Phone can't find sd card

bluerez79

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I was attempting to root my rez and not sure what happened but now I seems as my phone doesn't see my sd card. In settings then storage the options for mounting card is greyed out and everything else says unavailable. Not sure what I did. Please help if anyone knows what I can do.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I was attempting to root my rez and not sure what happened but now I seems as my phone doesn't see my sd card. In settings then storage the options for mounting card is greyed out and everything else says unavailable. Not sure what I did. Please help if anyone knows what I can do.

Have you tried the card in a PC or another phone?

bluerez79

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I put another card in and the rezound didn't see it. Its like the reader isn't turned on. No sure how to fix

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

So are you saying you got partially through the rooting process and now things are not working correctly? How far did you get, HTCDev unlock, Recovery install, or somewhere else?

Last edited:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It is unlocked and I believe recovery is installed.

If you boot into hboot and go to Amon Ra Recovery, can it see the sd card there? (Just try to install a ZIP and see if you can explore the drive, don't actually install anything) Most likely this will work, telling us the hardware is OK and it's a software glitch, try a factory default from hboot.

bluerez79

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok thanks. I will try. I have done a factory reset since this problem and it didn't help. Es file explorer only shows one folder on sd card called "android" with nothing in it.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok thanks. I will try. I have done a factory reset since this problem and it didn't help. Es file explorer only shows one folder on sd card called "android" with nothing in it.

No, I meant can Amon Ra (Recovery) see the drive before the OS loads?

Also, don't forget when you unlock via HTCDev.com, the device will be factory reset and clear the SD card.

Using ES File Explorer, the external SD Card is at /sdcard/ext_sd, the internal "Phone Storage" is just /sdcard/

bluerez79

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
When in recovery the internal sd card has only one folder the external sd card has several folders with nothing in them. I hope this is what you meant. As you can tell I am new to this and probably should have tried to root and flash but it sounded so exciting. I also noticed on my gallery that all of my pics are gone. I synced them with my computer but told it not to erase them.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
When in recovery the internal sd card has only one folder the external sd card has several folders with nothing in them. I hope this is what you meant. As you can tell I am new to this and probably should have tried to root and flash but it sounded so exciting. I also noticed on my gallery that all of my pics are gone. I synced them with my computer but told it not to erase them.

You said you tried another card, was it from a working phone? It must be in FAT32 format (Not FAT, exFAT, or NTFS), have you tried reformatting the card or inserting into a different phone?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It was from a blackberry.

Something must have gotten messed up in the root process. First put the card in a PC and copy over a current RUU file (Do NOT name it the PH98IMG.zip yet!!!!) to the card, then boot into recovery and make sure you can see it on the card, if you can see it in recovery I would go back and start over... relock the bootloader ("fastboot oem lock") and rename the file on the sd card to PH98IMG.zip and let hboot reflash it back to stock. If you still have trouble I would get a replacement.

Techlive Zheng

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
It is probably a USB brick
I had the same problem with my HTC Legend a few days ago, it turns out to be a USB brick, which means something had corrupted the misc partition. The fix is simple, just flash a good misc image back to that partition and everything is back to normal, there are tons of USB unbrik TUTs out there.

Hope this could help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance