones? I had double twist but it's kinda... Blah
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

nope. I use tunein radio for local and stream everything via Google Music if I go that route. Not much on music players

ROM
    stock

OK.. Here's another one for ya.. I've been on my phone looking at stuff all this time.. On the Internet, Google play, mostly. My phone is on the charger and since I've been sitting here the battery has gone from 23 to 3%. It's getting ready to die and I have it on the charger...
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

with the SGS3?

ROM
    stock

Yep.. GSlll.. Took me a bit cuz it died. So I pulled the battery then let it charge for about 20 min and now it's at 3. But so far hasn't started dropping again. This has happened a a few times. Goes from 100 to nothing in just over an hour and dies while being charged. Once I think it was from the light flow app.

I mean SGSlll...
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

that's weird. i have yet to see that. As a matter of fact, i am at 5% and was talking to the wife and looking something up for about 12 minutes and it went up to 7%. not sure why yours pulled that stunt

ROM
    stock

Who knows.. Maybe I suck the life out of it.. Lol... The Gsam battery app showed that auto flow live wallpaper pretty high so I un installed it. Not big on live wall paper anyway. The top offender is the kernel... 22% or something close to that. I don't have a clue what that is or if it's normal.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

The kernel is the "intelligence" behind your phone.

The CPU is the actual physical brains, the GPU is the eyes, the kernel gives out the instructions to the CPU on what to do and to the GPU as to what to look at.

it is just a set of instructions that tells your phone what to do and what priority to give each task. Not sure why it was spiking like that. Usually it is the screen or a process that is up like that

EDIT: my kernel is at 2.9% but it has a really small sample size. I would expect something along those lines

ROM
    stock

That is a helpful explanation, thanks. Here is what the battery app shows.. I don't know if it offers any useful info to figure out the why of the battery drain.... But it's back down to 1% and it's going to die again so now I'll probably just sleep on it... I'll check out the other tomorrow too. I checked about half hour ago and the file was downloaded 75%. Just as well, I'm getting tired.. Lol.. Oh, and I know my slot mania game is high too, but it's the only way I come close to winning my millions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails There's no place like home-uploadfromtaptalk1354522009447.jpg  
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast