What all is sent to you when filing a Rezound Insurance claim?

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
So I haven't filed an insurance claim on a phone since my blackberry storm three years ago. They sent me a storm, no back, no battery, no charger. What was wrong with my device was water damage.

Now I have a Rezound that won't charge due to the USB having a loose connection inside of the phone. Filed online, and it appears that they are sending me a new phone, new battery, new charger, and new back cover. Is this right?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So I haven't filed an insurance claim on a phone since my blackberry storm three years ago. They sent me a storm, no back, no battery, no charger. What was wrong with my device was water damage.

Now I have a Rezound that won't charge due to the USB having a loose connection inside of the phone. Filed online, and it appears that they are sending me a new phone, new battery, new charger, and new back cover. Is this right?
I got a "new" Rezound for a broken screen replacement about a month ago from Asurion... it was actually a refurb phone with used back cover, "like new" used battery, and new "el-cheapo" A/C charger with non-removable USB cable. Pretty sure that "new" to Asurion means "new to you" not a BRAND NEW device, although some people have reported getting a new phone I didn't.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my fourth Rez (2 cracked screens, 1 non-responsive screen). The first two were CLNRs but came with back, battery. My latest was brand new, in the box with Beats, charger, battery, sim card...the whole shebang.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354685999285.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354685999285.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 33

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
KS Droid, you happen to know how long ago you received your brand new rezound? Lucky! I hope I recieve a brand new Rezound, I'll find out tomorrow and post what I receive.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
When I had my issue it was "overnight", meaning I filled out the online claim on Saturday night/Sunday morning and it shipped Monday, got it Tuesday.

mstraw9379

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Just recently I got a refurb to replace a cracked screen. Phone, back, battery and charger (not HTC charger) was in the box. You don't send back your existing battery so you end up with an extra battery.
the refurb had issues so they replaced it with a new phone and that was everything that comes new in the box.

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Recieved my replacement phone today. It is refurbished, so not as lucky to get a new one. It is in really great shape. No screen scratches, no cosmetic wear. Definately better than the one I am sending back. It does have however, a warmer screen, visualy. My old Rezound had pure whites, this one has warmer whites, and it doesnt apear as bright. The blacks seem nicer on the new Refurb. Has anyone ever noticed anything like this before? Regaurdless, I guess im keeping it. They also sent me a back cover, a 16gb micro sd card, a cheap charger, and a battery that drops fast from 15% down to 5%. Do I need to complain or just live with the differences?

Attachments

• IMG951224.jpg
    IMG951224.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 26

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
The battery they gave me won't even hold a charge now. When I use my exsisting battery and charge it in the new refurb, the phone gets really hot and gives me the over heating LED flash of green and red. On top of that, the screen color is more amber or yellow in color, So I called Assurion back, told them everything that is wrong with the new device after playing with it for a day, and they are sending me a factory sealed, from Verizon, BRAND NEW new Rezound with beats and everything. Awesome

Taking a look at the picture, do you think Assurion buffers out all scratches on the screen when refurbishing phones, and is that why my Refurbished phone screen on the left looks tainted?

Last edited:

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Today I recieved a brand new, never opened, HTC Rezound box like the one KSDroid01 posted. I'm glad Assurion took great care of me when my Rezound would not charge my battery due to wear and tear inside the USB port. I'm going to charge my phone a lot more with the included charger spefically for the Rezound, the tip is different from anything I have seen.I think using a regular micro usb is what caused the issue to begin with.

Now, do I be a bad boy and unlock and root this one? :)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
yeah that is a combo MHL and USB cord, I think. It is a f'd up thing but yeah it is best to use i suppose....

I am not even gonna dignify that last question with an answer.

Just be sure you s-off too....

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I think it's been about two weeks. I suspect Asurion sends new ones out if you had problems with an initial replacement that was a refurb in the interest of trying to satisfy customers.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I think it's been about two weeks. I suspect Asurion sends new ones out if you had problems with an initial replacement that was a refurb in the interest of trying to satisfy customers.

Actually kind of hoping so... I got a refurb about 3 weeks ago, and the first week was fine, but over the last week it has gotten stuck in bootloop 4 times now, and it's also chowing threw battery like crazy and the proximity sensor is driving me crazy... Going to call and complain for a replacement this evening.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with Asurion, they are sending me a BRAND NEW Rezound (provided one is "available" at the time of shipment) as a replacement for my refurbished unit, should have it Tuesday... Will believe it when I get it with the Beats in the sealed box!

Last edited:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Actually kind of hoping so... I got a refurb about 3 weeks ago, and the first week was fine, but over the last week it has gotten stuck in bootloop 4 times now, and it's also chowing threw battery like crazy and the proximity sensor is driving me crazy... Going to call and complain for a replacement this evening.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with Asurion, they are sending me a BRAND NEW Rezound (provided one is "available" at the time of shipment) as a replacement for my refurbished unit, should have it Tuesday... Will believe it when I get it with the Beats in the sealed box!
It arrived today... new phone, all accessories, including Beats and a new SIM card!!!

Attachments

• New Rezound.jpg
    New Rezound.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 21

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am glad they sent it to you that way but it show that the poor old Rez is getting near EOL. Sending out so many new ones = getting rid of stock IMHO

Judoka

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I just had mine replaced because of a broken screen last week. It would appear to be a refurb since it was not in an original box. It came with the phone, battery, the cheap charger with non-removable micro USB, back cover and SIM card. The phone itself is in perfect physical condition, the screen looks every bit as good as my old one did before it shattered and the battery I don't know about because I just transferred my extended battery to the replacement. I have noticed a rather large difference in battery life between the replacement phone and my old one...for the better. I could get a maximum of 16 hours out of the old phone with the screen turned down and most syncing turned off using the extended battery, at that point it would shut off with the battery completely dead. I have had the replacement phone off the charger at least that long every day for the past week and a couple times for a little over 18 hours and have yet to see the battery go below 40% remaining without restricting any syncing.