There's no place like home

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, I am out getting beat up in the DNA forum for voicing my opinion. LOL!

What I have liked so much about this group here is that people don't take things personal and get their panties all up in a wad.

I hope once we all splinter up with new phones we can keep meeting here for comfort!!

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
LOl yeah lucky me i haven't done much in the note II forum except say hi...

As long as AC has this forum open for us I'll be more thne happy to stop by here

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

What I have liked so much about this group here is that people don't take things personal and get their panties all up in a wad.

I hope once we all splinter up with new phones we can keep meeting here for comfort!!

I think it will stay the same, I prefer this site to any other, like you said, you don't get stepped on for asking questions. And I wont be changing out my Rezound for a long time (retail is expensive :( ) the only downside for me is that we are changing our work phones from crackberries to iphones, its going to be interesting. As long as there are people here that know Iphones, I m good, going to the apple forums is dangerous.

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

Man, I noticed! I was pretty thankful for our fairly small, nice group here. I have never felt attacked or stupid for answering questions in this forum... I think I'll have a Rezound for a long time, and I'm thankful for this forum with kind, knowledgeable folk!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Man, I noticed! I was pretty thankful for our fairly small, nice group here. I have never felt attacked or stupid for answering questions in this forum... I think I'll have a Rezound for a long time, and I'm thankful for this forum with kind, knowledgeable folk!

Yes, the people in this forum are definitely cool!! I feel safe here to speak and still have fun!

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
#1 rule about the Rez Klub - don't speak about the Rez Klub outside of Rez Klub. hehe. If you do, the freaks will drop in and wreck our little piece of heaven.

I've had little need to wander outside these forums; so, I guess I'm living a sheltered life now.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I wander out all the time. Mostly to help, but I cannot help myself from jabbing iNexus users once in awhile.

The posts that I usually hit are the unanswered one, those are the guys really either new or looking for help.

In all honesty, the android community is not becoming fragmented because of the OS, it is becoming that way due to 'my phone is better than your phone' syndrome.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Last edited:

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
In all honesty, the android community is not becoming fragmented because of the OS, it is becoming that way due to 'my phone is better than your phone' syndrome.

Yep, this. No one understands that each person has unique needs from their devices and we each use our phones differently.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I said it a long time ago. This is by far the most tolerant and level headed group on the internet...not just for Android phones...for ANYTHING. I'm 3 phones removed from my Rezound and still hang out here.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
It is amazing the amount of hate the DNA is getting, even before it is released. The on-line reviews are pretty positive, but, from the posts in the DNA forum, it sounds like it is one of the worse Android phones ever.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It is amazing the amount of hate the DNA is getting, even before it is released. The on-line reviews are pretty positive, but, from the posts in the DNA forum, it sounds like it is one of the worse Android phones ever.

Yeah they are really miffed about the battery. Some about the storage, but they are looking at it like it is a tbolt or rezound

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

It's kind of ridiculous. I won't buy one because storage is important to me and 16gb just isn't enough. However, I think it looks like an AMAZING phone. If it had 32gb, I would overlook the battery potentially needing lots of charging and be totally up to check one out. I don't understand why folks can't just give it the benefit of the doubt until they see it.

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
It does look like a great phone, unfortunately, I wont be upgrading anytime soon, that just means there will be plenty of time for testing and reviews to come in. Not worried about the battery, I have chargers at home and work. I would have to see how my storage is in my Rezound and compare it to its available space. If I can take good pictures and move through large amounts of them quickly, I will be set. Time will tell.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand why folks can't just give it the benefit of the doubt until they see it.

Just a thought ... most of those haters may have been burned before; so, they no longer look at every new phone through rose-colored glasses.

I honestly think HTC wants to be the Apple of the Android world at a time when it is clearly a disadvantage being Apple.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Just a thought ... most of those haters may have been burned before; so, they no longer look at every new phone through rose-colored glasses.

I honestly think HTC wants to be the Apple of the Android world at a time when it is clearly a disadvantage being Apple.

I would rather be Samsung over Google or apple at this point. I would improve the color scheme though

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

Eh, no rose colored glasses here, I was excited for it but it won't be the phone for me. I just think waiting and being objective is good.

But I see your point. Expect the worst, hope for the best.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but that is only the screen that will be unbreakable/bendy.

Imagine this though, I said jokingly somewhere about a 4.5 inch screen that folds out to a 5.5. Now imagine a 5 inch screen that could fold out to a tablet.....