Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By acejavelin
  • 2 Post By Jude526
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

Default Battery or phone?

So I finally got a Rez that works, but I am having battery life issue. I am can make it to about lunch if I am lucky before a recharge is need. I unplug at 7am ish, and run 4g checking facebook and here there, tapatalk, and twitter, and few sms's., and by 11 or 12 I am in the yellow. This morning, it drained 10% in 10 minutes doing that, went from 97, to 87 in 10 mins, it also runs warm to hot. Here is the issue, I took my old rezound battery from my thunderbolt, could the battery just not like the Rez since it has been in my old bolt for about a year? I have a new battery that VZW sold me, that I am debating on using, but if I end up with the same issue, its a phone issue, and I am out the $30 for the battery.

What say you guys?

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Default Re: Battery or phone?

did you just get the phone and did it have GB or ICS on it if it had GB and you had to upgrade factory reset that bad boy.
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4

ROM
    Verizon Stock ICS

I say do yourself a favor and get an extended battery and then you stop even thinking about your phones battery life which should be the last thing on anyone's mind during their day.

I have the 3200Mah battery from Amazon for $25 and it's been working flawlessly for over 6 months and it even keeps the phone up to 30 degrees cooler than Stock batteries.
    All smartphones have terrible battery life. I could be wrong but IMO using a battery for a different phone can not be good.
    -We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    did you just get the phone and did it have GB or ICS on it if it had GB and you had to upgrade factory reset that bad boy.
    came with ICS preloaded, but I just did factory reset on it just to test, and am charging it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by android4life007 View Post
    I say do yourself a favor and get an extended battery and then you stop even thinking about your phones battery life which should be the last thing on anyone's mind during their day.

I have the 3200Mah battery from Amazon for $25 and it's been working flawlessly for over 6 months and it even keeps the phone up to 30 degrees cooler than Stock batteries.
    All smartphones have terrible battery life. I could be wrong but IMO using a battery for a different phone can not be good.
    I am thinking about this, but I am unsure if I want the extra bulk of it...

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

I do have the 2750 Mah battery also as My phone LOVES to eat battery if you are running a stock battery that is a issue also. As the Stock battery never felt strong enough. (the biggest complaint)
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

I finally picked up the 2750 mAh battery and extended back case from Amazon -- $30 and damn worth it imo. Not gonna lie -- it adds bulk & weight... but the power!! I flog my phone all day @ 100% brightness (DAT SCREEN!!) and get home with plenty PLENTY of charge. That's me... YMMV.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

there has got to be something up with either the battery or phone, so I bit the bullet and opened the new battery to try and if that does not work I will call VZW about a replacement.

I could be rogue app, but since you reset it, it obviously isn't the problem.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

The Rezound is noted for poor battery life... About 2-2.5 hours of screen on time with excellent signal is all you will get from a standard battery, so if you were on battery for 48 minutes with the screen on all (or most) of the time, what you are showing is pretty normal. I see you only have 3G and moderate signal, this will definitely reduce battery life further, perhaps only 1.5-2 hours of screen on time is normal.

Have you installed a battery monitoring app like GSam Battery Monitor, it could give you some indication of where the battery is really going. Unfortunately, the main battery drainers on this phone are mostly out of your control, the screen and the radios, the best you can do with the screen is lower the brightness to lowest tolerable level, and the radios are completely out of your control, 3G vs 4G is questionable, I have seen people get better battery life on both randomly, I always get better battery life on 4G vs 3G but YMMV.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
    ctychick likes this.

Mine lasts all day. Regular battery

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    jlost and johnriii like this.

8 days with my Rezound, and with Juice Defender installed, I get 12 hours and I'm down to about 45%, with moderate use. stock battery.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

With wifi I still have to charge at least once a day.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

As mentioned earlier in the thread: Rezound battery life sucks and blows at the same time -- definitely an unfortunate circumstance. Luckily, you have options and now you can create an informed decision that fits your lifestyle:

1. get a different phone.
    2. rarely use this phone so that you have power when you absolutely need it.
    3. charge during the day.
    4. carry a spare charged battery (1620 mAh stock battery - $11.06 new from Amazon)
    5. purchase a larger battery (HTC 2750 mAh battery + HTC extended back cover - $43.95 new from Amazon)

Yes, we know what you are going through... yes, it is unfortunate that you have to make a decision.

For me - I chose to get the 2750 mAh battery. I run my screen at 100% brightness, I have my phone set to 4G only (it's a very sh!tty 4G covered area) and wifi at home. How I use my phone is probably different than how you use your phone... you now have to decide what is best for you.

Acejavelin mentioned a nice app -- GSam Battery Monitor (free in Play store) -- you might find it a very useful tool (if you are not already using it). It breaks down battery use per app, radio, screen, etc.

Here is some info from my phone:

Good luck in your detective work and in whatever you decide to do!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

Thanks for the info, Next billing period I will order the extended battery from vzw

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by z71kris View Post
    there has got to be something up with either the battery or phone, so I bit the bullet and opened the new battery to try and if that does not work I will call VZW about a replacement.

Looks exactly like mine smh..
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

The new battery is most definitely better, but not good. So after the new billing period come I will or order an extended battery.

amazingly, my wife and I are both impressed with the stock battery of the rezound. maybe this has something to do with coming from the Tbolt less than two weeks ago, but I have no complaints at all with the battery life. I can easily go from 7am to about 10 pm and still have about 40% left. not bad for a "battery hog".
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by johnriii View Post
    amazingly, my wife and I are both impressed with the stock battery of the rezound. maybe this has something to do with coming from the Tbolt less than two weeks ago, but I have no complaints at all with the battery life. I can easily go from 7am to about 10 pm and still have about 40% left. not bad for a "battery hog".
    I wish mine lasted that long.

After reading through the posts no one is telling you how to get the most out of what you already have. Let's look at what you have. You have two batteries and that puts you up on the game. Do you have an external charger? That would put you way up on the game. They are or were around $5. They may have come down or they may be about the same either way it is money well spent if you have more than one battery. Let's move on. Do you know about bump charging. It's simple and it gets you a little extra bang for your buck when it comes to battery life. Bump. Then there are all of the phone settings and widget things that have been echoed since the beginning of smart phones. Lower you brightness, use a darker colored background pic, reduce the number of widgets on your home page, lower the frequency of your syncs, blah blah balh. It sounds like you like your facebook, (personally I think it's evil, but that's me) so longer times between syncs is probably not going to work for you. If you can tolerate it setting your brightness to auto is not a bad bet. Lowering it 20-30% helps but if you want to watch a movie or play certain games this can be a pain. Reducing the number of widgets you have on your home page can be a big help, especially if you have ones that always want to update, like friend stream and FB and one for your SMS, and one for your mail. Let some of them go and you'll find that you won't even miss them. There are hundreds of threads about all of this, and the conclusion is if you don't use your phone the battery will last forever. But then what's the point. Juice defender is always an option, but it only works if you can live within the parameters that it allows you to. So if checking your FB account every 6 hours, not having a data connection when the screen is off, and only checking for text messages every hour or so works for you, something like JD may be an avenue to explore.

Here's what I'd rather have you try. Charge both batteries. Bump charge the new one and use it first. If it gets you to lunch or a little more under your current set up your golden. Even so I would turn on auto brightness. I doubt you'll even notice a difference. Change batteries at 14%. That should get you home and then some. Have a charger in your vehicle and use it during your commute to and from work. Just because your starting the day off with a fresh battery doesn't mean you have to depend on it and start using it right off the rip. If you can charge at work that is a great scenario, because I don't know about your work but we can only use our phones at break, so there's 2 hours between breaks you can build your charge back up. If you can not charge at work airplane mode. Signal is also an issue for me at work and airplane mode is the best. Just like a weak signal draining your battery so will searching for signal. Airplane mode allows you to use the phone without the wait of powering on the phone, and it saves a ton of battery. If possible do both, charge and airplane mode between breaks and you'll leave work with a full charge everyday. You cannot respond to SMS or FB until break anyway so what does it matter if you don't get the notification as soon as it's sent? I truly feel if you can implement even a small portion of this you'll find new life in your smart phone.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    Mine lasts all day. Regular battery

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    Same here!

I use Juice Defender, so that may help me last a bit longer than most with the stock battery. no matter how bad the Rezound is, it's still much better than the Tbolt. just in the fact that it doesn't seem to work as hard to hold on to the LTE signal makes the battery better. the Tbolt was the start of LTE goodness on verizon, but it definately was the "guinea pig". it's served it's purpose, and gone out to pasture.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

I just bought a rezound for my wife off Craigslist. Battery life is just terrible. It will go down by 10% just by sending a couple of texts. She tried the extended battery today and now it is about on par with my gnex but it looks ridiculous with that giant battery. I'm hoping I can figure out what is wrong with it since she and I both like the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2