Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jphillips1963
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts

Default Jumped Ship

Well I went and did it, I decided I wanted to try something new so I purchased the Droid Razr Maxx HD a couple days ago and so far I'm liking the phone. What I'm liking most is this battery life, can you say wow!!! I'm a very heavy user with my phone and my Rezound wouldn't come close to getting me thru a day of use. Yes I even had the extended battery in and still it just would not get me thru 4-5 hrs. With this new maxx I've gone so far over 12 hrs on the charge and still going strong. I'll give credit where its due, The Rezound had been the best phone I've ever had. Not one time had I have to do a factory reset or even call tech support. The down side though was I just never could figure out how to unlock the phone and root it. Scott had a really nice clean rom I used until an update came thru and that blew that one out. Thanks Scott for your work. Mr Smith worked with me on trying to get my phone unlocked but I just gave up. Who knows I may come back but until then I'm going to play with my new rooted Maxx HD. I'll poke my head in once in a while and see whats new here.

James
    skatergirl and MERCDROID like this.

Default Re: Jumped Ship

I jumped to a HTC Droid DNA, thanks to htcelevate. Enjoy your Maxx.

I suspect others will jump as they get upgrade eligibility. There are a lot of great new phones out there.
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
    Well I went and did it, I decided I wanted to try something new so I purchased the Droid Razr Maxx HD a couple days ago and so far I'm liking the phone. What I'm liking most is this battery life, can you say wow!!! I'm a very heavy user with my phone and my Rezound wouldn't come close to getting me thru a day of use. Yes I even had the extended battery in and still it just would not get me thru 4-5 hrs. With this new maxx I've gone so far over 12 hrs on the charge and still going strong. I'll give credit where its due, The Rezound had been the best phone I've ever had. Not one time had I have to do a factory reset or even call tech support. The down side though was I just never could figure out how to unlock the phone and root it. Scott had a really nice clean rom I used until an update came thru and that blew that one out. Thanks Scott for your work. Mr Smith worked with me on trying to get my phone unlocked but I just gave up. Who knows I may come back but until then I'm going to play with my new rooted Maxx HD. I'll poke my head in once in a while and see whats new here.

James
    There is a Razr Maxx in my house and yes the battery life is huge!
    ~Janet~
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Banned

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bellken View Post
    I jumped to a HTC Droid DNA, thanks to htcelevate. Enjoy your Maxx.

I suspect others will jump as they get upgrade eligibility. There are a lot of great new phones out there.
    I had my heart set on the DNA even though I was skeptical of the low memory, then I didn't signal test against the Rezound and I found the DNA had worse signal strength and where I live I need all the signal strength my phone can pull in. So I decided on the RM HD which has a bit better signal than the Rezound. I hope you get great use from your DNA.

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperRez

ive jumped to the Note 2 and love it, crazy battery life on a huge screen. Love it, but I miss the rezound's great screen.

ROM
    Viper

Played with one today. Was not impressed personally. Granted it was a display phone, but it was studery and the screen is way over saturated to my eyes. And the ui is a hodge podge of stock and "why did you add that" elements

Glad you like it though lol. Enjoy the industry leading battery life

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Also jumped ship. bought a S3 on craigslist. I like the thinness, size, shape, speed, accessories, battery life, but the reception is nothing like the Rezound. In a bad area of town wifes rezound has 1 bar and 4GLTE and I have zero bars in and out with 1x data. Samsung antennas are the sukzors!

Still have the resound but added the Droid DNA very happy with just an awesome phone

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
    I had my heart set on the DNA even though I was skeptical of the low memory, then I didn't signal test against the Rezound and I found the DNA had worse signal strength and where I live I need all the signal strength my phone can pull in. So I decided on the RM HD which has a bit better signal than the Rezound. I hope you get great use from your DNA.
    I like it so far, I kind of miss the sd card, but, I am not close to filling up my internal storage. I am in a decent LTE area, and, my reception seems to be comparable to my rezound. The biggest difference is the DNA uses less energy than the rezound, when, it is idle. The rezound guzzled battery, where the DNA seems to just sip on the battery, truly amazing (especially, compared to the rezound)