Rezound on Straight Talk?

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Does the LTE Rezound have GSM radios? I don't think its possible. But I could be wrong. Although, Straight Talk now supports VZW, you may be able to get a SIM card for it.

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
yes the Rez is a world phone and supports GSM (it has the radios) they never turned them on (Verizon) as they said they would over 6 months ago. The devs over at XDA have it working well, I just do not know if it specifically supports straight talk

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Here is the stock firmware for Global Mode (enables GSM radios): [Exclusive Download] Full RUU Build 4.03.605.2 For The HTC Rezound You should be able to use this and a Straight Talk SIM card, although you might have to tweak the APN settings some.

Plus, the Rezound can be made to work on Straight Talk using CDMA (3G only) but it is not for the light-hearted, see this: Rezound on Straight Talk using Verizon towers- no sim card.(talk,text,MMS,Internet) - xda-developers

Depending on what you can get the Rezound for, if you are seriously looking at Straight Talk you might be better off to get a unlocked GSM phone online, some searching can find you some Chinese/Korean knock-offs for around $100 that are actually not too bad.

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Does the LTE Rezound have GSM radios? I don't think its possible. But I could be wrong. Although, Straight Talk now supports VZW, you may be able to get a SIM card for it.

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.

It definately has GSM radios. If you put it on a Global ROM GSM is enabled.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

jbarborka

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you use the AT&T SIM, at least for now. T-Mobile's HSPA+ network currently operates on the 2100 MHz band, while the Rezound works on 1900 MHz, so I believe you'd only get Edge speeds on T-Mobile. They are migrating their HSPA+ network over to 1900 MHz, but that won't won't be rolling out nationwide until next year. AT&T's HSPA+ network operates on 1900 MHz, so I "think" the rezound should get full data.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you use the AT&T SIM, at least for now. T-Mobile's HSPA+ network currently operates on the 2100 MHz band, while the Rezound works on 1900 MHz, so I believe you'd only get Edge speeds on T-Mobile. They are migrating their HSPA+ network over to 1900 MHz, but that won't won't be rolling out nationwide until next year. AT&T's HSPA+ network operates on 1900 MHz, so I "think" the rezound should get full data.

The 2100 MHz band is UMTS band 1, which is all over the place. Tmobile is on UMTS band 4, which uses 1700 MHz for the reverse channel and 2100 MHz for the forward channel. They aren't cross compatible. Not meaning to be pedantic about it, but people should be aware when they order international phones that say they have 2100 MHz support, that's talking about UMTS band 1 and not the tmobile USA AWS (band 4) variant.

Scott Hudachek

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm kinda nervous to do this. I've been reading that people have trouble with getting text messages to send. And also do I choose the first choice on the pic attached
36436042.png
when ordering my sim card?

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
You'd want to choose the 2nd option, the first one just takes you to a screen that says basically that they do not offer service for those phones.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2