1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default Car charger issues

My original car charger had jagged little indents on the port end and I never had issues. Just lost it. Now I have gone through five, yes five car car chargers with the micro usb port adapter. Each one lasts about a week then starts losing connectivity (red charging light flickers and my charging rate trickles or doesn't charge at all). Anyone else had this issue? Any help appreciated in advance!

Default Re: Car charger issues

Search ebay, or amazon for the HTC Flyer cord. It is white. It has the same plug-in as the original cord. I have had one, I'm using in my car, for about 10 months. No problems at all. Just be sure the picture shows the correct plug-in. Not the old universal style.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

5 car chargers? Holy crap even I in Arizona where the cars get into the 160's when sitting in a parking lot have never had the issue you are having. I still have my orignal car charger from Verizon since last november. Are you buying a $3-$5 car charger?
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4

I have one of these - Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

I only use it occasionally. I have had it since last December. good luck

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Sam's Club... $10... worth every penny!
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

Thanked by:

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Funny how people are recommending the Flyer cable... in most Rezound forums (and myself personally) it is recommended NOT to use the factory cable, many people have reported that if it is inserted incorrectly and with a slightly excess amount of force it will destroy the charging port, yet I haven't seen anyone say that about a standard microUSB cable.

And personally, I wouldn't buy anything but cables if it has the Belkin name on it... seen way to many issues with their actual electronic products.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

My phone fell off my desk the other with it on the charger. It was the original ext micro USB cable. The phone was fine but the way it landed completely bent the plug piece if the cable. I tried to fix it but a sharp piece if metal ended up sticking out of it. I just order a cable similar to the he flyer on for $5.99 from eBay.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I must be lucky, I have not had any issues with the stock usb plug, still clicks in solid like it did when I fist got it.