Car charger issues

Mizzou87

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
My original car charger had jagged little indents on the port end and I never had issues. Just lost it. Now I have gone through five, yes five car car chargers with the micro usb port adapter. Each one lasts about a week then starts losing connectivity (red charging light flickers and my charging rate trickles or doesn't charge at all). Anyone else had this issue? Any help appreciated in advance!

g8-rez

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Search ebay, or amazon for the HTC Flyer cord. It is white. It has the same plug-in as the original cord. I have had one, I'm using in my car, for about 10 months. No problems at all. Just be sure the picture shows the correct plug-in. Not the old universal style.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
5 car chargers? Holy crap even I in Arizona where the cars get into the 160's when sitting in a parking lot have never had the issue you are having. I still have my orignal car charger from Verizon since last november. Are you buying a $3-$5 car charger?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Funny how people are recommending the Flyer cable... in most Rezound forums (and myself personally) it is recommended NOT to use the factory cable, many people have reported that if it is inserted incorrectly and with a slightly excess amount of force it will destroy the charging port, yet I haven't seen anyone say that about a standard microUSB cable.

And personally, I wouldn't buy anything but cables if it has the Belkin name on it... seen way to many issues with their actual electronic products.

tiberius72

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
My phone fell off my desk the other with it on the charger. It was the original ext micro USB cable. The phone was fine but the way it landed completely bent the plug piece if the cable. I tried to fix it but a sharp piece if metal ended up sticking out of it. I just order a cable similar to the he flyer on for $5.99 from eBay.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I must be lucky, I have not had any issues with the stock usb plug, still clicks in solid like it did when I fist got it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance