DNA vs Razr Maxx HD

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Every one has a dud phone in the past. The one x, rezound, Evo, dna more than make up for it.

And the tb was terrible out of the gate, but it also was the first lte phone on Verizon. There are always issues with products that break new ground. About a year in or so, the tbolt was decent, except the battery

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

The thunderbolt radio is awful. Even now. My friend has one and it drops signal very frequently compared to my rezound, Galaxy SIII, and razr maxx. My friend has gone through several clnr all with the same issue. Some in the Thundrebolt forum report similar. On my Thunderbolt (i had a few) i never got into the 30s. On my rezound, razr maxx, and gs3, i have gotten over 60mbps.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy SIII

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Every one has a dud phone in the past. The one x, rezound, Evo, dna more than make up for it.

And the tb was terrible out of the gate, but it also was the first lte phone on Verizon. There are always issues with products that break new ground. About a year in or so, the tbolt was decent, except the battery

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Lol...really? The Evo? Have you read the horror stories about the horrible LTE radio on the Evo? I thought about switching to Sprint and upgrading to the Evo from my original Droid Incredible until I went to the Evo forums. What good is an LTE phone that can't hold an LTE signal? And the DNA is a joke with 16 gig non-expandable memory. I wouldn't even be able to transfer the apps & music from my 2 1/2 year old Inc to the DNA. And a scrawny 2000 mah battery to power that big 1080 screen? Come on. There's a reason HTC is in the position it is. I loved the original Inc but gave up waiting for the next great HTC phone. The Maxx HD rocks.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol...really? The Evo? Have you read the horror stories about the horrible LTE radio on the Evo? I thought about switching to Sprint and upgrading to the Evo from my original Droid Incredible until I went to the Evo forums. What good is an LTE phone that can't hold an LTE signal? And the DNA is a joke with 16 gig non-expandable memory. I wouldn't even be able to transfer the apps & music from my 2 1/2 year old Inc to the DNA. And a scrawny 2000 mah battery to power that big 1080 screen? Come on. There's a reason HTC is in the position it is. I loved the original Inc but gave up waiting for the next great HTC phone. The Maxx HD rocks.

If you actually were to look at the reviews and not just the specs, you would see that the battery life on the DNA is on par with anything except the maxx and note 2. The screen is a new lcd3 tech that does not use as much juice.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Really, then you never had the Thunderbolt because if you have you would know it that HTC has failed miserably with their devices in the past.

I was wondering the same thing when I read the prior post. Loved my Tbolt initially, but I was upgraded from the Eris! the battery life and connection issues quickly made me hate that phone, and now i'm rockin' a Rezound and so much more pleased. HTC has been hit and miss over the years...be careful with the DNA. the specs look great, and it's a beautiful phone, but looks can be deceiving. I've heard the battery life on the DNA is better than expected, but I can't speak from experience. right now, I'm trending towards the razr HD or the razr maxx HD. we will see in about 7 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL