Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rezound & BT Headsets

I have a general fondness for my phone, but it absolutely sucks with most bluetooth headsets I've tried. Doesn't matter if it's a cheap one or a full blown "designer" (which remains to be laughed at anyway...)

Does anyone have headset that they use with their phone? I'd like to hear from both sides, but my budget is limited right now, so I'll give special consideration to fellow cheapskates.

My last headset went the way of the dodo a few months ago, and I've gotten to the "I can't stand it" point.

Default Re: Rezound & BT Headsets

My opinion on cheaper is not always the best...keep on replacing and that adds up....spend more for better quality and build. I have the jawbone icon and it has been the absolute BEST.

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I got rid of my Rezound because if this issue. I had them send me 3 replacements and they all sounded like total garbage on the other end. I tried it with 5 different headsets. Cheap ones and high end ones and it didn't make a bit of difference. I loved the rezound but I had to have a phone with excellent BT connectivity. I don't think most people notice it because not everyone uses Bluetooth or as much as I needed it. I was disappointed when I had the same results with the replacements as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,079 Global Posts
    ROM
    Beanstalk with Hells-Core

Most people in my office use various Plantronics BT headsets (we are a Plantronics dealer) with almost every phone, including several Rezounds, we have never had any issues with any Plantronics headset on any phone. I use an old Plantronics Voyager 510 that is probably 5+ years old with no issues, just had to replace the earbuds a couple times, although the battery life is starting to drop, but that would be normal with it's age.

It works fine on the rezound end. Its the other end that has the problem. I've see. several topics on the rezounds Bluetooth hardware being sub par. The people on the other end usually don't say anything . Mine was like this for months before someone said something about the call quality .

ROM
    CM9/Countershrike v. 2.3A

Quote Originally Posted by tm1618 View Post
    It works fine on the rezound end. Its the other end that has the problem. I've see. several topics on the rezounds Bluetooth hardware being sub par. The people on the other end usually don't say anything . Mine was like this for months before someone said something about the call quality .

Hmm, if I go back to using BT headset, guess I'll have to make some teat calls and ask people if I sound ok. I haven't heard of this previously.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Please let me know. I tried 3 different ones and they all sounded like I was yelling into the phone even talking normal. And road noise was really bad too.

with the BT issues in 4.0 and 4.1 it's best to pair the headset with the Wi-Fi disabled and preferably the "mobile data/mobile network" disabled to prevent external interference that seems to collect, especially with BT version 4.0! (I work as tech support for a large BT manufacturer and all the "New" and "Great" technology is failing to be so great!)

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

I actually think the Rezound has an inferior Bluetooth radio. Connection between phone and BT stereo speaker is pretty bad. My Jawbone Icon worked very well with other handsets but voice clarity suffers when using it with the rezound.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AVWC View Post
    with the BT issues in 4.0 and 4.1 it's best to pair the headset with the Wi-Fi disabled and preferably the "mobile data/mobile network" disabled to prevent external interference that seems to collect, especially with BT version 4.0! (I work as tech support for a large BT manufacturer and all the "New" and "Great" technology is failing to be so great!)
    This post sparked my interest. I've tried different bluetooth headsets, but the call quality on all of them has been bad. I'm going to try your suggestions and see if it helps. Just curious, has anyone else with problems tried these steps?

Quote Originally Posted by bosscib View Post
    This post sparked my interest. I've tried different bluetooth headsets, but the call quality on all of them has been bad. I'm going to try your suggestions and see if it helps. Just curious, has anyone else with problems tried these steps?
    I go thru these steps with customers over a dozen times a day with various Android based phones, so I know it works. The other factors are environmental and the BT device itself. Smaller isn't always better, cheaper isn't always better, and pricey isn't always better... Check customer reviews, specs, and warranty!

i use LG hsb 7300 and i am pretty happy with, have not had any complains from other end but i have not ask either about the quality.