Getting kicked out of browser

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
While browsing most web pages on the stock browser I seem to get kicked off back to my home screen ...has anyone else experience this problem? If so how did u fix it?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings and clear cache. Have had that happen to me too.

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have done that as well didn't seem to solve the problem tho will try again. thanks

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
While browsing most web pages on the stock browser I seem to get kicked off back to my home screen ...has anyone else experience this problem? If so how did u fix it?

I have it and my husband does too. In for possible solution, as it's very frustrating!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
What happens when you try another browser - Chrome, Firefox, etc?

Have you rebooted your device lately?

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I think it's an ICS bug. Every rom I try, every browser I try, this will happen once in a while. Even happens on my work tablet, a 10" xyboard, which is pretty much vanilla android this happens. Not a big deal, since when you bring it back up, all your tabs are remembered. This is one of many "unfinished" things on android that have me wanting to see what's up with WP8, and or hope BB 10 is a success.

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

Not sure about the op, but first thing I did was yet reboot. Still happens with some frequency. I don't want to use Chrome as it's a notorious battery suck. I may try Firefox, but honestly, I'm not quite THAT annoyed by it just yet. I might get there, but ok for now just reopening it the browser.

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

I use opera mini sometimes and I don't have a problem with that.

I have rebooted, clear cache, history just about everything so I ended up calling customer support and they told me to do a factory reset so I did but that didn't solve the problem so I will be getting a replacement

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I use opera mini sometimes and I don't have a problem with that.

I have rebooted, clear cache, history just about everything so I ended up calling customer support and they told me to do a factory reset so I did but that didn't solve the problem so I will be getting a replacement

It sounds like the replacement is very likely going to have same problem! Why bother with a replacement that could potentially have a lot of other problems?!? That does NOT sound like a good move.

(I only use Chrome; so, I never noticed the problem with the stock browser myself.)

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like the replacement is very likely going to have same problem! Why bother with a replacement that could potentially have a lot of other problems?!? That does NOT sound like a good move.

(I only use Chrome; so, I never noticed the problem with the stock browser myself.)

I understand what u mean I was trying everything to avoid a replacement especially since this is going to be my fourth rezound but I also would like a phone that functions properly

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my rezound and Acer tablet. On my tablet I am getting kicked out of apps also after 30 seconds to a minute. Just started recently. Firefox seems to be working better but still my apps are going back to the home screen.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm having the same issue, but I thought it was just me. I'm glad and sad to see I'm not alone. Anyway, I've done all of the reboots, cache clearing, cookie clearing, and other clearing also, but I don't know when the last update was how to tell, or revert back from it if it's possible or any of that. It always worked just fine so I'm speculating that something along those lines must have happened to suddenly cause this condition. I too have Chrome, but prefer not to use it mostly because it doesn't have flash. I didn't know about the battery issue with it but that's just one more reason to pull it out occasionally and not every day. Meanwhile, I'll just deal with it until I can'ts take it no more!

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your factory reset. Those suck and for it not to work, that really sucks! And one more thing, it doesn't always pull your tabs back up. I would say it's like 3 in 5 or 6 in 10 times that it will open with your org tabs.

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm having the same issue, but I thought it was just me. I'm glad and sad to see I'm not alone. Anyway, I've done all of the reboots, cache clearing, cookie clearing, and other clearing also, but I don't know when the last update was how to tell, or revert back from it if it's possible or any of that. It always worked just fine so I'm speculating that something along those lines must have happened to suddenly cause this condition. I too have Chrome, but prefer not to use it mostly because it doesn't have flash. I didn't know about the battery issue with it but that's just one more reason to pull it out occasionally and not every day. Meanwhile, I'll just deal with it until I can'ts take it no more!

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your factory reset. Those suck and for it not to work, that really sucks! And one more thing, it doesn't always pull your tabs back up. I would say it's like 3 in 5 or 6 in 10 times that it will open with your org tabs.

Yes factory resets are the worst I've tried so hard to avoid that I've did everything u did but nothing worked I tried dealing with the internet issue but it just happens to much and it never pulls up my tabs it always goes to the home page

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Also has anyone noticed the homepage of the browser jumping, like just as it reloads it tries to load again and again in a loop? On a sad note I got kicked out of cut the rope the same way. So far it was only once and it's only been that game but it felt very similar to the browser issue. Ifinished the last level and bam I was liking at my Android home? Has anyone noticed these other two issues?

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I started getting kicked out of the stock browser about 3 - 4 weeks ago. About the same time, my 'Zound quit automatically syncing via blue-tooth in my car (have no idea if it is related). At that time, I couldn't find any information on line, so I decided I was going to have to do a hard reset (I hoped it would help with the occasional overheating that started after the last OS upgrade, too). I also decided that if I was going to do a hard reset, I might as well unlock and root at the same time.

I finally bit the bullet last weekend and rooted. I am still having problems with the stock browser - although it seems to be better. (Getting kicked out, for me, most often occurs when I'm going from one web site to another. I have a lot of news sites bookmarked and I often get booted when I go from the first or main site to another link/tab. I tried changing settings to 'Open in a new tab' but that didn't help.) After rooting/hard reset, the overheating is much better and my blue-tooth is back up and working.

I hope somebody figures out a solution for the browser problem - it is not critical, but it is a pain. I don't think a new phone is going to be the answer...

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
For me this is a major issue because I use my phone internet browser a lot and I am kicked off just about everytime I use it if I didn't this wouldn't bother me as much so hopefully a replacement will solve the issue

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a rezound so I don't have a fix for this, but what I do is I don't even use the stock browser on my phone. For all my normal browsing I use chrome. If I want to surf websites that need to use flash, I use dolphin web browser. Both work flawlessly and don't close themselves for no reason.

I just Flicked that message to you via my MAXXed out RAZR

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Agreed with Durango. Although, I use Chrome & Firefox.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Agreed with Durango. Although, I use Chrome & Firefox.

While until this phone I would agree with both of you, the stock browser is limited and has some drawbacks it offers things I haven't found in with any replacement. Flash is part of that but another part is allowing you to play videos in an external viewer is another. If there were a third party app that did this is switch and not look back.

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
So i received a replacement device and a new sim and ended up sending the phone back because it was constantly rebooting but i put the new sim in the phone that i was replaceing and my internet issues are gone